300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amc2191 View Post
    Thanks for all the info brother. I just ask because my list number is like 1,900 and I kept putting it off. Got the canvassing email again last week and still waiting for a physical email.
    It takes a while to get a phase 1 letter after the canvassing inquiry letter

Comment

• I doubt they will run another upstate academy this year but it’s all based on demand and how many they think will retire. The original test I believe is only good for 5 years so I would think there will be a new test in 2020 and whoever didn’t make it will have to take it again. They could also extend the current test another year.

Comment

• I got letter I passed background evaluation and was cleared by the evaluation board. Waiting on medical now. Should that call be coming a month before the next scheduled academy I am assuming? Thanks

Comment

• Rat95
          Rat95 commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct, you could expect that call roughly a month before the scheduled academy if you are reached for it, due to the fact that the drug testing is only good for 30 days in their book, and they’d have to test you again after that time which is a waste of time and resources. Good luck !!

• [QUOTE=PO/NYSP.hernandez;n6770437]

It takes a while to get a phase 1 letter after the canvassing inquiry letter[/QUOTE

That sucks

Comment

• What is the timeframe after the PT test to get to the next phase, then to the academy?

Comment

• ATravis527
            ATravis527 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s all left pretty vague since it’s dependent on other things. I was told
            The whole process may about 6-9 months from phase one. I was actually one of the last PAT sessions called so the whole process was streamlined for me at around 3 months since they were trying to cram us into the current class.

• Thank you!

Comment

• Hey. New to forum. Got the conditional appt for May to take the agility etc. For women how many push ups do you have to do to pass that part of the test? I know you have to do a certain amount in a certain time. Does anyone know the amount ? Also I know they pay good but I can’t seem to find online what the start pay is. Does anyone know that as well?

Comment

• Desbella
              Desbella commented
              Editing a comment
              I mean how many PUSH UPS* for women passes that part of the test.

• Dman0724
              Dman0724 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you go to the court officer recruitment website you can look up the point table they use for the P.A.T . It tells you what you get tested on and how well you have to do. Starting pay is about $50,000 plus location pay depending on what district you work in.

• Comment

• Gender has no effect on the amount of points you achieve. Just do your best, dont give up and you'll be fine. Best of luck to all taking the PAT in the coming weeks.

Comment

• Starting salary as of 4-1-19 $50112 plus location pay (if applicable) and uniform allowance and SLED (hazard pay). For example officer in nyc base salary $50112 + $4200 (location) + $1440 (uniform paid in 2 installments one in December and one in June. Uniform pay increases to $1460 next year)+ 500 SLED pay (Paid May 1 and next year increases to $750).
                Total compensation in this example $56252. Keep in mind however that your in your first year you might only get one uniform check. Also you need to be qualified to carry your firearm to be eligible for SLED pay.

Base salary as of 4-1-20 is $51113.
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Good afternoon everyone. I was wondering if anyone here has transferred from prior state service to the Court Officer position.

Comment

• The most important question
                    What’s the rule on facial hair?
                    i seen a couple people ask it here but no one answered

Comment

• Originally posted by Travis64 View Post
                      The most important question
                      What’s the rule on facial hair?
                      i seen a couple people ask it here but no one answered
                      Many people answered, New York State Court officers, you need to have a baby's bottom on your face during the academy. No facial hair.

Comment

• Originally posted by PO/NYSP.hernandez View Post

Many people answered, New York State Court officers, you need to have a baby's bottom on your face during the academy. No facial hair.
                        I know that, i”m asking about after the academy

Comment

• Dman0724
                          Dman0724 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's all command specific. Some don't care if you have facial hair and some do.

• Hello good afternoon? I was wondering if there was overtime in this position? Thank you

Comment

• Reigns167
                          Reigns167 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Literally zero unless you’re in lower criminal court

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6925 users online. 245 members and 6680 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X