Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the inquiry too but doesn't mean will get a chance , I scored an 83 no way am I gonna be hired in say NYC, maybe upstate.

Comment

• What's up fellas. New to this part of the forum. Not to officer.com

I received email to report June 24th for Agility, etc. in Brooklyn...List number in the 10,000s...surely didn't expect to be called for this position...I have prior law enforcement experience(only 8 months). Anyone have any insight on the job? Everyone swears the job is sweet but easy to say that from the outside looking in and from old timers who have 25+ years in...

Comment

• Hey guys I received an email asking if I was still interested in the position i scored 86.5 and I’m ranked 12,xxx so I chose districts 3-8 for a better opportunity to be called cause it seems the other locations will not reach my rank. What are my chances of actually getting a call to start the process? Also for those of you who can give some insight; I live in the city but I want this opportunity really bad. What kind of adjustments am I going to have to make? I’m a family man and have children. Thank you.

Comment

• RANDO1
          RANDO1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same , rank 18,xxx
          Last edited by RANDO1; 04-18-2019, 01:17 AM.

Loading... commented
          Editing a comment
          So now there are 2 academies for court officers, one city and one upstate. The upstate one puts through about 90 recruits now and about 200 in the city. I don’t know what their plans are but I could see them running the city in the spring and fall but the upstate academy only once in between them.

• Dman0724
          Dman0724 commented
          Editing a comment
          You have a good chance to get called for upstate. The academy you will be sent to will most likely be the one in Albany. You will have to go away for about 4 months and commute back and forth from the academy to home every weekend. Just know that by choosing 3 thru 8 they can send you anywhere. A lot of people in my academy ended up being put to work in places 6 hours away from there homes and had to relocate.

• Originally posted by Dimo427 View Post
        Got the inquiry too but doesn't mean will get a chance , I scored an 83 no way am I gonna be hired in say NYC, maybe upstate.
        U chose where u wanted to b considered for, they called upstate quite a while ago, from my. Understanding they don't volunteer u for an open position. If u chose nyc thats it.

Comment

• Hey guys I scored a 94 on this test and kept putting it off since I was processing for NYPD. Been with PD for about 4 years right now and thinking about making the switch. Any of you guys think it’s worth it?

Comment

• E.R. HERO
            E.R. HERO commented
            Editing a comment
            If you can deal with another academy I'd say it's worth it. Hopefully you stayed in shape on PD in those years because the courts PT is nothing to sleep on. Both jobs have there Pros and Cons. For me I just dont wanna have to live the recruit life ever again. Good luck either way.

• Originally posted by Rosario29 View Post
          Same here; second time around I responded.
          How long did it take for the second time to come around

Comment

• Rosario29
            Rosario29 commented
            Editing a comment
            1 year....first time was in Feb 2017.

• Originally posted by Iloveviews View Post
          Hey guys I received an email asking if I was still interested in the position i scored 86.5 and I’m ranked 12,xxx so I chose districts 3-8 for a better opportunity to be called cause it seems the other locations will not reach my rank. What are my chances of actually getting a call to start the process? Also for those of you who can give some insight; I live in the city but I want this opportunity really bad. What kind of adjustments am I going to have to make? I’m a family man and have children. Thank you.
          I have the same exact question but i only scored a 77.5 and want to work near albany...any shot at this?

when did we take this test 2014?

Comment

• Originally posted by E.R. HERO View Post
            If you can deal with another academy I'd say it's worth it. Hopefully you stayed in shape on PD in those years because the courts PT is nothing to sleep on. Both jobs have there Pros and Cons. For me I just dont wanna have to live the recruit life ever again. Good luck either way.
            well damn, to make a statement like that you have to elaborate. What are the pros and cons for court officer? I think everyone has heard the cons of PD if they're into law enforcement, I don't think the downside of court officer has been so public. What r some ?

Comment

• Amc2191
              Amc2191 commented
              Editing a comment
              PD has become a very tough profession to navigate. Especially the way administration abuses cops. Think it might be a welcome switch

• Well, the main downside is unless you joined the retirement system before April 1, 2012 you’re in Tier 6. Which means you have to work til you’re 63 if you want to retire without a severe penalty
            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• You can thank Andrew Cuomo for that
              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                Well, the main downside is unless you joined the retirement system before April 1, 2012 you’re in Tier 6. Which means you have to work til you’re 63 if you want to retire without a severe penalty
                Of all the things wrong with nypd if sticking around til I'm 63 is all I'm not to sure that's not worth it. Quality of life of a court officer is so much smoother from my research suggests. Holidays, most weekends nights off, excellent pay, low risk.. .If u want some action try out for the special units..... I don't see the problems lol

Comment

Loading... commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Another major difference is court officers are Peace officers not Police if that type of thing matters to you.

• Originally posted by Loading... View Post
                So now there are 2 academies for court officers, one city and one upstate. The upstate one puts through about 90 recruits now and about 200 in the city. I don’t know what their plans are but I could see them running the city in the spring and fall but the upstate academy only once in between them.
                Surely you mean next fall 2020...do you think its actually possible for them to be done with the process for all of us by this october coming 2019?? That's about 4 months flat!

Comment

• How do they decide which academy they put you in?by albany or brooklyn?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rat95 View Post
                    How was the new recruits first day upstate? I’d be lying if I said we weren’t joking around down here and thinking about what’s going through all your heads...I know what some of you are thinking: “what just happened, what have I done.” Lmao

You worked hard to get there, don’t quit now, it’s rough but if I can help anyone coming on here for solace, we are all in this together, and you guys will make it just fine. Coming from a fellow recruit in the current Brooklyn academy class.
                    youll fall into the rhythm of it. Good luck guys
                    I'm hearing the academy is almost military style is this relatively accurate? To bare 4 months of yelling and fitness and pushing your body limits to have a career of a relatively good quality of life, it's worth it. We need to buck up. And those taking these slots should have a law enforcement/first responder/paramilitary mind ready for this

Comment

• Originally posted by Loading... View Post
                      Another major difference is court officers are Peace officers not Police if that type of thing matters to you.
                      It's important to understand truly what that means. Deputy sheriff are sheriffs, court officers are court officers, police officers are police officers, correction officers are correction officers.... They all have power limits and power stretches but they r all MOS. It's obvious if age 63 and the title name is the only cons, I'm a little hyped for the court officer life lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7415 users online. 262 members and 7153 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X