300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NY_Sccc_106 View Post
    I got a 89.5 and put in for NYC on canvass.. So far it doesn't look good for my grade... What are the chances if I switch my preference to upstate, I will be able to transfer back downstate in a year?
    How far upstate are you willing to travel for the job? When I was in the academy I had quite a few guys in the class who went upstate to get on the job. These guys though were single and haven’t started a family yet. So if you have a family that will be a life altering decision you’ll have to make with them. Will it increase your chances, it could. Depends on the needs of the courts upstate, where you’re willing to work upstate, and how well you do through the hiring process.
    Once you get to your command you can put in for your transfer to the city. Don’t know though if you would get the transfer within a year. You have to realize that there will be other people with seniority putting in transfers to the city as well. You’ll be on probation for two years so people who are off probation and have seniority will have preference over you. Also know that your command will work to get you transferred, but they are going to need someone to replace you quick. So it takes time to get transfers done. Unless your command can afford to let you go because they have enough personnel.
    I wouldn’t rule out NYC yet as the next test for the job will be in 2019. Then it will take close to a year when that list will get established. So your looking at sometime in 2020 when they will start canvassing from the 2019 list. In the meantime they will canvass and process people from the 2014 list.
    My advice is for you to be patient. Law Enforcement jobs have a long hiring process after you take the test. Think over of where you would be willing to work in upstate. Or take a chance to get canvassed for NYC, which could still happen. If you want this job bad enough, then you’ll find a way to get it. Best of luck to you.

Comment

• Has anyone received scores yet for the Court Assistant test that was given in October. They said 7-9 months so we are right in that timeframe

Comment

• Originally posted by TDD57 View Post

How far upstate are you willing to travel for the job? When I was in the academy I had quite a few guys in the class who went upstate to get on the job. These guys though were single and haven’t started a family yet. So if you have a family that will be a life altering decision you’ll have to make with them. Will it increase your chances, it could. Depends on the needs of the courts upstate, where you’re willing to work upstate, and how well you do through the hiring process.
        Once you get to your command you can put in for your transfer to the city. Don’t know though if you would get the transfer within a year. You have to realize that there will be other people with seniority putting in transfers to the city as well. You’ll be on probation for two years so people who are off probation and have seniority will have preference over you. Also know that your command will work to get you transferred, but they are going to need someone to replace you quick. So it takes time to get transfers done. Unless your command can afford to let you go because they have enough personnel.
        I wouldn’t rule out NYC yet as the next test for the job will be in 2019. Then it will take close to a year when that list will get established. So your looking at sometime in 2020 when they will start canvassing from the 2019 list. In the meantime they will canvass and process people from the 2014 list.
        My advice is for you to be patient. Law Enforcement jobs have a long hiring process after you take the test. Think over of where you would be willing to work in upstate. Or take a chance to get canvassed for NYC, which could still happen. If you want this job bad enough, then you’ll find a way to get it. Best of luck to you.
        Im a current state employee so there's a good chance id have seniority over some... Only dilemma is I own a house on Long Island... Thanks for the input a lot to think about

Comment

• Originally posted by vc859 View Post
          Has anyone received scores yet for the Court Assistant test that was given in October. They said 7-9 months so we are right in that timeframe
          Not yet I'm still waiting myself

Comment

• Originally posted by NY_Sccc_106 View Post

Im a current state employee so there's a good chance id have seniority over some... Only dilemma is I own a house on Long Island... Thanks for the input a lot to think about
            That’s a NEGATIVE on the seniority over people being a state employee from another agency. Your time and retirement tier from that state agency will transfer over to the courts, but for retirement purposes only. Not for seniority over other court officers and bumping rights. So you will start at the bottom of the totem seniority pole when you start with the courts.
            So think it over and discuss with your family of what would be best. Make sure it’s something you truly want and go for it when the time comes.

Comment

• Anyone have input on the beep test stages/levels? How many stages are in each level for example? Thanks

Comment

• I’ve seen that video. But there’s no sound. So I can’t tell when the stages/levels change

Comment

• Anyone heard/or been given a date for medical yet?

Comment

• Looks like they are canvassing from 91 and above. http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/index.shtml

Recruit Info

ATTENTION CANDIDATES:

Phase I of the screening process will be held as follows:

(FOR EXPIRED PAT’S ONLY)

For Candidates with Location Preference
                  JD 3-8 & NYC (All Boroughs), JD 9 & JD 10:

July 20, 2018 (In a NYC Location)

(FOR NEW CANDIDATES (SCORE 91 & ABOVE), RESCHEDULES AND RETESTERS)

August 20-24, 2018 & September 10, 2018 (In a NYC Location)

Comment

• Are they eventually bringing the academy back to NYC?

Comment

• Originally posted by stas526 View Post
                      Looks like they are canvassing from 91 and above. http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/index.shtml

Recruit Info

ATTENTION CANDIDATES:

Phase I of the screening process will be held as follows:

(FOR EXPIRED PAT’S ONLY)

July 20, 2018 (In a NYC Location)

(FOR NEW CANDIDATES (SCORE 91 & ABOVE), RESCHEDULES AND RETESTERS)

August 20-24, 2018 & September 10, 2018 (In a NYC Location)
                      So what does this mean for me, scored 92.5 with a JD 9 preference? Does that mean I have a chance at this Job?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Camean View Post

So what does this mean for me, scored 92.5 with a JD 9 preference? Does that mean I have a chance at this Job?!
                        I would have to say yes!! If they are calling you for the PAT, I would assume that's a good thing. I also got a 92.5. Best of luck

Comment

• Originally posted by stas526 View Post

I would have to say yes!! If they are calling you for the PAT, I would assume that's a good thing. I also got a 92.5. Best of luck
                          Did you receive my email? I know the website is stating that they are calling 91 and above but I did not see an email.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camean View Post

Did you receive my email? I know the website is stating that they are calling 91 and above but I did not see an email.
                            Just the original one a few weeks ago asking if you were still interested. I'm assuming we will receive another email before the week of Aug 20th with a date and time for PAT.

Comment

• According to the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York which is in charge of the Brooklyn site Academy the completion of most work was to be complete by May 2018. The new location located at Classon Ave. and St.Johns Place should presumably be ready for the next academy class if not then within the very near future. Keep focus on getting into the academy whether it's in Brooklyn or Upstate NY. Good luck to all and best wishes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10710 users online. 363 members and 10347 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X