Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m getting my documents ready for the BI, and have a question regarding the drivers lifetime abstract. Is the one where you can pay $7, download and print allowed or do we need to have the $10 mailed one?

Comment

• E.R. HERO
      E.R. HERO commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to fill out and mail an MV15 with copy of my DL and check for the LIFETIME driver abstract
      The other one I was told was not good enough. Best of luck to you.

• Joey1995
      Joey1995 commented
      Editing a comment
      You need the one where you request it by mail and they mail it to you get it done asap it takes a couple weeks to get

• OPT3 I think it’s the 1 u request through the mail.

Comment

• When is the next exam?

Comment

• Can’t we just go to the DMV and get the abstract?

Comment

• Dman0724
          Dman0724 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I did and it was fine.

• Dman0724
          Dman0724 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking at the list of documents they want they have changed it. They didn't ask for the lifetime one when I was going for my back ground interview. For the lifetime one you have to mail it in. It takes a few weeks to get it.

• For those asking about the DMV abstract I believe I used the online one and it sufficed.
        New York State Court Officer Trainee Exam 45-784

Comment

• Not related to the recruiting process, any fellow court officers find a good reliable place to get uniforms?

Comment

• USMCmech6216
            USMCmech6216 commented
            Editing a comment
            Economy in Long Island. They will ship to your location, and are very reliable. Depending where you live they is a place in the Bronx as well that’s a good spot, but remember you will need credentials in order to make a purchase.

• Joey1995
            Joey1995 commented
            Editing a comment
            meyers brooklyn/Staten island

• Can a recent academy graduate PM me I have a personal question I would like to ask.

Comment

• Hey everyone,

I have the physical exam coming up on 6/25. After passing, what’s the average timeline of going into the academy? I can’t wait to get the ball rolling on all of this!

Comment

• Joey1995
              Joey1995 commented
              Editing a comment
              Whats your JD and rank?

• Holcroft
              Holcroft commented
              Editing a comment
              It's anywhere between a few months and never.

• SP121
              SP121 commented
              Editing a comment
              NYC and 86xx

• Joey1995
              Joey1995 commented
              Editing a comment
              Could be a few months could be never depends on the needs of the courts 86xx is a little high for nyc if i was in your shoes i would consider changing to an upstate JD get through the academy and then try to transfer back to nyc.

• Finally weighing in here. Simply have to. Was privileged to attend the recent PAT in Brkln. Also attended previous on Beaver St. Many more seemed called to Brkln, so if you're invited/scheduled for the upcoming PAT, don't get there the same time you might otherwise get to Lower Manhattan...be earlier.

I met so many people who had gotten the call a few months prior to go in, but who, nevertheless, had NO idea what to expect or what would be required or how it would be graded. Ranks seemed to be present down to either side of 10k and many of these people, like others seen in previous PATs, did nothing to honor or prepare for what they had previously indicated was very important to them. Their approach was so casual, snotty and cavalier even. Remarkable. I remember one person asking a fellow test taker, and later the actual Instructor, how many seconds we'd have to get across the gym on the beep test, because otherwise how would we know? I could not believe my ears.

I relay these both as way of words to the wise who will listen, but also as a word of encouragement. Because people like the above are being weeded through to get to you, who really mean business. Yes, we wish everyone else would just stay home and not waste the unfathomable manhours going into the necessary weeding process, but hang in there everyone! It is pretty clear to me anyway that hope remains very alive for many!

Remembering those who gave all to liberate victims of hatred on D Day,

Thank you all for being willing to serve.

Comment

• I got a 76 and I live in Brooklyn. I chose the upstate zone to see if I have a better shot at getting the job.

Comment

• Hey guys, recieved the email for the physical agility test...however i want to defer for now and put my application on hold. Would this be a bad move? I dont want to go on hold and than never get the call again when i reopen. I know the academies are usually few and far between as is. However this test should remain active until sometime Summer 2020?

Comment

• Glock40
                  Glock40 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They are talking about a test in 2020 so this may be your only chance. Anything is possible though.

• Holcroft
                  Holcroft commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wouldnt be surprised if this was the last round of pat invitations for this test. I saw someplace they will have next class in NYC in November. Maybe they will put another class after that and that should be it for this test.

• Tactical1
                  Tactical1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Any solid chance I can make it into a academy? Rank in the 11,000s for NYC.

• Holcroft
                  Holcroft commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nothing is guaranteed , and most ppl who take pat dont make it to academy, but if u dont take it your chances are at 0.

• The list is most likely going to expire in September since the list was established in September 2015. I heard they extended the last list. Im hoping they either extend the list last time so I hope they extend it again for this one.

Comment

• Dman0724
                  Dman0724 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This list will stay active until they start offering conditional appointments from the new test. This normally does not happen till about a year after a test is given. So figure you have about a year from whatever date they schedule the next test for.

• I currently work for NYC Corrections does anyone know if my time carries over to NYS courts? I currently have 3 years on the job and leaving would be a no brainer but pension wise idk

Comment

• Reigns167
                  Reigns167 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes it does , time counts but seniority and pay back to the beginning

• Dman0724 idk where you got that information from because the email I received with my score states that the list was established on September 17 2015 and will expire in 4 yearsF79E68E9-880F-4E51-8EB6-EA10F1D20963.jpeg

Comment

• Reigns167
                  Reigns167 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your list will probably be good until fall 2020 at the earliest . They need to give new exam then grade it which takes 9 months about then certify list

• The hopeful
                  The hopeful commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You got any rules or anything that states that?

• Reigns167
                  Reigns167 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nope , they’re more than likely going to extend the list one year , is it a definite , no but imo it’s likely

• Is it accurate to say the exam should be announced sometime late this year (November 2019) or early next year (January 2020)?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8933 users online. 382 members and 8551 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X