• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anti-crime View Post
    NVM found my canvass email in my spam box from 2/2017 smh
    Wow that must really suck

Comment

• Hey just curious

I took my pysch 5 weeks to the date this coming Saturday. I haven't received any e mails regarding pass/fail. Just wondering how long some of yours took. Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees101 View Post
        Hey just curious

I took my pysch 5 weeks to the date this coming Saturday. I haven't received any e mails regarding pass/fail. Just wondering how long some of yours took. Thank you!
        It seems to vary a lot. Mine was just under 2 weeks. But other have said it took over 5 weeks. I would think you should hear something soon.

Comment

• stas526
          stas526 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received my email exactly 5 weeks to the day.

• Yankees101
          Yankees101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for getting back too me. I should be fine it's just the wait for the e mail has started too make me stress a little but that's good to hear from you all. Thank you again

• Just received my approval email for Evaluation Board.

Comment

• Camean
          Camean commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you clear background yet?

• stas526
          stas526 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, once you clear background it's sent to the evaluation board. That's phase 3, all clear. Medical next.

• Jfee26
          Jfee26 commented
          Editing a comment
          Stas, I received an email that I passed the evaluation board but it only mentioned psych and said I can continue with the process. Does that mean I am still waiting to clear background? Because I haven't gotten anything that specifically said I cleared background.

• Notice states: be advised you have been cleared by the background evaluation board. This implies that the background was complete before it went to the evaluation board. However all candidates will continue to be investigated. Your investigation continues even in the academy and during your probation.

Comment

• Originally posted by stas526 View Post
          Just received my approval email for Evaluation Board.
          what email are you receiving these updates from?

Comment

• Jfee26
            Jfee26 commented
            Editing a comment
            Modest, even for psych evals? I got an attachment from the CO processing email address, saying I passed my psych eval...so what does that mean

• Modest23
            Modest23 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jfee26: Yes, I got the Psych evaluation from coprocessing too confirming I passed. The e-mail saying you passed the evaluation board (I believe which is related to the background investigation) comes from "AVU@nycourts.gov" though

• Jfee26
            Jfee26 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Modest for clarifying!

• Yankees101
            Yankees101 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey modest223 about how long after your pysch did you hear back? I'm going on 5 weeks this sat. Confident but this week is dragging by just waiting

• Evaluation Background results are emailed to candidates from AVU@nycourts. Remember to check your spam folder. It doesnt come from co-processing like other emails.

Comment

• Got my email on 11/27 saying i was cleared by Background Evaluation Board

Comment

• Going to be a big class 270 ppl or so and should start in february most likely if you believe this.https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...t-13425951.php

Comment

• hello! I am currently working as a court attendant/officer within the 5th JD (Oneida County) and am prepping to take the next NYS Court Officer Exam - hoping it will be administered in the fall of 2019? As a female who is going to be 45 yrs old this month, I am fighting the urge to not become discouraged - as I know the process is a long one - and am taking this time to learn all I can working within the courts (currently assigned to criminal court), all the while keeping physically fit. Any words of encouragement would be extremely appreciated. Thank you and stay safe my fellow brothers and sisters!

Comment

• New Brooklyn Academy unveiled and dedicated to the Court Officers who gave all on Sept. 11, 2001.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the union is working on their pension issues? That 33/63 is kinda tough to swallow.
                  also does anyone know how assignments work? I remember when I got canvasses years ago I selected Long Island only, is that the only place they are processing me for?
                  Last edited by JFD516; 12-10-2018, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• The hopeful
                    The hopeful commented
                    Editing a comment
                    JFD516 they told us during processing we have to wait up to 6 months on the job and I’ve seen court officers out the academy without. They’re transitioning training and such. They definitely said that new officers cant carry personal firearms until 6 months after the academy

• JFD516
                    JFD516 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow... I don’t know if I can go from 3 years of everyday carrying a gun on and off duty to not for an u undetermined amout of time. What are you supposed to do with your personal firearms? This job for me seems less and less worth it. But still a good job for those already not in Le

• The hopeful
                    The hopeful commented
                    Editing a comment
                    JFD516 my guess is have it voucheres at the precinct because once appointed to the academy technically you’re no longer a peace/police officer until you graduate that academy. You go back to civilain status because you left your previous job. My job we carry everything except the letal firearms. I would have to leave my oc spray, knives and expandable baton at home until I graduated or at least take it to the precinct as voucher it for safekeeping

• JFD516
                    JFD516 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea I understand during the academy Bc of NYS insane gun laws you can’t keep or obivously carry but to not be able to carry after graduation is silly. Do your firearms still need to be vouchered at that point as well? I have more then a card to admit of handguns so I don’t plan on selling them either. Starting to think my best bet to come back to NY and stay le is federal

• Got the letter about passing the pysch last Monday. Anyone here receive the e mail about the board evaluation? And if so about how long after your pysch e mail did that come?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees101 View Post
                    Got the letter about passing the pysch last Monday. Anyone here receive the e mail about the board evaluation? And if so about how long after your pysch e mail did that come?
                    Board approval came about 2 weeks after.

Comment

• Has anyone received a date for their medical yet? I got my email saying I passed the board evaluation about 3-4 weeks ago and still haven't received an appointment for the medical.

Comment

• JOLLY-461
                        JOLLY-461 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Right now in preparation for an upcoming academy I'm sure they're working a large number of files. I was told the pre academy medical should be about a month prior to the academy start date. Just have to be patient at this point.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11194 users online. 442 members and 10752 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X