300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
    Check out the website for the US Border Patrol. They have the actual recording that is used which you can download and practice with.
    Thanks. That is helpful.

Rank #24xx NYC
    Last edited by tnf; 12-12-2010, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• I also started my screening with NYC and received a letter today for 9th and Suffolk. I live in Suffolk and would love to work there or even the 9th instead of the city but will it take a much longer time to get a position since they do not hire as many? I am not sure what to do. Also, will I have to do the pre screening over again? I already have a date for the full medical. I don't want to do anything that will make this a much longer process. Anyone information would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• Hey guys,

New to the thread. I also went through my prescreening medical on 12/6 and thought I was going to be good with weight. My height came in at 5'11 1/2 when I was sure I was 6 feet, but I had a feeling there would be an issue and utilized my skills as a former hs wrestler to cut some weight.

I ended up weighing in at 203.5 and, even though I had a brief scare that I was going to have to go through the prescreen again when one of the administrators read that height weight chart wrong and measured me by female standards, I'm good to go. So 1.5 pounds over is no big deal. I have my full medical on the 20th.

I scored a 96.7 and had a rank in the low 300s. I'm kinda confused about what to do with the canvassing letters I received for Suffolk and 9th JD.

Does anyone know if those who accept conditional appointments in those locations are looking at a faster way into the academy? I would think that the city would be the best bet still because of the number of positions but any feedback would be great.

Look forward to meeting most of you!

Comment

• Kannons610,
          I scored 91.7, and I'm somewhere before 2000. It seems they are giving this option to anyone who had chosen both NYC and Suffolk/9th. I will pass on information if my insider knows anything.
          Last edited by LampshadeNYC; 12-15-2010, 03:23 PM. Reason: rank
          NYS Court Officer Test 45-758
          Rank# Under 2000
          Canvassed: NYC
          Pre-Medical: Passed
          Full Medical: Passed (pending lab analysis)
          Agility: Scheduled

Comment

• Thanks. I received a letter today as well. I just don't know how many Suffolk is going to take. I'm sure the city is taking so many more and I would hate to throw a chance to get into the next academy because I chose Suffolk and people ranked ahead of me got the job first. Turning away NYC is a big gamble.

Comment

• Potential Candidate for NYS Court Officer --

Hello All,
              I am new to the forum. I have read a lot of the posts regarding the NYS Court Officer Trainee #45-758. I was okay with my score but now it looks like I dont have a shot at getting canvassed unless some devine intervention from the Heavens intercedes on my behalf. (lol) .

What do you guys think, here is my STATS:
              Score: 83.3

This is the information and feedback I recieved from [email protected] regarding my JD choices:

"We have NYC, the 9th Judicial District, Nassau and Suffolk as your location preferences on the NYS Court Officer Trainee list."

"NYC includes all 5 boroughs. We have your location preferences set for all of NYC, the 9th and 10th Judicial Districts."

"We are no longer using the last list, the new list has been established."

To the Vets out there how am I looking? Do you think if I update my location preferences would I stand a better shot? Be honest.

Comment

• Jaeden08 wrote:
                To the Vets out there how am I looking? Do you think if I update my location preferences would I stand a better shot? Be honest.[/QUOTE]

If you want a better shot choose all of NYS as your location preference. Check out page 13 for the rankings reached on the last list.

Comment

• Sit-Ups - This test measures the strength of the abdominal muscles (trunk strength). Candidates are required to perform as many sit-ups as possible in one minute.
                  Can someone explain this to me....there is no set number?

Comment

• I have decided to take the 9th district but as it has been pointed out the NYC probably has more open positions...who knows its just a gamble I guess. Hope its the right choice but I have a feeling any district will still be a waiting game judging by the fact that the 2005 test hasnt been thru the acadamy yet. Good luck to all and please everyone keep us posted on your progress in NYC and the other spots too.

Can anyone who has taken the first med exam please explain the eyesight test and how strict they are because I wear contacts and according to their websight I will be tested without my contacts...why? has anyone with glasses passed?

Comment

• Originally posted by PACE View Post
                      Can someone explain this to me....there is no set number?
                      I would like to know this also because it doesn't say how many are required. I wonder if it is similiar to the sit-up requirement of the New York State Police which is

Female Candidates
                      Sit-ups (one minute) 35

Male Candidates
                      Sit-ups (one minute) 40

Comment

• mfriguy,

The vision test is on a machine. They test for regular, peripheral, and color vision. It is fairly simple and takes about 2 minutes. If you wear contacts or glasses you will have to take them off 15-20 minutes before you take the test so your eyes can adjust. Then later you take the test with them on.

