300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just like to piggyback off of PACE.
    I too went through a long waiting process for the job. I took the written exam twice. I took it in ‘05 & ‘09. I passed the exam in ‘05, but scored in the low 70’s and OCA didn’t reach my score on that list. Took the exam again in ‘09 and did much better with a score in the high 80’s. But during my time from the ‘09 list I lost my job with the state due to budget cuts. Cuts that were made from the fiscal crisis the state was in. On top of that I also had to endure the state’s hiring freeze. While I waited I took as many LE tests that I could just to get a start somewhere. Then I got the canvass letter for the Court Officer job in ‘12. Went through the long hiring process, took the PAT twice, and then finally got the call for academy in the Fall of ‘14. It was the best call I’ve ever received because of all of the hard work and patience I put in. That’s what you have to put in......hard work & patience. If this job is the job you truly want, then waiting for it should not be a problem. Yes it can be frustrating, but it should never be the deciding factor to give up. In fact it should be motivation to prove to the job, and more importantly yourself, that you are the best person for the job. Hang in there people. Keep working, keep yourself clean, and in the end your shot for the job will come calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDD57 View Post
      Just like to piggyback off of PACE.
      I too went through a long waiting process for the job. I took the written exam twice. I took it in ‘05 & ‘09. I passed the exam in ‘05, but scored in the low 70’s and OCA didn’t reach my score on that list. Took the exam again in ‘09 and did much better with a score in the high 80’s. But during my time from the ‘09 list I lost my job with the state due to budget cuts. Cuts that were made from the fiscal crisis the state was in. On top of that I also had to endure the state’s hiring freeze. While I waited I took as many LE tests that I could just to get a start somewhere. Then I got the canvass letter for the Court Officer job in ‘12. Went through the long hiring process, took the PAT twice, and then finally got the call for academy in the Fall of ‘14. It was the best call I’ve ever received because of all of the hard work and patience I put in. That’s what you have to put in......hard work & patience. If this job is the job you truly want, then waiting for it should not be a problem. Yes it can be frustrating, but it should never be the deciding factor to give up. In fact it should be motivation to prove to the job, and more importantly yourself, that you are the best person for the job. Hang in there people. Keep working, keep yourself clean, and in the end your shot for the job will come calling.
      Also very glad to hear things turned out in your favor. Life has a funny way of kicking you down and then bringing you back up. Just gotta endure the hard part.

Comment

• Hi all,
        any word on when the next exam will be? I scored a 89.5 on the last exam in 2014 but to my understanding the list is expiring Sept. 2018 and they are still only calling scores of 93 and above off of it. thanks in advance !

Comment

• Just wanted to check in and see if anyone who did their physical ability test yesterday got any information in regards to the next step or when the medicals were going to be conducted. Thanks.

Comment

• McC607
            McC607 commented
            Editing a comment
            They said that they are not sure when the next academy is going to be, they did say when you hear of a medical date, expect an academy date soon after as the medical is only good for a month.

• Can anyone (those on the job already or those going through the screening process) tell me if they have had any issues with psych evaluations? Do they ask if you go to therapy or force you to provide your treatment history? if so, how strict are they with who they discriminate against? I am worried this will be a problem for me when I get to that step. Can they deny me the job? thanks in advance

Comment

• Brute34690
            Brute34690 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes if they feel you are a liability you will not be given any further consideration. Mental health and ability to cope with stress are really big in law enforcement now a days.

• Seem to be alot of retesting and reschedule going on, does anybody have any timeline when the next set of test scores will be called to begin the process for NYC and JD's 9&10?
          Last edited by Libman22; 05-04-2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Bklyn913
            Bklyn913 commented
            Editing a comment
            I emailed them a month ago. They told me it's been delayed because of retesting. They don't expect to canvass the list again until the Fall or even later. They even told me "IF" they even canvass the list again.

• just curious what does topped out guy usually make with soft money and overtime?

Comment

• What is the drug screening process like? do they take hair off your head? blood? urine?

Comment

• I just noticed the PAT re-takes for both upstate and city are both being conducted in the city in July. Maybe a possibility that’s because there could be an upstate class going on at that time and they couldn’t reserve another area? Or could just be convenient for them to do them down there in 2 days? Here’s to hoping..

Comment

• Apparently they have a bid up for September 6th - December 20th of court officer lodging upstate.

That is the date for the next academy. Pending any last minute changes or delays.

https://www.nyscr.ny.gov/iframes/ope...8-C19C655CA2F2

What are some of your list numbers those who are waiting?

Comment

• McC607
                  McC607 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you! Same, waiting on medical 15,5

• SECFOR36
                  SECFOR36 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Who said the list expires in October ?

• oscar_rodrigez
                  oscar_rodrigez commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Also the bid says 65 Double occupancy rooms. So that means about 130 people for the academy!

No problem for posting. They wont tell us anything so we gotta do the digging! haha

• JakeDaSnake
                  JakeDaSnake commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It was my understanding that the 2014 test expires in 4years..which would be this fall..? No?

• Anyone else receive an email today requesting availability for phase 1? Says they are canvassing candidates with scores of 90 and above.

Comment

• Bklyn913
                  Bklyn913 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did. Not sure what it means though. I guess they're trying to see if we're still interested in a position.

• gratednerve
                  gratednerve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup I did too.

• When they say:

Phase I of the screening process will be held as follows:” and “For Candidates with Location Preferences NYC (All Boroughs), JD 9 & JD 10:
                July 20, 2018 (In a NYC location)”

are they referring to retest of candidates that were initially tested last year? Or do they plan on starting phase 1 with some candidates that have not been called for phase 1?

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/index.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by Camean View Post
                  When they say:

Phase I of the screening process will be held as follows:” and “For Candidates with Location Preferences NYC (All Boroughs), JD 9 & JD 10:
                  July 20, 2018 (In a NYC location)”

are they referring to retest of candidates that were initially tested last year? Or do they plan on starting phase 1 with some candidates that have not been called for phase 1?

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/index.shtml
                  I clicked on the link and it says for "
                  (FOR RETESTERS & RESCHEDULES ONLY)

Comment

• Originally posted by kk30 View Post

I clicked on the link and it says for "
                    (FOR RETESTERS & RESCHEDULES ONLY)
                    You are correct. I’m not sure how I missed that.

Comment

• I got a 89.5 and put in for NYC on canvass.. So far it doesn't look good for my grade... What are the chances if I switch my preference to upstate, I will be able to transfer back downstate in a year?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10208 users online. 351 members and 9857 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X