300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pete3141 View Post
    Has anyone received a date for their medical yet? I got my email saying I passed the board evaluation about 3-4 weeks ago and still haven't received an appointment for the medical.
    I guess there is no tentative date for the academy? I'm just hearing February.

Comment

• Just waiting on the medical appointment, i doubt anything will happen this month because of the holidays rolling around to be honest. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Modest23
        Modest23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I've heard the next class will likely be in February, and that usually the preappointments start going out around 3 weeks beforehand.

• Hey guys,

I selected long island (10th JD) as my district since I live on long island. Score 92.5 Rank 35xx. If i definitely want to get in the next class should I change my location preference to NYC? From what i've heard Long island doesn't call many people. I know no one will know for sure, but just looking for some opinions. Thank you!
      Last edited by Modest23; 12-12-2018, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• mrc243
        mrc243 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the same score and was thinking the same thing. I ended up switching to NYC. I emailed them a while back and I was told that they typically hire much more for NYC than for Long Island. I'm not sure it was the right choice, but at least I know now I have a much better chance.

• Modest23
        Modest23 commented
        Editing a comment
        mrc243 I feel ya man. I'm thinking about it that we'll just have to deal with a long commute until we're able to transfer to Long Island.

• It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here. Currently on the job for about 10 years. To answer to a few questions: YES NYC hires more than Nassau/Suffolk. If you want the job put in for nyc. You can put in a transfer for Long Island. Transfers do happen but they can take a long time. Many officers commute to nyc so you won’t be alone. IMHO the heart and soul of this job is in NYC anyways. As far as firearms you will voucher them your first day of the academy. You will not carry until you’ve returned to the range and requalified, typically about 3 months after graduation (or more). I actually got my firearm quickly due to my command and staffing needs. This exists for a reason. Overall this a good job. Good salary, great benefits. Right now we are painfully short staffed and it’s dangerous. There will be hiring. Make sure your ready when the call comes. Any questions just ask.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• JOLLY-461
        JOLLY-461 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the insight unblindeacon. I do have a question that I haven't gotten to verifying yet. It concerns vouchering ones handguns. I know that other academies/organizations allow the individual to voucher their handguns with their local police department prior to the start of an academy. Would you happen to know if this is also the case with the NYS Court Officers? I only ask because I feel it would be much safer to transport ones unloaded handguns the shortest distance possible.
        PS: You mentioned firearms. Is it all firearms for NYS Court Officer academy attendees or only handguns?

• You will either have to bring your firearm (handguns only) unloaded in a locked box on the first day of the academy or if it’s vouchered by local PD you will have to bring all documentation including receipts for the firearms, c form, and whatever voucher documentation you have. Your background investigor will have more information for you.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• JOLLY-461
        JOLLY-461 commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy all. Thank you.

• Joey1995
        Joey1995 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a question. I do not own any handguns however i do own a bolt action rifle. Its registered and i have my nyc rifle/shotgun permit. I had to give my investigator a copy of my permit and registration and he told me i would have to get it vouchered. But youre saying handguns only so im a little confused is it possible that they changed the policy?

• JOLLY-461
        JOLLY-461 commented
        Editing a comment
        Joey1995 might be any registered gun. I'll go with what ever the BI says.

• hey based on these posts i have a general idea but some questions from those who know more. was cleared to move forward from the psych and got the e mail from co-processing a week ago exactly. once your cleared from psych does it go right to the evaluation board? my bi said as of now he doesn't need anything else from me but would call me if that changes. also for those who have got the e mail or on the job and remember, typically how long after your e mail from clearing the psych did you wait until you got the e mail you passed the eval board and waiting on the medical. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees101 View Post
        hey based on these posts i have a general idea but some questions from those who know more. was cleared to move forward from the psych and got the e mail from co-processing a week ago exactly. once your cleared from psych does it go right to the evaluation board? my bi said as of now he doesn't need anything else from me but would call me if that changes. also for those who have got the e mail or on the job and remember, typically how long after your e mail from clearing the psych did you wait until you got the e mail you passed the eval board and waiting on the medical. thanks
        I received my clearance for evaluation board about 2 weeks after psych cleared.

Comment

• According to this, the next class will be no later than mid February with 225 recruits.

http://thechiefleader.com/news/news_...70e79cdaf.html

Comment

• Congratulations to the class graduating in Castleton today!!! You all worked your butts off in the academy and earned your right to be called a NYS Court Officer! Good luck at your assigned commands and please continue to be sponges learning everything and anything to do the job right. Eyes and ears still open and don’t hesitate to ask legit questions to the senior officers. Best of luck and welcome to Court Officer brotherhood!

As for the people waiting for the call, stay in shape and out of trouble. Patience is always key for getting the job. Heard the new academy in Brooklyn is awesome! Best of luck to you guys as well!!!

Comment

• Anyone have a rough idea what number the list will go up to for NYC candidates eligible for next academy class?

Comment

• Is it accurate to say that the new Brooklyn academy site will now replace the Castleton-On-Hudson academy location?

Comment

• Originally posted by rlbd73 View Post
                  Is it accurate to say that the new Brooklyn academy site will now replace the Castleton-On-Hudson academy location?
                  No. Both academies will be used. Castleton-On-Hudson will be used for upstate academies and Brooklyn will be used for NYC academies. They will be used for different types of trainings as well for current court officers.

Comment

• I very much appreciate your response/clarification. hoping the next exam will be held in 2019.

Comment

• What they mentioned in graduation speech is a class of 200 or so is scheduled for this January in new brooklyn facility. That's for people that'll be working in the 5 boroughs, Suffolk,Nassau, and I believe the 9th jd falls into that academy class as well (Westchester, putnam, rockland, orange, dutchess county).

another class of 75 is scheduled for July, that's for upstate officers at the pond view academy.

Comment

• I took the court officer exa 45-784, the last time I heard from them was almost 2 years ago asking if I was available or interesting. I fill out the papers and sent them back stated I was interesting and available for NYC. My score was in the mid 80s, do I have any real chance of getting called. It seems if you don’t score high in the 90s u have no chance.

Comment

• ant73
                          ant73 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Probably not. If you changed your location to upstate, 3to8 jd, you might. That's not practical for most.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9349 users online. 313 members and 9036 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X