Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new required equipment list is out.
    http://ww2.nycourts.gov/sites/defaul...-list-Day1.pdf

Comment

• New equipment list posted on the recruitment website.

Comment

• Thanks just bought my set

Comment

• First day of the academy

Comment

• Thanks for posting the new list guys. Does this mean we no longer need compression shirts and short? I just bought 5 of each the other day, but I can return them.

Comment

• Joey1995
              Joey1995 commented
              Editing a comment
              The compression shorts and shirts are still on the updated list so we will still need them

• Modest23
              Modest23 commented
              Editing a comment
              Woops, you are correct, just had looked it over quickly on my phone earlier. Will hold on to them ,thanks!

• I still haven't gotten a call about the blood/urine test. I took my medical on January 5th. Should I be worried about not receiving a phone call or is anyone else still waiting?

Comment

• Joey1995
              Joey1995 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah i only got a phone call because my creatinine was a little low and she needed my email to send me something im assuming related to that but the nurse said she was passing me thats the only reason why i got a phone call. However im not sure if were all supposed to receive a confirmation email if we passed like we did with every other phase

• EPH
              EPH commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I got a call saying I passed but they just wanted to let me know my cholesterol was a touch high. I believe if you don't hear anything, its good news.

• Joey1995
              Joey1995 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah i think they only call you if they need to tell you something related to your health

• Bklyn913
              Bklyn913 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok thanks for the info guys. Was getting a little worried lol.

• How long does it take most people here to hear back from their BI over email? Days, weeks,...?

Comment

• Joey1995
              Joey1995 commented
              Editing a comment
              My BI took like two weeks to answer me back when i emailed him.

• JOLLY-461
              JOLLY-461 commented
              Editing a comment
              By the next business day so far

• RG-D2
              RG-D2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Jolly, really? That must be nice. It’s been a week so far. I haven’t had to contact her for a while. But I don’t believe it’s ever been that quick.

• Are most of you guys here applying for NYC or is anyone holding out for Long island?

Comment

• E.R. HERO
              E.R. HERO commented
              Editing a comment
              Nyc--32xx.

• JOLLY-461
              JOLLY-461 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm shooting for Long Island
              Last edited by JOLLY-461; 01-18-2019, 06:49 PM.

• Im NYC not 100% about all of us
            35XX
            Last edited by Joey1995; 01-18-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• NYC 4xxx .

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdot2116 View Post
                The new required equipment list is out.
                http://ww2.nycourts.gov/sites/defaul...-list-Day1.pdf
                Looks like they're no longer providing the pt uniform. They gave my class the sweats and shorts with courts logo on them.
                Last edited by ant73; 01-19-2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• Joey1995
                  Joey1995 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  any advice for this upcoming academy class?

• If your sneakers have any other color on them, e.g. a white nike check, bring a black permanent marker to be able to fill it in.

make sure you are clean shaven.
                Last edited by ant73; 01-19-2019, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Joey1995
                  Joey1995 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Okay thanks i just have one specific question id appreciate if you answered it. What should we be expected to run for our 1.5 mile run as far as assessments go?

• ant73
                  ant73 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They wont tell you what you have to run. Theyll just say do your best everytime out. But I believe it's the 60% line on the cooper standards for law enforcement. So around 12:27 for 30to39. A little faster if you're younger, a little slower if you're older, significantly lower if you're a female. Just google the numbers.

• Joey1995
                  Joey1995 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Okay thank you and this is to graduate the academy right they dont expect us to run that quick on the first shot. My best 1.5 mile is like 14 min

• Hey Ant, What can we expect in terms of PT everyday. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Comment

• Does anyone have any idea about the next academy for those who are pursuing the upstate districts?

Comment

• Originally posted by larry_singer View Post
                    Hey Ant, What can we expect in terms of PT everyday. Thanks for any info you can provide.
                    Pt wont be everyday. Maybe 3 times a week. With one of them being a group run.

It starts off as 3 sets of 10, pushups, mountain climbers (mountain climbers are at a count of 4, so you kick your leg back 4 times for a rep). Theyll line everyone up and yell out push up position, that's letting you know what they want. Then theyll say move, expecting everyone moves as one. No one will ever move as one the first time around. That first pt is really a test to see who's going to quit. You'll go down into push up position, theyll say it wasnt fast enough, theyll start it over. 3 sets of 10 easily becomes 10 sets because they keep restarting saying it's not fast enough. You'll end up holding push up position for a long time, which makes it that much harder.

just dont quit. That's what they're looking for those first few pt sessions. Theyll scream at you to get off your knee. Theyll scream at you saying you should've been working out in preparation when the process started however many years ago.

so that's my advice. Just dont quit!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9265 users online. 377 members and 8888 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X