Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the academy in Brooklyn or Albany? Good luck to all!!

Comment

• larry_singer
      larry_singer commented
      Editing a comment
      1st class in the new brooklyn academy

• Anybody know how lunch works? Do they feed us? Do we go out for lunch?

Comment

• mrc243
      mrc243 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told we get an hour lunch break every day

• nynative4509
      nynative4509 commented
      Editing a comment
      When does the academy start? I’m wondering if all the calls went out for this upcoming one.

• Anybody know what type of compression shirt/shorts are good enough? They don't really specify what appropriate undergarments they want us to have.

Comment

• EPH
      EPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I purchased these on amazon. $23 for 3 compression shirts. Neleus Men's Running Compression... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZXWBSBQ...p_mob_ap_share

They didn’t specify colors for either so I tried finding navy. As far as compression shorts I assume they meant compression sport style boxer briefs to wear under the shorts and sweatpants we are required to purchase so I can’t imagine them caring what color those are.

• Bklyn913
      Bklyn913 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the same, just sticking with navy. Thanks for the link.

• In the email we received after being accepted to the acedmy it states, “..during the course of training you will be required to purchase additional equipment and uniforms.” Does anyone have an idea of what these additional costs will add up to? Just trying to get a head start on budgeting and putting some money to the side for these purchases.

Comment

• JOLLY-461
      JOLLY-461 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told years back that it was about a grand. It's for all the uniforms. Not sure if belt, holster, mag pouches etc are included in that.

• Joey1995
      Joey1995 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would budget to have two grand aside just to be safe.

• larry_singer
      larry_singer commented
      Editing a comment
      If you go to page 233, someone posted that it would run an additional $2500 for additional equipment once we're in the academy. The post is from 2014 so that number might even be a bit low for 2019

• Just got the call! Good luck to everyone

Comment

• larry_singer
      larry_singer commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations!!

• Jdot2116
      Jdot2116 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations!

• Good luck to everyone going in the first NYC academy. Wish it was me guess I have to wait for the next academy hopefully. Im upper 5k rank did my physical, background and psychological last year didnt get called for medical or evaluation board

Comment

• Rat95
      Rat95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Seems as though the next exam is in 2020, and I’m willing to bet they’ll have another academy before then

• Modest23
      Modest23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck man, hope you get in the next one.

• Got the call about 30 minutes ago! I was ranked 53xx

Comment

• Hey everyone, They added some new information on the website for Recruits entering the academy http://www.nycourts.gov/courtofficer...recruits.shtml

Comment

• Nevermind it seems like an old link. Not sure why it came up during a google search

Comment

• The 2019 salary schedule for those who are curious

Comment

• Hey guys. Question about hair.. does anyone know if we can walk into the academy with longer hair? Or do we have to make sure we are cut by the first day? I know facial hair is. No-no which isn’t a problem for me, but Like what are the regulations with head hair? Figured I’d ask here and see if anyone knows before I attempt to call.

Comment

• Ray23
              Ray23 commented
              Editing a comment
              My advice is clean cut and clean shaven.

• JOLLY-461
              JOLLY-461 commented
              Editing a comment
              For a male I'd have it cut so that no hair is touching the ears or hanging over the collar.

• Modest23
              Modest23 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is facial hair allowed after graduating as long as it's neat & well maintained?
              Last edited by Modest23; 02-07-2019, 07:30 AM.

• Hey guys, I've heard that facial hair not allowed in the academy, but what about after graduation? Is facial hair allowed after graduating as long as it's neat & well maintained? I've seen some court officers with beards in a news story online. Is there a standard policy?

Comment

• Joey1995
              Joey1995 commented
              Editing a comment
              Not 100% sure but ive seen a lot of court officers in pictures and in person with short facial hair i guess after the academy well be allowed to keep it short as long as its maintained.

• Modest23
              Modest23 commented
              Editing a comment
              Joey1995 thanks for you input, that's what I'm thinking as well.

• Does anyone know if there is going to be a designated area where we can offload all of our things? Im asking because i have to bring my rifle (locked in a case as per co processing) as well as like two duffel bags with the clothes and equipment. How is that all going to work?

Comment

• JOLLY-461
              JOLLY-461 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am unsure about a designated area. But you can check your rifle in with the local PD or LGS instead of bringing it. I decided on the latter due to volume and security in transit. Just have to bring in all the paperwork.

• Joey1995
              Joey1995 commented
              Editing a comment
              JOLLY-461 I called processing and asked them if i could voucher my gun at my local pd and they told me i had to bring it to the academy? Are you sure were allowed to bring it to the pd instead?

• JOLLY-461
              JOLLY-461 commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting... I'm going off of the Required List for the academy as well as an email from by BI.

• JOLLY-461 never mind i just got an email from someone at the academy in brooklyn. He told me that ONLY handguns are vouchered at the academy Rifles and Long Arms are not vouchered. Thank god i sent that email i would have looked like a fool bringing that with me on the first day. I dont know why processing told me to bring it.
            Last edited by Joey1995; 02-09-2019, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• JOLLY-461
              JOLLY-461 commented
              Editing a comment
              Joey1995 did he say you're allowed to keep posession of your rifle? From my understanding one can not posses long guns nor handguns while attending the academy.

• Joey1995
              Joey1995 commented
              Editing a comment
              JOLLY-461 His exact words:

“The Court Officers Academy only requires all handguns not long arms to be brought in and vouchered.

If you own a rifle and a NYC resident, you are subject to all laws and regulations pertaining to the ownership and possession within the confines of NYC.”

• Dumb question but on the first day, aside from the training attire should I bring totally everything, i.e a bag of socks and compression undergarments? or can i just bring a singular piece for each since we have pt on first day.

Comment

• Jbroome517
              Jbroome517 commented
              Editing a comment
              Bring everything they told u.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5997 users online. 202 members and 5795 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X