Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just requested to change to 3 to 8. How long does it take for them to contact you to start the process? I got a score in the low 80s
    Exams Taken:
    NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
    NYPDPC Exam 2214
    APD5- Complete
    Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
    Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
    Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Received my medical notification. What's the likelyhood if I pass the medical that I'm in the next academy? I thought the academy was scheduled for 2/21, kind of early for the medical. Will I need to redo a drug test 30 days before? thanks!

Comment

• Jfee26
        Jfee26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just curious...what was your rank (doesn't have to be exact)...and jurisdiction.

• JOLLY-461
        JOLLY-461 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you don't mind how and when were you contacted? When your medical exam scheduled?

• Originally posted by stas526 View Post
      Received my medical notification. What's the likelyhood if I pass the medical that I'm in the next academy? I thought the academy was scheduled for 2/21, kind of early for the medical. Will I need to redo a drug test 30 days before? thanks!
      NYC rank 35XX, was contacted by phone for next week.

Comment

• mrc243
        mrc243 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully this means the academy will be sooner than expected
        Last edited by mrc243; 12-27-2018, 07:25 PM.

• Camean
        Camean commented
        Editing a comment
        I was hoping it would be later, I’m still in background...

• Just got called earlier for medical appointment next week. Happy new year everyone.

Comment

• Happy New Year, everyone! Stay safe and best wishes to those who are waiting to enter and are entering academy. I am patiently awaiting the announcement of when the written test will be given.

Comment

• Ive been told the class was scheduled for last week in January, but is being moved to the first week in february.

Comment

• Will they notify you when your background clears and it is going to the board review or will you just get a e mail stating when the board decides? I got e mail that I passed pysch in early December but as of last week I was still going through background and it wasn’t at the board yet. Trying to see if I have a chance at academy in Feb

Comment

• Jfee26
              Jfee26 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm in the same boat, I spoke to my investigator on the 18th to ensure he had all the materials he needed. he told me that we was sending everything of mine to the eval board once everything was complete. That was the 18th and i haven't heard back since. I will email him back around next week if i haven't heard anything back. Would hate to miss the class because my background took too long.

• Just got the notification I was cleared by Background Eval board (already cleared Psych board). Just waiting on a call for the medical, fingers crossed. Guess I really should up my...dare I say it.....cardio

Comment

• Yankees101
              Yankees101 commented
              Editing a comment
              When did you receive you passed your pysch? I found out Dec 7th and as of today my background is still initiated

• Jfee26
              Jfee26 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got my psych email end of Oct.

• Just got the call for the medical next week. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• I am trying to figure out the pay a bit more and have a couple questions for anyone on the job.
              1.Is it correct to assume that you're paid the hire rate for 516 throughout the academy?
              2. After the academy do you go into 516 year 1 or is this when you go to 519?

Thank you in advance
              Last edited by JOLLY-461; 01-07-2019, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• JOLLY-461
                JOLLY-461 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ray23 do you know if after the academy and probation when you're moved up to 519 if you start at year 1 or 2?

• Ray23
                Ray23 commented
                Editing a comment
                Modest23 yes for your first question, all your time counts towards your 2 years. For your second question it’s all about your bargaining unit and location.

JOLLY-461 you start at hiring rate for any movement in your Judicial Grade and then year 1, year 2 etc. Its 9 years to top pay as from Court Officer-Trainee to Court Officer

• Modest23
                Modest23 commented
                Editing a comment
                mrc243 Thanks! Do all locations post this on their websites or just nassau county? I did some searching but was unable to find.

Ray23 Thank you! Do all locations post this info online, or does only Nassau do that?

• Ray23
                Ray23 commented
                Editing a comment
                Modest23 I think CSEA Judiciary (which handles 3-8) has it online, you can see the contract on the website. COBANC does, idk about Suffolk. COA/SCOA is the same. Technically it’s all the same pay scale but location pay is different in downstate so that might be factored in.

• Has anyone started buying the things from the list they have posted?? Just a heads up those iron on letters they want you to bring are hard to find in store i bought them online.

Comment

• Do we need to keep in contact with our investigators after we have moved onto the medical?

Comment

• What do they mean by retesters in the recruit site.

Comment

• stas526
                  stas526 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  papdrecruit17 It's for candidates that failed the PAT and need to take it again.

• How do transfers to different courts work? I am currently in Corrections and you can put your name on the list for any prison, then as soon as there is an open position in that prison and you are next on the list you get transferred. Is it a similar process?

Comment

• Word of advice for those buying things from the list. It doesnt specify, but make sure your compression shirts are navy blue.

Comment

• JOLLY-461
                    JOLLY-461 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you. I had bought black

• Joey1995
                    Joey1995 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks i bought black too

• Joey1995
                    Joey1995 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Forgot to ask do the shorts have to be navy blue as well??

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10714 users online. 335 members and 10379 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X