Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well then based on that I wouldn't get called with a 75.. but then again to my point why would they even check with me for availability if they have no intention of needing me with that score.

Comment

• E.R. HERO
      E.R. HERO commented
      Editing a comment
      They're asking what judicial district you want to work in. Lower scores will possibly be reached for upstate. For instance someone with an 85 will get called to start the academy for an upstate location before someone with a 94 would get called for Long Island.. that is why most people advise those with a lower score to apply for an upstate position. Everyone who passed the 2014 exam received that letter. Out of the 40k passing grades.......less than 2% of those people will be offered a spot in the academy.

• Rosario29
      Rosario29 commented
      Editing a comment
      04-23-2019, 03:22 PM
      I got a 91, no prior leo experience and I don’t know anyone in the court system. I was in the first class off the 2014 test. Been on the job 2yr and off probation now. All I did is say yes every time and never differ. They are taking some people with scores in the 70s. It doesn’t matter where you apply but I would think you have better luck in the city since they take 200 recruits and upstate only takes 90

Here's some motivation.... that's a few pages back from a fellow CO.

• Hi all I'm in a bad situation I got an invite for the physical ability test on June 24. It has been so long that I figured I am not getting called for this job AND up until a couple weeks ago on the site it said they were still up to exam score 91 and above (now it has jumped to 88 and above) My score was 89.5 but since its going on 5 yrs of this list being open I totally wrote off the possibility of getting called before the list expired and I did not work on getting physically fit for this.
    Those who took the test recently, do I have ANY shot of actually getting in shape enough to pass the physical ability test in time??? I haven't prepared at all and its 8 weeks away.
    28 year old slightly overweight female here. Thanks.

Comment

• E.R. HERO
      E.R. HERO commented
      Editing a comment
      Dont ask questions like that. If you want to get on the job then do what you have to do. All you have to do is pass that quick test in 6 weeks then you'll have months to continue to prepare for the academy. Have some faith in yourself.......that's a big part of the job. You can do it. Stop reading this right now and do 5 to 10 push ups followed by 5 to 10 sit ups. Repeat that 3 times. Good, see you can do it. So do it. Best of luck to you and please have some faith in yourself and dont ask strangers if you can do something. AFTER YOU PASS THE PAT......IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU RUN ATLEAST 1X A WEEK UP TO 1.5 MILES and continue to train. A big dropout day is on the first PT
      Last edited by E.R. HERO; 05-03-2019, 07:38 PM.

• USMCmech6216
      USMCmech6216 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sit ups, push up, mountain climbers and run. That’s all you’ll need to do! You can do it, if you really want the job. Can’t shouldn’t be an option!

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      If you want it you'll be able to make it. Also where are you located? If you want a running partner I'll be willing to help you out

• DN67
      DN67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the support everyone. I have been working at it since before I posted and improving everyday. I'm gonna give it my all!

• DN67 You have six weeks. In six weeks if you trained properly you could be in excellent shape. Just put in the work. I am a personal trainer I can tell you it can be done just get to work now and I mean now.

Comment

• To clarify OT in Supreme Courts:

Even when DES ended and the contract dispute started (around 2010) you could still get some OT. Some commands have more than others depending on staffing, security posts, high profile cases etc. NY Supreme Civil has always had OT. Brooklyn supreme crim (320 Jay) had some good OT A couple years ago. Bronx supreme was redoing all the elevators and there was some good OT there as well. Queens Supreme Crim not a lot. But again it depends on command and Boro. Sign every day for any spot.

And YES.... you have to shave every day. The first time you don’t shave in the academy you will hear about it.
      Last edited by unblindeacon; 05-03-2019, 07:25 PM.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonR View Post
        well then based on that I wouldn't get called with a 75.. but then again to my point why would they even check with me for availability if they have no intention of needing me with that score.

​​Why the point? Lol it's practically an automated process... Numbers 8800 through 9000 inquiry form.. Check. Lol you're numbers until you're in the academy. Once its over with this list next test starts. Left over numbers are dumped.. Moving on

Comment

• This is an extremely long shot but is there anyone in here that has gone to COTA in AZ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueLineHopeful View Post
            This is an extremely long shot but is there anyone in here that has gone to COTA in AZ?
            Now I'm curious what is COTA

Comment

• LoL. Correctional Officers Training Academy, Tucson AZ. It’s a fun place if you like running, PT and heat.
              I was wondering if the Court Officers Academy is comparable to COTA.

