X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LampshadeNYC
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mtn29
    hey all...got my canvas letter for suffolk too. I was surprised, as I only put down suffolk as a choice...sent it in today...

whats the turnaround time, usually between the canvas letter and call for pre med eval? its been asked already, im sure, just dont have the time to comb through over 32 pages of conversation!

score: 91.7
    My original canvass letter was dated Oct 15th, and my pre-medical evaluation will be tomorrow Dec 15th. So you're looking at around 2 months
    I hope to meet some of you tomorrow.
    Last edited by LampshadeNYC; 12-14-2010, 02:52 PM. Reason: Hospitality
    NYS Court Officer Test 45-758
    Rank# Under 2000
    Canvassed: NYC
    Pre-Medical: Passed
    Full Medical: Passed (pending lab analysis)
    Agility: Scheduled

Comment

• mfriguy
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2010

Ok so I got home from my first med appointment and I think they are rushing the process because contrary to posts from people who took it last week I went thru the height weight and vision part and then they had me stay there and do everything for the second med part, blood, urine, xray, lung capacity test, and doctor evaluation. They then told me to expect a notice for the agility which will possably be in January (pending the blood and urine sample). This seems like a good sign that hopefuly this process will move faster tan most civil servant processes!

as for the vision I wear contacts and I failed the first time but because I was close I was able to give it another shot by letting my eyes adjust for a while longer without contacts and take the test over.

Alot less people then I expected to see for appointments, there was only 4 of us at the office when I was there and one guy got DQ for weight I believe but he was not fat just had a belly.

Good luck to everyone and please keep us posted if any agility notices are received as will I also.

Comment

• LampshadeNYC
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mfriguy
        I think they are rushing the process because contrary to posts from people who took it last week I went thru the height weight and vision part and then they had me stay there and do everything for the second med part, blood, urine, xray, lung capacity test, and doctor evaluation.
        Wow I wasn't expecting that at all. This was for the Pre-medical? Sounds like we have some celebrating to do!
        Rank# Under 2000

Comment

• TP3
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2010

as for the vision I wear contacts and I failed the first time but because I was close I was able to give it another shot by letting my eyes adjust for a while longer without contacts and take the test over.
          what was the test used to test your color vision, that maybe the only thing that might DQ me if i get called

Comment

• mfriguy
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by TP3
            what was the test used to test your color vision, that maybe the only thing that might DQ me if i get called
            The color test consisted of the lady holding up pictures of numbers that were kinda made out of circles and the backgroud of the pic was a dif color than the number...not sure if that was clear enough description for you. she was seated about 5 feet from me and flipped thru about 10 numbers and asked me what number I saw on each page. It is a colorblindness test.

Comment

• mfriguy
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by LampshadeNYC
              Wow I wasn't expecting that at all. This was for the Pre-medical? Sounds like we have some celebrating to do!
              Yeah I was surprised, but dont wana get my hopes up too much because u know how things can change with these things, but judging but what I went thru today and the link to the article that was posted on this forum a page or so back that talked about a large number of retirees we mite have something to look forward to! I am just curious as to how many new hires are going to the acadamy from the 2005 class that has been waiting.

Comment

• Monkeyboy49
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Mtn29
                hey all...got my canvas letter for suffolk too. I was surprised, as I only put down suffolk as a choice...sent it in today...

whats the turnaround time, usually between the canvas letter and call for pre med eval? its been asked already, im sure, just dont have the time to comb through over 32 pages of conversation!

score: 91.7
                Hey Mtn29, see if you can tell the people from Suffolk if they can send me a canvass letter too ... I'm a little upset , if I would have gotten 1 or 2 less wrong I would be getting canvassed right now ... anyway, good luck and let us know how it goes with Suffolk ... I live in the Babylon area ...

score : 88.3
                Last edited by Monkeyboy49; 12-14-2010, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• dbacksrock02
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Glock40
                  I got an 86.7 with a ranking of 5,000 something. What about you.
                  I scored a 94.3 and rank 9XX. I am hoping Ill get canvassed during the intial round once the 8th opens up.

Comment

• Monkeyboy49
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2010

Ok so I got home from my first med appointment and I think they are rushing the process because contrary to posts from people who took it last week I went thru the height weight and vision part and then they had me stay there and do everything for the second med part, blood, urine, xray, lung capacity test, and doctor evaluation. They then told me to expect a notice for the agility which will possably be in January (pending the blood and urine sample). This seems like a good sign that hopefuly this process will move faster tan most civil servant processes!

