Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone, just reading all the comments and have a couple of questions ... my rank is 42xx and I live in Suffolk and of course would love to work there ... my question is should I take the first JD that I get canvassed for or wait it out ? Also with the vision test, my vision is about 20/300 without contacts and I was wondering if you don't get Lasik done in time for the pre screening do they give you another shot at passing if you tell them you are scheduled to get the procedure ? Last question, how are the sit ups scored ... is there an amount you have to reach in 60 sec, and are they standard sit ups ? Thanks for anyone that can help ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
      Generally in NYC you are assigned to a command and stay there until you get a transfer if desired. In the boroughs there is some movement between the various commands of the lower courts. In Supreme Court you stay where you are sent. Movement is similar on LI. In the northern districts assignments are made to the district and there is more movement between the commands.
      So lets say I choose the 8th JD and I start in Buffalo, does that mean one week I could be working in Buffalo and then the following week in another county (maybe the other side of the district)? I figured in the bigger cities upstate (e.g. Albany, Buffalo) there wouldn't be much movement.
      I'm considering accepting a canvass from upstate (when it comes) but the upstate districts are HUGE and just thinking about the travel if the district moves COs around.

Comment

• CivilServant I know a guy who was hired last year and he has worked in about 3 different locations in the 8th district. Last I heard he is in Niagara Falls which was the last place he was sent about 6-7 months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
          Hey everyone, just reading all the comments and have a couple of questions ... my rank is 42xx and I live in Suffolk and of course would love to work there ... my question is should I take the first JD that I get canvassed for or wait it out ? Also with the vision test, my vision is about 20/300 without contacts and I was wondering if you don't get Lasik done in time for the pre screening do they give you another shot at passing if you tell them you are scheduled to get the procedure ? Last question, how are the sit ups scored ... is there an amount you have to reach in 60 sec, and are they standard sit ups ? Thanks for anyone that can help ...
          Hey I am goin up this morning and I too wear contacts, not sure but I think one eye is 20/100 n the other 20/200 so I will let you know when I am finished what they say. I am hoping they are not too strict with this rule because we are not flying planes lol! and my vision is 20/20 with contacts so we shall see, no pun intended lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Glock40 View Post
            CivilServant I know a guy who was hired last year and he has worked in about 3 different locations in the 8th district. Last I heard he is in Niagara Falls which was the last place he was sent about 6-7 months ago.
            Thanks...that's my concern. I'm from downstate and was thinking about upstate, but being moved around like that doesn't appeal to me given the size of some of the districts. I mean the 4th JD is enormous!!
            I'm curious if the 9th district moves COs around like upstate. And even if it did, to be honest it's not the big of a district.
            Last edited by CivilServant14; 12-14-2010, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• The 9TH does move people around as per "the needs of the court".

Comment

• Originally posted by fish82 View Post
                Hi everyone! I am new to the board and awaiting a canvass letter. I am hoping that they wait long enough that I can get Lasik done in Spring. I am certain I won't pass the vision test which is a bummer since I know I would do fine with everything else and academy. It looks like most people are hoping for NYC placements. I'm hoping to be upstate. Any other upstate people here?
                I am also in WNY with the 8th JD as my availability. What is your score/rank?

Comment

• I got an 86.7 with a ranking of 5,000 something. What about you.

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                    All I know is about 1,700 court employees in all titles took the incentive, including myself. Probably a smart move to go for NYC because there are more openings there and you have to figure a lot of people now in NYC will be looking to transfer out to the Island or the 9th. http://www.law.com/jsp/nylj/PubArtic...n=1&hbxlogin=1
                    Thanks so much for the article...it is very helpful.

Comment

• Good luck to all!
                      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• hey all...got my canvas letter for suffolk too. I was surprised, as I only put down suffolk as a choice...sent it in today...

whats the turnaround time, usually between the canvas letter and call for pre med eval? its been asked already, im sure, just dont have the time to comb through over 32 pages of conversation!

score: 91.7

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
                          hey all...got my canvas letter for suffolk too. I was surprised, as I only put down suffolk as a choice...sent it in today...

whats the turnaround time, usually between the canvas letter and call for pre med eval? its been asked already, im sure, just dont have the time to comb through over 32 pages of conversation!

score: 91.7

From previous posts I believe some canvass letters were received the end of October/beg. of Nov. and people were then scheduled for appts during the 1st and 2nd week of December. So it seems about 1-1.5 months between canvass receipt and scheduled pre-med date.

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                            Good luck to all!
                            Thank you soon2retire for all the advice you and other COs on the job have given (including Dinosaur32 with honorable mention)! Been extremely helpful throughout.
                            Enjoy your retirement!

Comment

• Does anyone know what the blood test is supposed to test for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                                Does anyone know what the blood test is supposed to test for?
                                Blood Test
                                Hematology
                                Eligible candidates must be free of blood system impairments that will interfere with performance of the required job duties. Hematological impairments will be evaluated on an individual basis.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8843 users online. 430 members and 8413 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X