Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody heard anything in regards to the next academy? Also has anyone been given a medical date yet? Thanks in advance

Comment

• Stevesmith88
      Stevesmith88 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d say late February, early March. Don’t quote me on that, just based off the patterns of the previous academy’s. Hope that helps.
      Also, if you don’t mind me asking. After your one-to-one psychological interview, how long did it take you to hear from your investigator that you were cleared for the board? Good luck the rest of the way.

• I would let your investigator know that you passed your psych eval. Speaking from experience they may not be notified that you passed and it's always good to keep them in the loop regardless.

Comment

• I saw on Instagram under the NY courts page that there is a new academy location in Brooklyn and it said there will be an academy graduating from there in the spring of 2018. I wonder if that means if they are only having a NYC academy coming up next or that will be the new location for all academy’s... anyone know anything on this?

Comment

• SECFOR36
        SECFOR36 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know if they are only running an NYC academy in the spring, but the upstate academy will still be used for upstate classes. The Brooklyn location will be for NYC

• Been on the job for about a month and curious as to how MSP works. Much wasn't said in the academy about it and guys in the command don't know too much about it. Could anyone shed some light on it? How the schedule works, overtime opportunities, how to get into it. Very interested in one day getting on it but want to know how it works

Comment

• Need time on the job to get into MSP and a good sized hook.

Comment

• Has anybody (in the Jurisdictions 3-8 area) received and calls or gotten any emails of any news regarding the next academy? I got medically cleared before the last academy thinking I was going to get in but I guess I was a few people shy.. I would of thought I would of heard something by now with the rumors of the next academy to be Feb or March.. if anyone has any info i’d Appreciate hearing anything.. Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by mmess View Post
            Has anybody (in the Jurisdictions 3-8 area) received and calls or gotten any emails of any news regarding the next academy? I got medically cleared before the last academy thinking I was going to get in but I guess I was a few people shy.. I would of thought I would of heard something by now with the rumors of the next academy to be Feb or March.. if anyone has any info i’d Appreciate hearing anything.. Thx

I havent heard anything but it would seem they would be have medical within the next 2 weeks if they were running an academy in March. Maybe they are not running a spring upstate academy?

Comment

• Has anyone not been able to get in contact with their investigator?

Comment

• SECFOR36
                SECFOR36 commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven’t had any issues, how long has it been since you were able to make any contact?

• MS85
                MS85 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's been several weeks. But I did pass the oral psych interview.

• Received an email today wanting more info about my background (specifics about accidents in the past,job history, etc.) is this normal? Anyone had experience with this?

Comment

• Yea this is normal. When I was in the middle of my BI, I was contacted by my investigator to further explain things like accidents and and some other things that didn’t have a lot of detail on the original questionnaire.

Comment

• Has anyone been given a date for a medical appointment yet?

Comment

• mooky3408
                    mooky3408 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Still waiting as well, have not heard anything yet.

• I also am still waiting for a medical date.... i assume they will start medicals sometime this month and probably have an academy at the very beginning of april. Keep me posted if anyone gets a medical appointment. Thanks.

Comment

• Vn19,
                    are you jurisdictions 3-8?? I am in that location and also waiting for another medical assuming the next academy is for upstate. Took medical last September and cleared it but was never called for academy..

Comment

• I am jd 9-10. I also took my medical in August . From what I understand they have a facility in brooklyn opening up for down state jurisdictions and they will continue holding academies in the albany location as well. Not sure if they will be run simultaneously but i was told i need to retake my medical as they are only good for 90 days. I guess once we get our medical dates we will know the academy is going to happen soon

Comment

• Hey can anyone explain what the deal is with their pension? I heard something like it was 32 years and you have to be 62, is that true?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10630 users online. 414 members and 10216 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X