Alot less people then I expected to see for appointments, there was only 4 of us at the office when I was there and one guy got DQ for weight I believe but he was not fat just had a belly.

Good luck to everyone and please keep us posted if any agility notices are received as will I also.
                    Hey Mfriguy, did you wind up passing the vision test ? And would you recommend me getting the lasik if my eyesight is 20/300 ? Good luck with the process !

Comment

• Blackangel5288
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Retriever
                      Blood Test
                      Hematology
                      Eligible candidates must be free of blood system impairments that will interfere with performance of the required job duties. Hematological impairments will be evaluated on an individual basis.

Sorry to be so vague with my question. I meant if anyone knew the specifics I already read the website and it wasn't too clear

Comment

• CivilServant14
                        Forum Member
                        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Blackangel5288
                        Sorry to be so vague with my question. I meant if anyone knew the specifics I already read the website and it wasn't too clear
                        A guess would be looking for liver or kidney diseases, diabetes, or any abnormality with the CBC (Complete Blood Count). I am assuming it's a CBC they perform. This is what my doctor gives during a routine physical. I can't see what else they would be looking for???

Comment

• C21
                          Forum Member
                          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Monkeyboy49
                          Hey Mtn29, see if you can tell the people from Suffolk if they can send me a canvass letter too ... I'm a little upset , if I would have gotten 1 or 2 less wrong I would be getting canvassed right now ... anyway, good luck and let us know how it goes with Suffolk ... I live in the Babylon area ...

score : 88.3
                          wow i scored 88.3 myself but i'm #50XX. I was almost giving up hope with my list number but now it looks like I may have a chance in 3-4 years. Can someone explain how the canvas for other areas will be done. Will they continue to offer areas to those that rejected say NYC or the 9th or will they just go down the list. I guess my question is with 5000+ ahead of me i would need 80-85 % to get DQ in order for me to even dream about this job. Am i correct? Sorry one more Q for the vets, what is the biggest DQ IN YOUR OPINION.

Comment

• mfriguy
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Monkeyboy49
                            Hey Mfriguy, did you wind up passing the vision test ? And would you recommend me getting the lasik if my eyesight is 20/300 ? Good luck with the process !
                            Yes I did pass on the second try. My advice to u is get a consultation for the lasik n bring it with you. I don't know if they will let u come back after you get the surgery. Its really for u to decide if the money it cost to get lasik done is worth a chance at the job because u are not garunteed a job just by passing the med so if u can afford it then go for it. Only other thing I can tell u is squint until u get a headache, guess if ur not sure and take ur time and oh yeah squint hard! This is what I did and I barely passed. I don't know if ur vision is worse then mine or if u will get a second chance like I did but good luck

Comment

• britta
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2010

Yes I did pass on the second try. My advice to u is get a consultation for the lasik n bring it with you. I don't know if they will let u come back after you get the surgery. Its really for u to decide if the money it cost to get lasik done is worth a chance at the job because u are not garunteed a job just by passing the med so if u can afford it then go for it. Only other thing I can tell u is squint until u get a headache, guess if ur not sure and take ur time and oh yeah squint hard! This is what I did and I barely passed. I don't know if ur vision is worse then mine or if u will get a second chance like I did but good luck
                              Oh man, that's kind of exciting. I have my appointment tomorrow morning. I'm working a temp job out of state at the moment so to be able to get both screenings done at once would be so nice.

I'm still nervous about the vision test though since my eyes are so bad when I'm not wearing contacts or glasses. I had an appointment for a Lasik consult yesterday but had to cancel due to weather (in NH). I hope that not having that paperwork with me won't hurt my chances. My consult was rescheduled for next Tuesday :/

Comment

• LampshadeNYC
                                Forum Member
                                • Nov 2010

I overheard today I'm not sure if it is true, but unaided eyesight is o-k under 20/50. I don't wear glasses so I don't know if they test with them or not.
                                Only premedical exams today, as the full medicals are completed in a completely different building.
                                There were 96 candidates today for premed, and the average is over 100 per day.
                                My full medical is almost a month away. time to change the sig.
                                Rank# Under 2000

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12161 users online. 74 members and 12087 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...