300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amc2191 View Post
    PD has become a very tough profession to navigate. Especially the way administration abuses cops. Think it might be a welcome switch
    Yeah, that is my thinking actually. It's kind of tough doing your law enforcement job when the admin does not work with us or take care of us.

Comment

• This might be a dumb question but has anybody seen someone in their 30s in a trainee class?

Comment

• Rat95
        Rat95 commented
        Editing a comment
        There are people in their 50s in my class lol

• Holcroft
        Holcroft commented
        Editing a comment
        had plenty of ppl in 40s a cpl 50s and sadly least fit individuals early 20s

• Originally posted by Jbell1115 View Post
      This might be a dumb question but has anybody seen someone in their 30s in a trainee class?
      One of the greatest UFC fighters active today Anderson Sylva is 38 years old, Dwayne Johnson is almost 50. We have careered military men age 50 doing more than academy requires.... Trust me Jbell1115 at 30 some your body is more than capable of passing the academy.... Its not about your age it's about your HEALTH, stamina, shape... So build your body now as tho you're joining a law enforcement agency. Run every day, train in the gym, do pushups, sit ups, mountain climbers more and more each week so you are ready go to blink not as a civilian anymore but as an LEO
      Last edited by PO/NYSP.hernandez; 04-22-2019, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• Did anyone, who received the interest email this month, get a follow up for phase 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodney413 View Post
          Did anyone, who received the interest email this month, get a follow up for phase 1?
          No should hear somthing after may 1st because that is the last day to reply,at least it was for me.

i only scored a 77.5 and want to work within 50 miles of albany
          should i get my hopes up? Or no shot?

Comment

• Rodney413
            Rodney413 commented
            Editing a comment
            Honesty, I don't know.

• Originally posted by Travis64 View Post

No should hear somthing after may 1st because that is the last day to reply,at least it was for me.

i only scored a 77.5 and want to work within 50 miles of albany
          should i get my hopes up? Or no shot?
          With a 77.5 you are definitely more likely to get something upstate than nyc.... From my understanding they're calling for nyc and upstate was already called, maybe they're circling back to the upstate regions again. Did you choose upstate or nyc?

Comment

• Rodney413
            Rodney413 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got a 79. What do you think my chances are for Nassau/Suffolk?

• Originally posted by PO/NYSP.hernandez View Post

With a 77.5 you are definitely more likely to get something upstate than nyc.... From my understanding they're calling for nyc and upstate was already called, maybe they're circling back to the upstate regions again. Did you choose upstate or nyc?
          Yes i picked upstate
          i seen last time they got to 80 for upstate

if you are picked for upstate do you go to the academy upstate?

and how is the food in the academy?

can anyone compare the academy to the nys co academy?

thank you

Comment

• Hey guys,

I got an email on Thursday for the availability inquiry. I got a 77.5, list number 29,9xx. I picked NYC because I live in Staten Island, it had the closest areas for me.

I was reading through this thread a little bit to try and get a little more information. Does this mean I will eventually be called, because they got this far down on the list? Or I'm seeing NYC might be the popular choice and they may still not get to me, they just sent an email out to people who got above a 70 on the test

Comment

• E.R. HERO
              E.R. HERO commented
              Editing a comment
              Anything is possible however if you really want this job then I'd suggest changing you're preference to upstate. Do that for a year and transfer back to NYC as soon as you can. It's faster than taking another exam and waiting another 5 years to get called .....of you score in the 90s. Honestly less than an 80 is not going to get you called for NYC without a miracle. Suck it up and start upstate. Best of luck.

• Originally posted by Travis64 View Post

Yes i picked upstate
            i seen last time they got to 80 for upstate

if you are picked for upstate do you go to the academy upstate?

and how is the food in the academy?

can anyone compare the academy to the nys co academy?

thank you
            Lol I can't answer the food question but I can tell you that the upstate Academy is for upstate. Upstate Academy is for Upstate, the new Brooklyn Academy that started last year is for New York City and perhaps are they nearby jurisdictions. From my understanding the Brooklyn facility is bigger. Maybe others currently in the academy can't give more details of the experiences.

