300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody went yesterday to Brooklyn?

Crazy..spent 12 hours there. Apparently a lot of people failed the PAT...I passed with flying colors but failed the vision so will have to consider Lasik

Comment

• LukeSW
      LukeSW commented
      Editing a comment
      Appx. how many candidates were there? I heard if you have the 8:00 appointment there's very little chance you would stay there that long.

• Virgil_Tibbs
      Virgil_Tibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      An investigator told my group that there were around 248 people...I got there for check-in at 7:30(start time at 8)...idk what took so long but we were told lots of people were failing/people throwing up killed time as well...

Seemed like they weren't prepared for us to be there so long...or perhaps that was part of process...hmm lol

• Hello, I had an appointment for 6/26 in bklyn. Just received email that it’s been postponed/canceled. I’m 39, female and need way more training. Any idea when they would reschedule?

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
      Virgil_Tibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow they canceled on you and din't provide a makeup date? I'd be on top of them for sure...smh

• call them every day. start doing pushups, situps, mount climbers, running

Comment

• My PAT appointment for the 6/27 was postponed as well. Just got the email this evening. Bummed. I was ready to get this done. I have to be on the look out for the new appointment date. Anyone know what happened or why they are canceling/postponing these appointments?

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        No clue but it felt like they scheduled too many people on the 24th...I can't imagine they expected us to start at 7:30AM and be there until the late evening. There were over 30 groups, I was in the 30s and I left around 6:30PM...and there was still another classroom after me. Keep in mind each classroom was at least 30 or so people and they took us in groups of 6 I believe it was.

• Hi everyone!

They did speak about 6/24 and said they overbooked it (250ish people). On 6/27, there was 150 people who checked in, and I would say about 60 pass. I was one of them. Woohoo!!

They check everyone in and make sure you have all the correct documentation (many people forgot and had to leave). Next, they give a 30 min talk about the test and court officer life. Then, they assign group numbers. The test started around 9:30am and I think the first group finished around 1:30pm. I was in the last group. We started our test at 3pm, and I got out around 6pm. After you pass the physical, you have to take the vision test, and they take your fingerprints. Last, they talk about next steps and give you a date for written psychological and background test. It really depends on the group you are in, but I would block out the whole day.

Also, make sure you got a confirmation email. I received mine a week before. Some people confirmed, but never got a confirmation email and then they had to wait to see if they can squeeze them in. They also said never leave a message and make sure you talk to a real human. Good luck everyone!
      Last edited by Lisa57; 07-02-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Virgil_Tibbs
        Virgil_Tibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        In what range is your list number? I'm in the late 10,000s...and yet I saw people in the 6000 range on the 24th.

I guess anything is possible but I'm not too optimistic about getting into a rumored November class especially with Court Officer having such small classes(compared to DOC/NYPD)...

• Originally posted by Lisa57 View Post

Next, they give a 30 min talk about the test and court officer life.
      Just curious what did they tell you about “court officer life?”
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Lisa57
        Lisa57 commented
        Editing a comment
        He talked about the Supreme Court and said when a person is facing 25 years to life, you are the one person that is preventing them from freedom. These people have nothing to lose so they may attempt to tackle and grab your gun. He told us to expect to get punched by people and pepper sprayed. He said law and order is a lie and TV doesn't accurately portray the life of a court officer. He talked about his career and the obstacles he went through.

He told us to keep training because the academy is harder and the requirements for this test are the minimum. Keep running, sit-up, mountain climbers (basically core workouts and cardio). He said we run outside in Prospect Park, so I was going to aim to run 3 times a week 3.5 miles. And he stressed the importance of training your body because there may be a situation where we have to run up 5 flights of stairs to get to a court room.

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post

Just curious what did they tell you about “court officer life?”
      Sounds like chief Bassileri not sure if I spelled that name right

Comment

• Make sure you guys and gals take the words of the Chief serious. The physical training is not a joke. The job is not a joke. Best of luck to all.

Comment

• We still need to call the Psych Department even if we replied to the e-mail confirmation, correct?

Comment

• Hello everyone. Here waiting for my background investigation appointment. Came early but waiting outside. Any advice on what should I expect today? Thanks!

Comment

• Hey, guys, I am set for psych interview monday, July 22 and meet with investigator July 29th. Rank in mid 7,000's. So any one have any clue on when the academy might possibly be? Also wondering up to what rank did they go in the last academy? wanna see where I stand.

Comment

• maximus477
                maximus477 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Reigns167 appreciate the response. definitely boosts my moral the way you put it.

• Holcroft
                Holcroft commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing official , but a november class is possible for NYC academy

• Reigns167
                Reigns167 commented
                Editing a comment
                Heard the same November date , they need officers badly . Didn’t spend all that money on a new academy facility to not put classes in

• maximus477
                maximus477 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the info on a possible November academy. Sounds good.

• When is the next test?

Comment

• Reigns167
                Reigns167 commented
                Editing a comment
                Probably 2020 . Usually they do it in October-December , thought it would have been this year but they haven’t announced it yet so I wouldn’t count on it being this year .

• Lisa57
                Lisa57 commented
                Editing a comment
                They told us spring of 2020 is the next exam.

• I also heard another class in November. The last academy class the numbers got up to the upper 6000's.

Comment

• maximus477
                maximus477 commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh nice, so I'm kinda in the head of the pack for next class since I'm in the 7000's. Good to know.

• Reigns167
                Reigns167 commented
                Editing a comment
                It takes about 1000 -1500 candidates just to narrow it down to 100 to put it in perspective

• Just got back from doing Psych interview. showed up early and lobby security kept me waiting downstairs for 45 min telling me your psychologist has not arrived yet. Then they sent me up and in the psych department, I was told that they made a mistake downstairs and you should have been sent up long before....I honestly thought "Is this a test" lol. Anyway all good. They really ask about every little detail of your life. Just told the truth and kept as relaxed as possible what can you do. good luck to everyone else in the process.

Comment

• I still wonder how they are processing. I'm 109xx...and at the PAT I saw people in the high 6000s and all sorts of different list numbers...how on Earth could they go through 4000 people? I probably don't stand a chance in hell...

Comment

• maximus477
                  maximus477 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  many many people wash out in the physical. Probably 2/3 applicants washed out in physical the day I was there. Now throw in psych and background and many many more I imagine drop off. visualize if you will allied soldiers storming the beaches of normandy lol.

• Lisa57
                  Lisa57 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am in the same boat as you. I’m high 11xxx. I was in the last group on my day and out of the 150 that were there, I would say 60ish passed. I also found some stats on the NY correction psychology exam and it said 25% get disqualified (I know different exam but I assume the results are about the same). I was wondering if our physical score affects our place. I scored 27/28 so I am hoping that gives me a boost.
                  Last edited by Lisa57; 07-24-2019, 08:21 PM.

• maximus477
                  maximus477 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  nice lisa 27/28 is impressive. I think I had same or 26/28 not sure. I think your physical score will be looked at by the deciding panel of bosses. I might imagine that they would look at physical and see how serious you took it by preparing for it and your overall physical ability and long term health. I have no proof of this but I imagine its a possibility.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13551 users online. 442 members and 13109 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X