Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long ago, the Court Clerk titles were a promotional path from the Court Officer series. In an attempt to increase the number of women on the job, the Clerk titles were opened to other titles. Those who promoted from the Officer titles retained the ability to carry firearms. Those who came from other titles waited for a boss to put them through firearms training at the Academy.

Comment

• Ah. Interesting. Why the need?
      ETA: for guns.

thanks for the info.
      Last edited by CCCSD; 01-30-2019, 07:01 PM.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• I’m going back over 30 years now. While women were in most titles, bosses felt they weren’t properly represented in the Court Clerk series. So they allowed people from any number of titles to take the promotional exam for Court Clerk.

Comment

• If you change your jurisdiction to let’s say upstate, will they require you to live there. Cuz I live in bk ny, my rank is pretty high 16k. If I were to change to upstate will they ask any questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by papdrecruit17 View Post
            If you change your jurisdiction to let’s say upstate, will they require you to live there. Cuz I live in bk ny, my rank is pretty high 16k. If I were to change to upstate will they ask any questions.
            No, but it would have to be in the 3to8 jd.

I doubt you will be reachable for the 9th jd, city, or long island.

if you choose 3 to 8 and you're basically opening yourself up to work anywhere upstate. You wont be able to narrow it down.

theyll ask you for your preference while at the academy(just for 3to8 jd). But they cant satisfy everyone. I know a lot of people that were unhappy where they were placed within 3to8.

for you from brooklyn, itd be a horrible commute.

I know of 1 guy from the bronx who choose 3to8, forget where he was placed.Screenshot_20190130-205223_Drive.jpg

Comment

• Is everyone that has been approved by the committee and contacted about the medical looking to work in the city? I’ve got a pretty low list number (sub 1000) for this stage of the game and haven’t heard from the committee yet. My file was passed along back in December I believe but I chose jd 3-8 and I’m guessing the focus for this coming academy is on hiring for NYC with all the tension and protests they’ve had lately?

Comment

• L33
                L33 commented
                Editing a comment
                So you ranked under 1000? You should have been processed already for anywhere you wanted to work.

• EPH
                EPH commented
                Editing a comment
                The February academy is most likely going to focus on nyc and Long Island since this will be at the new Brooklyn academy which has no dorms or hotels to stay at like the castleton location upstate. They will probably do an upstate class and use the old location if I had to guess for jd 3-8. With your rank being so low you didn’t get the call for the last class in September or did you defer?

• ant73 thank you.

Comment

• Anyone have any idea when they will start making the calls? I believe the man I spoke with at my medical said 2/1, which would be tomorrow.

Comment

• Jfee26
                  Jfee26 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I heard "first and second week of Feb." Which would start tomorrow but could mean you wont know you're in the academy until the week before.

• Everyone that was told that they would be getting calls 1st and 2nd week of February- When did you guys take your medical? I was there on 1/5.

Comment

• larry_singer
                  larry_singer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And they told you both the same thing? 1st or 2nd week in February?

• Jdot2116
                  Jdot2116 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes they told me 1st/ 2nd week of Feb.

• larry_singer
                  larry_singer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool. I hope we all get the call!

• EPH
                  EPH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was told the same thing about calls going out 1st or 2nd week. Just a waiting game now.

• I don't know about you guys but i went ahead and bought everything. Returning all that would be the ultimate let down lol

Comment

• larry_singer
                  larry_singer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  they dont go into specifics but i dont want to take any chances. Cant go wrong with navy

• Modest23
                  Modest23 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you have a link you could share for the soft shell knee and elbow pads we need?

• Jdot2116
                  Jdot2116 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I purchased mine off of Amazon. It’s the McDavid hex knee/elbow pads.

• EPH
                  EPH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I bought two pairs of these ASICS volleyball knee pads on amazon, they fit my elbows and knees and if you go through the sellers I got each pair for about $11. https://www.amazon.com/ASICS-Ace-Pro...BHL&ref=plSrch

• L33 EPH

Yeah I only started processing this past August, put off the process for a while just due to the timing of life. I kind of figured the focus would be on the city but I was surprised I never heard anything considering the hire by number approach. Hopefully there will be a June academy upstate, I’d almost rather the weekly commute upstate over the daily commute into the city, but I guess we will find out.

Comment

• Its February, good luck to everyone who has the possibility of being selected to the academy. If you receive the call, can you post it in here so we know the calls are going out? Much appreciated.

Comment

• I just recieved the call for the academy. I'm ecstatic to say the least.

Comment

• L33
                      L33 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Stas nypd?

• stas526
                      stas526 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's probably the route I will go. But will defer as they give you one deferral. (if I get the call). Thanks!

• stas526
                      stas526 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry thought that said stay. Yes NYPD. L33

• Rat95
                      Rat95 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Must be a relief, on the first of February . Gonna be a long two weeks for me lol. Congratulations!

• Originally posted by JOLLY-461 View Post
                    I just recieved the call for the academy. I'm ecstatic to say the least.
                    call or email?

Comment

• JOLLY-461
                      JOLLY-461 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you!
                      1500s & LI

• EPH
                      EPH commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got the call today as well for Long Island. Rank in 1700’s. Good luck to everyone else that’s still waiting. I look forward to meeting you all in the academy

• mike17
                      mike17 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      EPH Nassau or Suffolk?

• EPH
                      EPH commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I requested Nassau but totally fine with suffolk as well.

• Got the call. So happy! Good luck everyone. If anyone is wondering, about where on the list they might be i am going for NYC list 32××

Comment

• Jfee26
                      Jfee26 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just curious when you got called, im NYC 34xx

• larry_singer
                      larry_singer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      E.R. HERO Congrats Dude!!!

• Rat95
                      Rat95 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congratulations man

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6996 users online. 243 members and 6753 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X