Comment

Loading... commented
              Editing a comment
              You must provide all your own food. They put you up in a hotel Mon-Fri only.

• I think 77.5 is pretty low for NYC as well, I have a score in the Mid 80s I’m long shot to get an invite to the academy. I got the availability email for the 2nd time this month, I got the first one 2 years ago. The best chance to get call in NYC you gotta have a score in 90 or higher. But good luck to everyone trying to get an invite to he next academy whenever that is.

Comment

• RANDO1
              RANDO1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Would you happen to know information on knowing how to change locations, I got the invitation email last week , and I made the mistake of picking nyc with 83.5% score, n by reading the comments it’s not looking too good

• Im in the brooklyn academy currently, i have no idea what goes on upstate however food is not provided at all for us you either bring your own food or go get your own. Everyone in my class is mostly NYC JD’s as well as Long Island and 9th JD. As for the age question there are people in this class that are 40-50 years old with no prior leo experience. Its just a matter of staying in shape and some of these individuals score better than me on assessments.

Comment

• Originally posted by papdrecruit17 View Post
              I think 77.5 is pretty low for NYC as well, I have a score in the Mid 80s I’m long shot to get an invite to the academy. I got the availability email for the 2nd time this month, I got the first one 2 years ago. The best chance to get call in NYC you gotta have a score in 90 or higher. But good luck to everyone trying to get an invite to he next academy whenever that is.
              I didn't want to say anything discouraging, but this is what I was thinking. I definitely have a 94 and they just now called me in to New York City. It is highly doubtful that anybody under 84 will be getting a call at all. Especially 77. But who knows,. The first time I got the availability letter was definitely in 2016 oh, so getting the availability letter doesn't exactly mean that we are being called the next day
              Last edited by PO/NYSP.hernandez; 04-23-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• I got a 91, no prior leo experience and I don’t know anyone in the court system. I was in the first class off the 2014 test. Been on the job 2yr and off probation now. All I did is say yes every time and never differ. They are taking some people with scores in the 70s. It doesn’t matter where you apply but I would think you have better luck in the city since they take 200 recruits and upstate only takes 90.

Comment

• Amc2191
                  Amc2191 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How are you liking the job??

Loading... commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love the job, couldn’t be happier

• Is there a voice during the Beep test doing a countdown (10, 9, 8, 7, 6, etc.) or is there just random beeping noises?

Also, when you're on the opposite side, is that a period of rest? Or is the timer still going off and you have to consistently run-back and forth?

Comment

• E.R. HERO
                  E.R. HERO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's literally just beeps. You can see an example on YouTube. Search NYS Courts beep test. The only thing the voice tells you is what level you're on. Keep up with other testers. You will also have academy instructors telling you to hustle if you're behind. The amount of rest on each side becomes less and less as you go on. If you take too long to get from one side to the other you wont rest at all. Best of luck to you.

• Holcroft
                  Holcroft commented
                  Editing a comment
                  would highly recommend doing practice beep test unless you are in great shape( especially if you are a bit older)

• LukeSW
                  LukeSW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  alright thanks for the info

• Does anyone know how many shots are needed to pass the pistol qualification? what the full course is like?

Comment

• E.R. HERO
                  E.R. HERO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The actual course of fire is on a need to know basis. Even during training you are not told the course of fire or the times you are expected to get those shots out until the actual day. Just keep in mind that you will be trained by some of the best instructors in law enforcement and will have plenty of instruction before qualifications day. Keep in mind it's not just about hitting the targets. You will also have to be able to overcome any problems that arise and you must always excersize proper firearm safety.
                  Last edited by E.R. HERO; 04-23-2019, 08:54 PM.

• Rat95
                  Rat95 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just experiencing the range, I don’t think you’ll have an issue. He’s right, the instructors do not set you up to fail and do everything they can for you other than pulling the trigger themselves. I also agree, the toughest part is handling the issues you might encounter during your relay. But I’m sure you’ll be fine.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11824 users online. 418 members and 11406 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X