Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a couple questions..Once you clear background. What's the avg. wait time to get in to the academy.. and what's the chance you will get in to academy...

Comment

• I was wondering the same thing ... has anyone been cleared and medical yet for the supposed Sept class?

Comment

• JakeDaSnake
        JakeDaSnake commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a medical scheduled

• SECFOR36
        SECFOR36 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jake that’s good news , well for you at least! was it for today? And are you for upstate?

• Joel P
        Joel P commented
        Editing a comment
        Jake!!! Congratulations on the next step!!! what rank are you and when did you pass backround.

• JakeDaSnake
        JakeDaSnake commented
        Editing a comment
        Upstate. Rank 7,000 something. Was cleared with the board back in March sometime. Keeping my fingers crossed for academy first week in Sept! Good luck everyone.
        Last edited by JakeDaSnake; 07-20-2018, 07:30 PM.

• Hey guys, gotta go retest PAT in NYC tomorrow, was cleared by the evaluation board couple weeks ago, what do you think my chances are of getting in upcoming academy, rank 15000, I’m from Buffalo so I went with jurisdiction 3-8

Comment

• Joel P
        Joel P commented
        Editing a comment
        Retest as in failed the 1st time or as in it expired so you have to retake...

• Retake* my bad, mine expired

Comment

• Hey guys, rank 11,000. I put in for NYC but I dont think OCA will reach my score (88) before the exam expires. Should I change my paperwork for upstate New York so I can atleast get the call for processing? I dont mind moving if it means i can land a position.

thank you.

Comment

• Holcroft
          Holcroft commented
          Editing a comment
          If you dont mind moving change to upstate for sure good chance of getting in

• Next academy is scheduled for September 2018..... going to be upstate location as brooklyn location us not yet finished.... they will continue to have medicals through August. Good luck everyone

Comment

• RG-D2
          RG-D2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you sure of this?

• This is what i was told after my medical a week ago.

Comment

• SECFOR36
          SECFOR36 commented
          Editing a comment
          How far in advance did they notify you for medical appointment?

• JakeDaSnake
          JakeDaSnake commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey VN, what was the medical like? Any surprises?

• So I did the retake of my expired PAT today, passed, speak with the lady afterwards and she says probably not gonna reach your rank for upcoming academy but keep in touch

Comment

• Its a basic medical.... blood work, drug test, vision and hearing test, overall physical check by a doctor. I know that the results take about 2 weeks to get so if you havent gotten a medical date by mid August i would say its unlikely you will be called for an academy this year but stay hopeful... ive been waiting a long time for this its worth the wait

Comment

• I had done my medical the end of June. I called because I never heard anything after the medical. I assume no news on your medical is good news.. ? The woman told me that at this point you don't get an email or anything..(unless disqualified ) you get a phone call (hopefully) to go to academy... its all just waiting now

Comment

• It appears others with list numbers over 11,000 have already received a call for JD 3-8...do you guys recommend I change my district from NYC to JD 3-8?

I haven't been called and I am list number 11,000 for NYC.

Comment

• Hey guys. I have a score of 92.5 and selected Long Island as my district. Just got an e-mail today to come in for the "PAT" testing next month. Since that is the very first step I was wondering how long the process typically takes before you can get into the academy (I know it will vary, but would just like to hear how long it's taken others in the past). Also, is it true that the 2014 test is expiring as someone stated earlier? If so, would that likely mean I will not get into the academy? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• vinny228
                  vinny228 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Could take 2-3 years for academy

• New Job
                  New Job commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can’t get Nassau as a new hire.
                  On the flip side you can be canvassed for Suffolk. There’s usually only a handful for that in each class.

• The entire process from start to finish takes about 1-2 years assumig there is an academy each year..... one word of advice... long island is on of the hardest locations to land.. first years almost never get long island... my advice is change to NYC as that will have the most need and then transfer to long island down the road in your career. Last thing you want is to finish the process and not get called because of your location preference

Comment

• Is it safe to say if you haven’t been given a date for a medical by now, that chances are you’re not getting into this upcoming academy?

Comment

• mooky3408
                    mooky3408 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They are contacting this week. Hang in there!

• Just to give you guys an idea. The 2009 test expired in 2016

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8464 users online. 342 members and 8122 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X