Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have a decent chance of getting processed for upstate next year, you had no chance with that score for jd9 imo. Even if a test will happen in 2018 it would be fall of 2019 or so before they cut off 2014 list.

Comment

• So no chance for NYC with a score of 88? Figured. Alot of people told me id get called for sure in NYC...never believed it.

Comment

• There's always a chance depending on how many get hired, and how long this list stays active. Class that's in academy now is only 2nd from this list and next one probably not until march. About as many people scored a 92.5 for NYC as have been canvassed so far.

Comment

• 93* So far for nyc.

Comment

• So... still a legit chance at getting called with a 88 for NYC?

Comment

• Iloveviews
              Iloveviews commented
              Editing a comment
              88 is def possible just be patient. I chose jd10 w a 86.5 (long shot I know). Our exams are staying up through the end of 2018 at least. Even if the exam is given next year it is usually administered around fall and it takes at least 6 months for grading which will drag to early 2019.

• Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
            So... still a legit chance at getting called with a 88 for NYC?
            The Court Officer position is filled based on the needs of the Courts. Is there a chance you'll be canvassed for NYC with a score of 88,....sure. Is there a guarantee you'll be canvassed for NYC with a score of 88,....no. We do need people in both NYC and Upstate. If you want (and if you haven't already) you can switch your preference to upstate to better your chances. But know this, NO ONE will guarantee you the job when you go through the hiring process. You'll have your chances and the process only goes as far as you make it to be. Best of luck.

Comment

• Hi all, back with some questions. I have heard that it takes a few weeks to get an answer regarding the oral psych, but roughly how long after oral psych have people waited to hear regarding board approval? Or, is there no such notification about board approval and you just wait to hear for the last medical?

Additionally, are there any other rumored or confirmed academies soon?

And I've heard upstate and Suffolk have contracts - does that mean the numbers posted here for salary or on the COT website are inaccurate for those areas or accurate for all areas like Nassau and it is higher in Suffolk and upstate?

Thank you.

Comment

• Anyone know?

Comment

• Originally posted by officerhopeful99 View Post
                  Hi all, back with some questions. I have heard that it takes a few weeks to get an answer regarding the oral psych, but roughly how long after oral psych have people waited to hear regarding board approval? Or, is there no such notification about board approval and you just wait to hear for the last medical?

Additionally, are there any other rumored or confirmed academies soon?

And I've heard upstate and Suffolk have contracts - does that mean the numbers posted here for salary or on the COT website are inaccurate for those areas or accurate for all areas like Nassau and it is higher in Suffolk and upstate?

Thank you.
                  Normally it takes about a month to hear back from your oral psych. Once the results come back from your oral they compile everything and submit it for board review. That process takes about 2-3 weeks to which you are notified via email that you either passed or failed board review. Before entering any academy you will need to pass a mini medical. Passing the medical exam does not guarantee your appointment to the academy. It is based on need and location preferences. As far as the next academy i am hearing sometime next year around February or march. Not really sure where it will be held but i would say to expect calls for the academy around January if in fact the academy is to be held in February/ march.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me or respond that has been called for the academy for 10th JD/Suffolk from the '14 test and what your rank # was?

trying to determine how long I'll need to wait/if it's even possible before the list expires again. I'm rank 15xx

Comment

• Originally posted by officerhopeful99 View Post
                      Can anyone tell me or respond that has been called for the academy for 10th JD/Suffolk from the '14 test and what your rank # was?

trying to determine how long I'll need to wait/if it's even possible before the list expires again. I'm rank 15xx
                      Can anyone chime in please on any insight you may have/personal experience?

(Maybe even anyone from '09 that was hired for 10th JD, how long it took and what your rank # was // what rank # was reached for 10th before expiration of list)

Comment

Last edited by JFD516; 03-05-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Officerhopeful99- No one can give you a clear time table. The process goes by the needs of the Courts and how YOU make the process to be. Some people process quickly and some take more time because they might need to get additional information for their BI. So you have to be patient through the process and do what you are told.

JFD516- Being OTJ you pretty much know the drill. Sorry that I can’t or anyone can give you a time table as well. Good to hear you want to come back NY and hopefully you can get on with us

Sorry I haven’t been on for a while. I’ll try to keep up with checking in and answer questions to the best of my ability. There is an academy going on right now and will be graduating soon. For the ones that are processing for the job, please continue to working hard to get the call. Also please be sure that this is the job you want to do. Not just to “see” if this is something you “might” be interested in doing. If that is the case, you’ll be in for a rude reality check on DAY ONE of the academy. You’ll be taking a job away from someone who really wanted to be there. Best of luck to you all!!!

Comment

Last edited by JFD516; 03-05-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFD516 View Post
                              How many years is it to top pay? And now what’s the overtime look like? I know I’ll be taking a big pay cut if I get the job but nothing is more important then being with your family and friends, just looking for an idea to save accordingly while I can.
                              After you graduate from the academy you’ll be a Grade 16 on a two year probation period. After those two years you’ll be bumped up to a Grade 19 getting paid bumps for 7 years. Top pay should be around (making a guess because I don’t have the actual info in front of me) 78-79,000. Of course you’ll also get pay increases with promotions in rank as well. Also with new contracts with the state (by our union) you’ll recieve a percentage in raise of pay with that contract regardless if you have surpassed the 7 year period.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5257 users online. 234 members and 5023 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X