X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smh that sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by Lenn82 View Post
      Hello good afternoon? I was wondering if there was overtime in this position? Thank you
      Overtime is command and Boro specific. It is NOT exclusive to lower court. There are supreme courts that have OT available as well as County Courts.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Reigns167
        Reigns167 commented
        Editing a comment
        It maybe available at some times but it won’t be much or anything substantial , an hour here or there tops unless you work weekend arraignments/ night court / small claims court.

I’ve really never heard of any overtime in surrogates court family court or civil court / supreme civ court besides of covering staggered shifts

• Originally posted by Travis64 View Post
      The most important question
      What’s the rule on facial hair?
      i seen a couple people ask it here but no one answered
      It always amazes me when I see a post asking about facial hair. And apparently this is a important one! Take it from a guy whose been on the job for a while and don’t worry about facial hair. When you get out of the academy you’ll be on probation for TWO years!!! You have to put in your time doing the job you wanted and was trained for! As a senior officer I don’t want to hear a newbie coming out of the academy asking about facial hair. The questions that should be asked are the ones that pertain to the job so you can do the job the best that you can!!! The do’s and don’ts questions!!! Yes it does depend on the command, but wait until you are off probation and see if getting your beard back is worth it!!! Guys who have facial hair have put in there time and have earned that luxury!
      I’m not trying to be difficult with this, but don’t worry about facial hair when it comes to the job.
      Best of luck to all with the process!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TDD57 View Post

It always amazes me when I see a post asking about facial hair. And apparently this is a important one! Take it from a guy whose been on the job for a while and don’t worry about facial hair. When you get out of the academy you’ll be on probation for TWO years!!! You have to put in your time doing the job you wanted and was trained for! As a senior officer I don’t want to hear a newbie coming out of the academy asking about facial hair. The questions that should be asked are the ones that pertain to the job so you can do the job the best that you can!!! The do’s and don’ts questions!!! Yes it does depend on the command, but wait until you are off probation and see if getting your beard back is worth it!!! Guys who have facial hair have put in there time and have earned that luxury!
        I’m not trying to be difficult with this, but don’t worry about facial hair when it comes to the job.
        Best of luck to all with the process!!!
        This was a perfect answer. I had rookies in my current department asking this with such seriousness.... U about to be paid up to 56,000+ for the academy alone with a state govt leo job where the academy is referred in some areas on the website as bootcamp amd after you are holding tight to this awesome job on PROBATION FOR 2 YEARS.... But... Do we have to shave tho? Lmao I caaan't deal lol

Comment

• I been a officer for the state for 7 years and shaving everyday,would just like to see if i can still grow anything lol,and if not that’s fine I’ll take the extra money from this job over having a beard.

Comment

• PO/NYSP.hernandez
            PO/NYSP.hernandez commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly! My only dream is to be earning about $60,000 a year as a law enforcement officer without necessary nights weekends holidays or overtime and before a promotion, last thing on my mind is do I have to shave.... I get razor bumps but who cares... Take my raggedy bump baby face *** to work proud eevery day

• hi all i am new here. i just received the email asking from availability and which district i was interested in. I am from Nassau so that is what i chose. I took the test back in 2014 and only scored a 75. Are my chances even good with that score since i am getting an availability questionnaire i would hope so. I forgot all about the test after all these years but now hoping i can get it. I am a young female, maybe they need some at the moment??? just hoping...

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonR View Post
            hi all i am new here. i just received the email asking from availability and which district i was interested in. I am from Nassau so that is what i chose. I took the test back in 2014 and only scored a 75. Are my chances even good with that score since i am getting an availability questionnaire i would hope so. I forgot all about the test after all these years but now hoping i can get it. I am a young female, maybe they need some at the moment??? just hoping...
            I would change that to upstate so you have a shot,if you can still change it

Comment

• that's not an option.. Married with child... i guess i will just have to wait it out

Comment

that's not an option.. Married with child... i guess i will just have to wait it out
                Yours will be a long wait. But still train your body so that you are ready if and when you are called

Comment

• Rodney413
                  Rodney413 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So there's still hope? I got a 79 on mine...

• Originally posted by Rodney413 View Post
                So there's still hope? I got a 79 on mine...
                Everybody, look, I don't want to crash dreams but I also don't want to create false hope. Here is from what I understand,. New York City JD9 JD10 is up to score 88 or 87 now, it is unlikely they will go beneath 85 even less likely they will go under 80, however, the official cut off, assuming everyone is failing 80 and above, is 75.

secondly, if you have a letter asking if you're still interested that is not a phase one letter. The inquiry letter happens sometimes years before you're called into an actual agility, that's if you are called at all. My inquiry letter came in 2016, my score is in the 90s and I was just called last month.

Upstate New York is done for now.

I always say keep training because you never know what ends up happening but this is where things appear to be.

Comment

• But wont my score expire by next year? why would they send availability questionnaire if they arent looking to hire?
                  wow PO/NYSP.hernandez 3 years to be called from availability letter jeezzz...

Comment

But wont my score expire by next year? why would they send availability questionnaire if they arent looking to hire?
                    wow PO/NYSP.hernandez 3 years to be called from availability letter jeezzz...
                    Yup... I knew a court officer who retired just last year apparently this test was supposed to expire already and it was extended. I do know that the courts work through process to see who is around and who to cut just in case so perhaps that is what they were doing. No one truly knows how much they will call because you never know how many court officers will leave or how many candidates will fail. But this was my experience. I know others who received the inquiry but was not called at all, and still others who received the inquiry and was called within a couple of months but they were upstate

Comment

• Is there a new exam for this position coming up soon?

Comment

• It’s almost a certainty the new test will be given this fall / December , expect the exam to be graded summer / fall 2020 and when that exam is graded , that is when the current list will be decertified

Comment

• So if i was to get called the next step would be a Phase 1 canvas letter? That is by regular mail or email? i know i am reaching as i will most likely be waiting a while since i picked nassau and suffolk. But they only give you one option i wouldve picked NYC maybe they would come back and ask if they have openings there vs my pick.

Comment

• Reigns167
                            Reigns167 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            From what I’ve seen over the last decade you need at least a 90-92 or better to be slotted for nassau or suffolk (keep in mind for years you couldn’t even get nassau coming out of the academy)

The city , at the end of the list your still looking at a minimum of scores 85 + , maybe lower maybe higher depending on need / how far down the list they need to go / if the test is extended a year , etc

Upstate I’m not entirely sure about but i know in the 70s you can get reached.

Hope this helps

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6727 users online. 335 members and 6392 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X