Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone from upstate that took the medical last week get called for the Academy yet?? Just wondering, I took it and and am hoping to get called..

Comment

• larry_singer
      larry_singer commented
      Editing a comment
      Took me 5 weeks between the medical and "the call" im in the academy right now in Brooklyn. Good luck to you.

• nynative4509
      nynative4509 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck, hope everything is going well so far, any advice for recruits getting ready to enter the next upcoming academy?

• larry_singer
      larry_singer commented
      Editing a comment
      This process will test you mentally and physically like nothing else has. You will question if you made the right decision, and whether or not you want to continue. You can not give up. Make sure you come prepared physically, you should be doing push ups situps and mountain climbers. I wish you all Good Luck

• Got the call and email for April. Hang tight everybody.

Comment

• USMCmech6216
      USMCmech6216 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the call on Friday as well. I look forward to meeting all the new recruits going to the upcoming upstate class. We worked hard to get here and congratulations on starting your new journey!

• Congrats “Onemoreround”.. that’s great. I took the medical on 3/13. Hoping to get called. Just curious, what was your test score if you don’t mind me asking? Thx

Comment

• OneMoreRound
      OneMoreRound commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m under 1,000 so probably not very helpful to those of you wondering if they will reach your list number.

• How many candidates currently attending the upcoming academy have prior state time? Who is currently a NY state worker? And if any current officers here were state employees prior to enter the academy are the any tips or advice?

Comment

• Brute34690
      Brute34690 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and prior state time will make no difference for you in the academy. Your pay may be higher than others and vacation/ sick time converted for 7hr work day. I myself had 10yrs as a co before coming to the courts and been here a few years now. They will not treat you any better or worse than others without prior time. If your prior state time was with the courts in another position your seniority will transfer, if not you will lose all accumulated seniority and start fresh. Just as with anyone else ears open mouth shut and do as your told, give everything your best. The retirement is 30yrs and be age 55 for tier 3&4 tier 5&6 have to work to age 63 regardless of time.

• To everyone going to the upstate academy:
    Im currently in the academy class in brooklyn. You guys will be doing a lot of push ups situps and mountain climbers. Expect to run in freezing cold temps. Make sure you have all of your required equipment for day one. NO FACIAL HAIR. You guys will get yelled at alot on day one just deal with it. Also make sure you have a good amount of dress shirts and suits because you will be in business attire every day. The mental stress is rough on your mind but dont quit! Start drinking water every day and eating healthier. Good luck

Comment

• nynative4509
      nynative4509 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for all the info, much appreciated. Sent you a DM if you can take a look when you get a chance, thanks again.

• ATravis527
      ATravis527 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t ruin all the fun for them Joey haha

• @Brute34690,

Thanks for the info, you answered what I wanted to know. I have 13 years of state time, I was curious. You mentioned pay, how would I find out if my pay would transfer with me? Also I am currently a CSEA member as well.

Comment

• E.R. HERO
      E.R. HERO commented
      Editing a comment
      The pay won't transfer but you're going in strong with 13 years time. What are you tier 3?

• Brute34690
      Brute34690 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bring a pay check from your previous state job with you to the academy, each persons situation is different but they try to match base pay( no differentials, pre shift, expanded duty pay, hazard duty pay) but they will not give you more than the max of line JD-16 which is for the term of probation/2yrs. This is only for state jobs not people coming from county or other government jobs only state.

• On the Court Officer web site, it says they'll will be holding 2 different phase 1 screening processes in may for downstate preference. Does any know what ranking number they're up?.

Comment

• E.R. HERO
      E.R. HERO commented
      Editing a comment
      Stop focusing on list numbers ladies and gentlemen. That number means **** at this point in the game. As of right now focus on getting in shape, staying out of trouble and maintaining good standing at your current employment / school. If you were called you are closer than most will ever get. You've waited this long......you'll get there. Relax and go day by day. Good luck. .........if I'd have to guess they are around 6500/7000 list number but that's a guess
      Last edited by E.R. HERO; 03-28-2019, 08:32 PM.

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      E.R. HERO The main point in asking is to determine if my ranking is being processed for Phase 1 and to make sure I did not miss the invite email. Thank you for your guess.

• Anyone know if the MSP units in the city work overnights or just weekends during the day?

Comment

• Ray23
      Ray23 commented
      Editing a comment
      7a to 7p and 7p to 7a are the two shifts from my understanding. MSP as far as I know, it was given the squash a few months ago idk temporarily or if it’s restored or if it will be.

• Thanks for the info, and just to confirm with MSP that was seven days a week not just during the weekdays correct?

Also, if/when MSP is around again, it is only employed in NYC/5 Boroughs, not in any of the other districts? Was it a hard unit to get into/highly desired when it was around?

One last thing, what uniform shop in NYC has the best in-stock selection of Court uniforms/gear?

Thanks, asking for a family member in the process

Comment

• @E.R Hero, I'm a tier 4. Started with the state in 2006, about a year or so before they started to screw employees with tier 5 and ultimately the current tier 6. For all the new state worker coming into the state, tier 6 is horrible.

Comment

• Is anyone staying in the area Wednesday night?

Comment

• mooky3408
          mooky3408 commented
          Editing a comment
          Comfort Inn by the academy

• Where is everyone?? I feel now that candidate were accepted into the academy the conversation has died out.

Comment

• Rat95
          Rat95 commented
          Editing a comment
          We’ve had our hands full quite a bit

• Is the April academy 14 or 16 weeks?

Comment

• I didn't understand that... I know a few officers who went to the upstate academy and they both said it was 16 weeks

Comment

• Oh ok I was asking if it was 14 weeks or 16 weeks. I was just curious because I’ve heard people saying 14 while other said 16.

Comment

• USMCmech6216
              USMCmech6216 commented
              Editing a comment
              We'll just have to wait and see

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7247 users online. 255 members and 6992 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X