Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard any news on when the next academy will be? I have heard mid January/February. Just wanted to know if there any concrete information out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vn19 View Post
      Has anyone heard any news on when the next academy will be? I have heard mid January/February. Just wanted to know if there any concrete information out there.
      I've heard early-March

Comment

• Can someone help explain this to me? This salary structure was posted which could be off depending on which JD/contract etc. but using it as a baseline... let's say you're hired in January, you start at hiring rate for JG-16 plus location pay and then in April you would get a "1st year" raise because April is when those raises are given?, or does it go by your date of hire.

Theoretically if that is the case you would receive 3 raises in the first 2 years of employment depending on what time of the year you're hired?

Also, once you complete the probationary period on JG-16, do you automatically go to hiring grade salary for JG-19 or 1st year JG-19? Just trying to understand how it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by officerhopeful99 View Post
          Can someone help explain this to me? This salary structure was posted which could be off depending on which JD/contract etc. but using it as a baseline... let's say you're hired in January, you start at hiring rate for JG-16 plus location pay and then in April you would get a "1st year" raise because April is when those raises are given?, or does it go by your date of hire.

Theoretically if that is the case you would receive 3 raises in the first 2 years of employment depending on what time of the year you're hired?

Also, once you complete the probationary period on JG-16, do you automatically go to hiring grade salary for JG-19 or 1st year JG-19? Just trying to understand how it works.
          When you get hired you are a JG-16, on a two year probation, then bumped to a JG-19 upon completion of the probation. Now you must be on the job for six months (when you first get hired) to get the pay bump in April. If you are not, you don’t get the pay bump. You’ll have to wait until the following April to get it. Every April is the beginning of the fiscal year and that is when you get the pay bumps ,which is negotiated by our union, for 7 years. After that you are done with the pay bumps and you are at top pay of your position. Unless a new contract is negotiated with the state and you can get a pay bump when the contract goes through. But that is a one time transaction.
          Of course you can also get a pay raise through promotions.
          Hope that helped and answer your questions.

Comment

• Anyone else get a PAT retest date?

Comment

Anyone else get a PAT retest date?
              Yes. PAT results from 8/16 are expiring soon. smh

Comment

Anyone else get a PAT retest date?
                yes got the email the other day.

Comment

• Has anyone else received the background evaluation board email? How long does it usually take to hear on a medical date?

Comment

• Congratulations!!! to all who are graduating from the academy. You’ve earned the right to become a NYS Court Officer through your hard work and dedication. Soon you’ll be reporting to your commands and starting your careers. My advices for you is-
                    To be a sponge and absorb the advice of the senior officers. Especially the ones who are looking out for you and have your back.
                    Show up to work on time, do the job you were trained to do, and don’t BS your bosses. Be dependable and reliable.
                    Last but not least learn from your mistakes and try not to repeat them. Best of luck to you guys and once again congrats!!!!
                    As for the people who are still waiting for certain steps to be completed in hiring process, continue to be patient. The call will come and hopefully you’ll be in position to accept the job. We need dependable, reliable, and people who really want the job. Best of luck to you guys as well!!

Comment

• I have the upcoming PAT as well. I was looking over the whole process on there website but did not see at what point a panel interview occurs. Anyone know?

Comment

• Has anyone been given a date for their medical yet? I have been cleared but my medical has expired so i just wanted to know if those appointments has been given out yet.

Comment

• Can anyone advise on how someone would be able to change their judicial district or desired place of employment. I'm ready to dump NYC and go to Westchester

Comment

• When is the next class expected?

Comment

• MS85
                              MS85 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I've been hearing mid-March

• I received a canvas letter almost a year ago and still haven’t heard anything Does anybody have an idea about when I should hear something

Comment

• MS85
                              MS85 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Not sure what your rank or JD is. But I know there are people near #20000 who recently took the PAT and started the background

Last edited by JFD516; 03-05-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5350 users online. 296 members and 5054 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X