Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I know this is probably a no but...
    if you live close to academy could you save the state money by sleeping in your own bed?

    Comment


    • Holcroft
      Holcroft commented
      Editing a comment
      yes there was a cut off how close you have to be.

  • Sup everyone? I got the email a few weeks ago to attend the phase 1 screening on June 27th at the Brooklyn academy. I scored an 88 on the exam.
    Btw. Great forum. Good info.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LukeSW View Post
      Is there a voice during the Beep test doing a countdown (10, 9, 8, 7, 6, etc.) or is there just random beeping noises?

      Also, when you're on the opposite side, is that a period of rest? Or is the timer still going off and you have to consistently run-back and forth?
      Get to the track... Use the right distance and do the test yourself. This exercise is popular with athletes and some mma fighters. It increases stamina and endurance therefore it is easy to find. There are at least two apps on the Google Play and on Apple you can download and mimic the Beep Test..... DO IT 3 4 times a week until the week of. ..

      Comment


      • LukeSW
        LukeSW commented
        Editing a comment
        perfect, thank you

    • Originally posted by Travis64 View Post
      I know this is probably a no but...
      if you live close to academy could you save the state money by sleeping in your own bed?
      Wait, where are you trying to ask if you have to sleep over the hotel with the academy or can you go home every night?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by PO/NYSP.hernandez View Post

        Wait, where are you trying to ask if you have to sleep over the hotel with the academy or can you go home every night?
        I wanted to know if i can sleep at my house instead of motel.i am about 10 miles from academy.

        Comment


        • Loading...
          Loading... commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes you can, they will go over all that with you and you can opt out of the hotel. Unless you want some time away lol

      • On the website it shows for NYC 88 and up got a conditional appointment. I also scored a 77.5 and was told that the cut off is 75 for NYC by a friend who have been a court officer for 10 years. So maybe there is hope for us 77.5 people.

        Comment


        • THE FOLLOWING CANDIDATES HAVE BEEN OFFERED CONDITIONAL APPOINTMENTS AND ARE BEGINNING THE SCREENING PROCESS:

          NYC ALL BOROUGHS:
          Rank #’s 3 - 9179 (Score 88 and above)

          Comment


          • They got so close to my score, damn. Lol. I guess I’ll have to wait another 2 more years for that phase 1 conditional appointment.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by trika703 View Post
              THE FOLLOWING CANDIDATES HAVE BEEN OFFERED CONDITIONAL APPOINTMENTS AND ARE BEGINNING THE SCREENING PROCESS:

              NYC ALL BOROUGHS:
              Rank #’s 3 - 9179 (Score 88 and above)
              What about upstate?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by papdrecruit17 View Post
                They got so close to my score, damn. Lol. I guess I’ll have to wait another 2 more years for that phase 1 conditional appointment.
                Are you for Upstate or New York City?

                Comment


                • Good luck everyone who is and will be taking the PT test!

                  Comment


                  • PO/NYSP.hernandez For NYC

                    Comment


                    • Amc2191
                      Amc2191 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They are sending emails out for physicals? And if so have they started?
                      Last edited by Amc2191; 04-25-2019, 02:53 PM.

                  • Originally posted by Amc2191 View Post
                    They are sending emails out for physicals? And if so have they started?
                    Yes. They are sending out emails for New York City I received mine a week ago. It seems that agility Test are scheduled between May and July.

                    Comment


                    • Amc2191
                      Amc2191 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The email you received was for canvassing or the physical? Sorry I’m just trying to figure out what’s going on lol

                  • Originally posted by Amc2191 View Post
                    The email you received was for canvassing or the physical? Sorry I’m just trying to figure out what’s going on lol
                    The canvas email you are referring to is the email that asks if you are still interested in the position. If you say yes and confirm when they get to your number officially they send you another email telling you to go to the physical ability test and what it entails. That second email is the official first part of the hiring process, Phase 1. I have received my phase one email and I am headed to the Physical Agility Test. Most of us have received that email last week or so. This is for New York City districts. Upstate districts have been called a long time ago.

                    Comment


                    • Amc2191
                      Amc2191 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for all the info brother. I just ask because my list number is like 1,900 and I kept putting it off. Got the canvassing email again last week and still waiting for a physical email.

                  • Originally posted by PO/NYSP.hernandez View Post

                    The canvas email you are referring to is the email that asks if you are still interested in the position. If you say yes and confirm when they get to your number officially they send you another email telling you to go to the physical ability test and what it entails. That second email is the official first part of the hiring process, Phase 1. I have received my phase one email and I am headed to the Physical Agility Test. Most of us have received that email last week or so. This is for New York City districts. Upstate districts have been called a long time ago.
                    do you think they will run another upstate academy this year?

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 11713 users online. 478 members and 11235 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X