Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to change the work location preference, to a new location?

Comment

• Originally posted by SmokeScreen07 View Post
      Does anyone know how to change the work location preference, to a new location?
      Email co-processing. Can't change after medical appointment.

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        L33, Thank You. I haven't been reached yet to start the process, but I want to change my current location, in hopes I actually get called.

• Smokescreen, What's your rank, current preference, desired preference?

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        L33 Rank 14,**. Current Preference LI. I'm thinking about switching to Upstate. Currently I'm processing with CBP, so I'm thinking about possibly changing the Court Officer one as a back up, since I have no idea if they'll even contact me.

• Switching to upstate should get you started with the process.

Comment

• Has anyone received a letter stating that you completed all phases?

Comment

• Jfee26
          Jfee26 commented
          Editing a comment
          Technically appointment to the academy is the final step of the last phase. This last phase also includes the medical. My guess is that the call for the academy is the "letter" that you completed all phases. I think this because at the medical the man said that calls will go out first & second week of Feb for academy. He didnt say anything about a call/letter saying you passed the medical.
          Last edited by Jfee26; 01-22-2019, 02:23 PM. Reason: Just to proofread i guess

• JOLLY-461
          JOLLY-461 commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't. Wasn't aware such a letter exists.

• Jdot2116
          Jdot2116 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just curious because I was going of info that was posted in the beginning of this forum. I guess they got rid of it.

• Any one know if your allowed to skip a day if you get sick at the academy? How does that work? Just curiouis

Comment

• Jbroome517
          Jbroome517 commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t get sick.

• R2H
          R2H commented
          Editing a comment
          you get no sick days at the academy.

• Spoke with my investigator as he said he is finishing my background up and trying to get it to the next evaluation board. because of my rank I will not be called for feb academy he said but will be in next academy if all goes as expected. wondering for those who know, if i get through evaluation board will they have me do a medical soon after? or will i have to wait until the next academy is scheduled to do it before that one? thank you

Comment

• EPH
          EPH commented
          Editing a comment
          They will most likely wait to have you do medical until shortly before the academy class you have a chance of getting in to. Medical is only good for a month or so before you have to redo it. Just a heads up, depending on how long the process takes they may make you retake the physical assessment again as well as the written and oral psychological, both of which are only valid for 1 year. I know this because unfortunately I had to take them all a second time because they expired. I hope they move quick so this doesn’t happen to you as well. Best of luck.

• Yankees101
          Yankees101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the feedback. That is what i figured. I started the PAT in sept. Im processing for JD9 and live in Dutchess County and investigator told me he thinks next academy is in April in Albany so fingers crossed so I do not have to re do everything as you said. Good luck to you

• Originally posted by Yankees101 View Post
        Spoke with my investigator as he said he is finishing my background up and trying to get it to the next evaluation board. because of my rank I will not be called for feb academy he said but will be in next academy if all goes as expected. wondering for those who know, if i get through evaluation board will they have me do a medical soon after? or will i have to wait until the next academy is scheduled to do it before that one? thank you
        Theyll schedule the medical a few weeks before the academy starts. And depending on when you took the physical agility test, you may have to do that again. It expires after 1 year.

Comment

• Yankees101
          Yankees101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the feedback

• I wish you all the best of luck. We need all of you in the worst way. Make sure your ready when the call comes.
        On a personal note: I’ve been having a rough week on this job and I was looking through the thread at some of my old posts. I go back about 10 years (wow that’s crazy). From when I was a hopeful to going into the academy and then graduating. Then onto the layoffs and some real bad times. From transferring and eventually getting promoted it’s been one hell of a ride. The job has changed but I’m still proud of what we do and the people I work with.... they are some of the best people I know. I’ve Laughed harder than I thought possible and shed some tears too. This is my career. This is what I do and who I am. If all you newbies want it you have to earn it...But know it’s worth it. I’d also like to thank Soon2retire... You have encouraged me and answered all my questions going back a decade. I don’t think I’ve ever thanked you and that is long overdue. I hope you are enjoying retirement and I hope you collect for a hundred years. And as always if anyone has any questions just post or PM.

http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• JOLLY-461
          JOLLY-461 commented
          Editing a comment
          I truly hope everything's ok. I am waiting patiently hopeful for the call in a week or so. Preparing daily.

• soon2retire
          soon2retire commented
          Editing a comment
          You’re very welcome. I’m still around, though I don’t post much anymore. Being out going on 9 yrs., I can’t really share up to date info. Retirement is wonderful. Glad you’re doing well

• mrc243
          mrc243 commented
          Editing a comment
          How do transfers do different courts work? Can you just put your name on the list right away for a different court or jurisdiction, or is it a whole different process?

• Good Morning Everyone. Does anyone have any information on retaking the medical if it is over 1 month late. Does that mean the entire battery of tests they gave us, or is it just the urine/ blood analysis that we would have to redo?

Thank you

Comment

• L33
          L33 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure, but my guess would be the entire medical.

• larry_singer
          larry_singer commented
          Editing a comment
          That would suck,

• Jdot2116
          Jdot2116 commented
          Editing a comment
          Larry when did you get your medical done?

• I took the medical on January 5th, which makes me wonder, if hypothetically i get a call the second week of February would they make me go and do all that all over again because it would be a couple of days over 1 month,

Comment

• Modest23
          Modest23 commented
          Editing a comment
          CO-Processing would probably be able to answer that question. I'm curious as well how that works.

• The more i think about it, It would make more sense to just do the blood/urine test, The other stuff wouldn't really change that much in the course of a month. No ones vision/hearing/ lung capacity would yield that big of a change in 1 month. Just my opinion.

Comment

• JOLLY-461
          JOLLY-461 commented
          Editing a comment
          My uneducated guess would be urine and possibly blood tests walking into the academy.

• larry_singer
          larry_singer commented
          Editing a comment
          Jolly, you mean in addition to?

• If we accept the appointment to enter this upcoming academy I don't think we will have to redo it. If you defer to enter a different academy, you will most likely have to retake your medical. Just my guess....
        Last edited by L33; 01-30-2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• when is this test still valid till? I resubmitted my change for jurisdiction back in December and still waiting to be contacted for upstate.
          Exams Taken:
          NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
          NYPDPC Exam 2214
          APD5- Complete
          Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
          Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
          Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Quick question: are Court Clerks part of the Agency? I saw they carried weapons. I’m confused as they are usually civilians in other systems.

Sorry for the hijack.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• L33
              L33 commented
              Editing a comment
              The clerk series is a promotional exam in the court system. It has peace officer status, you are sent to firearms training by the chief clerk and can carry once you qualify.

• soon2retire
              soon2retire commented
              Editing a comment
              And they’re only peace officers in the southern part of the state (Dutchess and Orange Counties south)

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5628 users online. 256 members and 5372 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X