NYS Court Officers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
    Check out the website for the US Border Patrol. They have the actual recording that is used which you can download and practice with.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by britta; 02-02-2011, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know anyone who had to put a hold on the process due to pregnancy? I have my prescreening wednesday and I'm pretty sure I'll pass even though I'll be 33.5 weeks pregnant. I have to stay under 171 and I'm currently 163. When I spoke to someone before I accepted, they said I should accept and if I pass the prescreening then we'll go from there and I'll have to put a hold on it because I can't take the full medical. I'm just wondering if I can pick it up again when I'm ready or do we set a date? I'm really nervous because after I had my first I had no stomach muscles and I couldn't do one sit up, it took a while to get back into shape. I'm sure no one here knows about this type of situation but I have to ask.

Comment

• I also decided to stay with the city even though I live in Suffolk. Was hoping it would be a faster process this way. Can always try to transfer eventually.

Comment

• I just wish we knew how many from each JD took the incentive.

Comment

• All I know is about 1,700 court employees in all titles took the incentive, including myself. Probably a smart move to go for NYC because there are more openings there and you have to figure a lot of people now in NYC will be looking to transfer out to the Island or the 9th. http://www.law.com/jsp/nylj/PubArtic...n=1&hbxlogin=1
            Last edited by soon2retire; 12-13-2010, 01:21 PM.
            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• I also decided to keep my name on the NYC list. I feel that there would be a greater opportunity of getting called.
              NYPD Promotional Exam #0517 List #x
              Got the call @ 1330
              To God be the glory....

Comment

• Failed the prescreening, the weight requirements is a travesty. I have to lose eighteen pounds than get re weighed. Truthfully I am not overweight at all, and los 22 ponds to try and prepare for this.
                Big disappointment, I saw a guy who was like four pounds over and they told him the same thing, it really is ridiculous.

In any event, I heard that they are just trying to establish a list right now, and the class this January is from the old list. With that being said, I have time, and will not lose my rank. In other words if I start the process a month or two later, it will not deter my ranking number.

I guess when Cuomo comes to office and says send three classes, than thats when it matters. But who knows if and when that will happen??

Comment

• Led71,

Did they give you a date for your next weigh in or just told you to contact them when you lose it?

Comment

• Hi everyone! I am new to the board and awaiting a canvass letter. I am hoping that they wait long enough that I can get Lasik done in Spring. I am certain I won't pass the vision test which is a bummer since I know I would do fine with everything else and academy. It looks like most people are hoping for NYC placements. I'm hoping to be upstate. Any other upstate people here?
                    NYS Court Officer Trainee #45-758: Score 96.7, Rank 2XX

Comment

• Fish I see that you are located in Wny. Did you pick the 8th or else where? I picked only the 8th. By the way I'm from Wny also.

Comment

• Originally posted by KAYNYC View Post
                        Led71,

Did they give you a date for your next weigh in or just told you to contact them when you lose it?
                        Nah no date. Just gave me a contact, name, and mumber; told me to call when I lose the eighteen pounds to make an appointment.

I think more than half the people that went today are in the same boat. Only the people who were very thin, left there smiling with a date for full medical.

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                          All I know is about 1,700 court employees in all titles took the incentive, including myself. Probably a smart move to go for NYC because there are more openings there and you have to figure a lot of people now in NYC will be looking to transfer out to the Island or the 9th. http://www.law.com/jsp/nylj/PubArtic...n=1&hbxlogin=1
                          Hey thanks for this uplifting article! I switched from the city list to dis. 9 but I hope that there are some spots open for newbies and not all eaten up by transfers. good luck to everyone, I have my first med tomorrow, just hoping i can pass the vision

Comment

• reassuring

Originally posted by Led71 View Post
                            Nah no date. Just gave me a contact, name, and mumber; told me to call when I lose the eighteen pounds to make an appointment.

I think more than half the people that went today are in the same boat. Only the people who were very thin, left there smiling with a date for full medical.
                            That is somewhat reassuring. I had no idea they would call me that quickly and I have a lot of weight to lose. I just hope that when I do lose it...they are still hiring!

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                              All I know is about 1,700 court employees in all titles took the incentive, including myself. Probably a smart move to go for NYC because there are more openings there and you have to figure a lot of people now in NYC will be looking to transfer out to the Island or the 9th. http://www.law.com/jsp/nylj/PubArtic...n=1&hbxlogin=1
                              Thank you for the article soon2retire!
                              Question that maybe you can answer:
                              I recall reading that if placed in NYC more than likely a CO will remain in the same courthouse throughout his career (unless transferred), but if upstate (not sure about LI or the 9th JD) you can be assigned to different court houses within that district (maybe one week in one county and another week in a different county). Is this true?

Comment

• Generally in NYC you are assigned to a command and stay there until you get a transfer if desired. In the boroughs there is some movement between the various commands of the lower courts. In Supreme Court you stay where you are sent. Movement is similar on LI. In the northern districts assignments are made to the district and there is more movement between the commands.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4090 users online. 125 members and 3965 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                                X