I would also like to know how many sit-ups is considered satisfactory. Category II is the "Strength and Muscular Endurance" portion of the Physical Ability Test. I am assuming that there is some sort of scoring level for each of the three portions of each category. I would think that if you did well on the Arm Lift and Leg Endurance portions of category II, that it might allow you to do not quite as well on the Sit-Ups portion, and still pass Category II overall. This is just a guess. If someone who has been through the complete process could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Kannons610 you are right about the scoring method. However, if it hasn't changed, as soon as you go in to your PAT they give you a paper with a chart that shows you how they score the different categories. You have to gain points on each of the exercises, with exception of the hand steadiness which is a pass/fail thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                            Jaeden08 wrote:
                            To the Vets out there how am I looking? Do you think if I update my location preferences would I stand a better shot? Be honest.

If you want a better shot choose all of NYS as your location preference. Check out page 13 for the rankings reached on the last list.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your feedback. It would be unrealistic to choose all of NYS, altough I done mind commuting ( 1.5hrs each way), if necessary) I do think anything longer that would be ridiculous. I will have to think about it and let you know what I decide.

Here's what the Court website has the last tests numbers at:

From FAQs "Where I stand on list 45-722?"
                            "As of early April 2010, the following ranks and scores have been reached:New York City rank# 6072 score 83
                            3rd Judicial District rank# 6021 score 84
                            4th Judicial District rank# 6029 score 84
                            5th Judicial District rank# 9959 score 80
                            6th Judicial District rank# 12089 score 78
                            8th Judicial District rank# 14420 score 75
                            9th Judicial District rank# 3015 score 87
                            Nassau County rank# 439 score 94
                            Suffolk County rank# 2975 score 88

Here is what the Court Website says about the last (45-722) and current list (45-722):

It is anticipated that new eligible list 45-758 will be established in Spring 2010.

List 45-722 is due to expire no earlier than July 2010 and will be used until a "sufficient number" of NYS Court Officer-Trainee candidates "have been cleared for appointment from the new list". "Candidates remaining on list 45-722 will not be transferred to list 45-758.

Based on my analysis of all this informatin I could still be in the running, since they just started canvassing in NYC:

Candidates from the 2009 Court Officer-Trainee Exam # 45-758 are currently being canvassed for NYC through rank 2648/Grade 91.7.
                            Looks like to me they are don with the old list... idk.
                            I"ll keep my headup and pray for the best.
                            Last edited by Jaeden08; 12-13-2010, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• Thank you for your feedback. It would be unrealistic to choose all of NYS, altough I done mind commuting ( 1.5hrs each way), if necessary) I do think anything longer that would be ridiculous. I will have to think about it and let you know what I decide.

Here's what the Court website has the last tests numbers at:

From FAQs "Where I stand on list 45-722?"
                              "As of early April 2010, the following ranks and scores have been reached:New York City rank# 6072 score 83
                              3rd Judicial District rank# 6021 score 84
                              4th Judicial District rank# 6029 score 84
                              5th Judicial District rank# 9959 score 80
                              6th Judicial District rank# 12089 score 78
                              8th Judicial District rank# 14420 score 75
                              9th Judicial District rank# 3015 score 87
                              Nassau County rank# 439 score 94
                              Suffolk County rank# 2975 score 88

Here is what the Court Website says about the last (45-722) and current list (45-722):

It is anticipated that new eligible list 45-758 will be established in Spring 2010.

List 45-722 is due to expire no earlier than July 2010 and will be used until a "sufficient number" of NYS Court Officer-Trainee candidates "have been cleared for appointment from the new list". "Candidates remaining on list 45-722 will not be transferred to list 45-758.

Based on my analysis of all this informatin I could still be in the running, since they just started canvassing in NYC:

Candidates from the 2009 Court Officer-Trainee Exam # 45-758 are currently being canvassed for NYC through rank 2648/Grade 91.7.
                              Looks like to me they are don with the old list... idk.
                              I"ll keep my headup and pray for the best.

Comment

• I also received a canvass letter for Suffolk. They don't really give you much time to decide. I have until the 16th to make up my mind. Meanwhile, my pre-med is the 15th.
                                My sister believes if I chose Suffolk that the process will go quicker, but I think they would probably be in the same academy with NYC trainees.
                                BTW My rating is 91.7 Rank 19XX.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8542 users online. 455 members and 8087 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X