Comment

• E.R. HERO
                E.R. HERO commented
                Editing a comment
                Sometimes when it's cold I wonder why I don't live in Arizona. It's such a nice way of life. All academy's sick. They are designed that way. No matter where you go or what agency you take the academy life sucks.

• Originally posted by BlueLineHopeful View Post
              LoL. Correctional Officers Training Academy, Tucson AZ. It’s a fun place if you like running, PT and heat.
              I was wondering if the Court Officers Academy is comparable to COTA.
              Well I nysco academy is a fun place if you like running PT at New York weather lol. I'm hearing court officer Academy is a boot camp, I don't know if that answers your question.

Comment

• Reigns167
                Reigns167 commented
                Editing a comment
                PT 3x a week plus running 2-3 days a week . Push-up position is a position you must get used to before going in

• Joey1995
                Joey1995 commented
                Editing a comment
                If you like standing at role call for 45 mins, being in the push up position because someone messed up running in 15 degree weather and doing up and holdem situps then you will love the nysco academy

• Hi i received the availability inquiry in april my list number is 36610 my score is a 73 i live in brooklyn ny and applied for the nyc district ..what are my chances of actually being called

Comment

• E.R. HERO
                E.R. HERO commented
                Editing a comment
                In all honesty you will not be called. Some people will say you might have a chance but the truth is you don't. However this is a great career choice so I suggest taking the exam again. There is no age limit so keep taking it. Next time just take your time and now that you know what to expect you'll do much better. In order to get called you'll need about a 91 or higher depending on how well other testers do. Best of luck to you.

• The hopeful
                The hopeful commented
                Editing a comment
                Dont listen to ER Hero if you received a inquiry and want the job do the process. Let them deny you or tell you better luck next time. No one knows except the people hiring who are not on here

• USMCmech6216
                USMCmech6216 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have to agree with ER and Hopeful. More then likely you won’t be called for the job in NYC with that score but it won’t hurt to do whatever they ask. You never know. But from my experience, I know a lot of recruits who are from the NYC area who transferred their score to the upper districts so they could get the job.

• BkGuy86, that email goes out to everyone who took the exam it doesn’t mean they will call you. They’re just checking to see who’s still available. I’m from BK as well I received that email twice already and my score is in the mid 80’s, to be honest with you I don’t expect to get call for phase 1 anytime soon if at all. So with a score in the 70s it will have to be a miracle. I hope I’m wrong, but that’s how it seems to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by BkGuy86 View Post
                Hi i received the availability inquiry in april my list number is 36610 my score is ya 73 i live in brooklyn ny and applied for the nyc district ..what are my chances of actually being called
                Nyc is unlikely to go down past 80. Even less likely to get to 76. I hope it turns out different but have other options

Comment

• You guys are automatically being negative for nothing. Do the process same as everyone else and stop trying to down people

Comment

• E.R. HERO
                    E.R. HERO commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No one is trying to be negative. I'm realistic. I'd rather someone be straight to the point. I hope everyone gets called but the exam is nearing the end of its shelf life with maybe only 18 months left active. The idea that someone with a list number over 36k being called is unlikely......not impossible yes, but unlikely. If I was trying to be negative I would've said yeah don't worry you're gonna get called tomorrow so don't bother studying or applying for the next exam. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                  You guys are automatically being negative for nothing. Do the process same as everyone else and stop trying to down people
                  They are trying to help them to pick upstate or not get hopes up it’s not being negative it’s the truth

Comment

• E.R. HERO
                    E.R. HERO commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Exactly! Thanks Travis64 No one has to listen to us. This is not the end all. It's a forum. We give our advice/opinion. I don't think sugarcoating is good. It actually hinders people to give them bad info.

• I am in the same boat waiting. I ranked 27XX. I just received word I was cleared by the evaluation board. Due to the new exam being administered sometime next year I myself am doubting getting a call due to such close deadlines as i still would have to complete the medical examination. Hoping for the best but we all just have to score as high as possible next time for a better chance.

Comment

• Reigns167
                    Reigns167 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You should get on with that rank if you clear the process.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9548 users online. 340 members and 9208 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X