Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have not recieved confirmation of clearing BI. Only correspondence that I've recieved was that my psych was completed and was referred to move forward in the process. Other than that, nothing at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhelvie View Post
      Have not recieved confirmation of clearing BI. Only correspondence that I've recieved was that my psych was completed and was referred to move forward in the process. Other than that, nothing at this point.
      Followup with your BI to see if there's anything else needed currently considering that you cleared psych (nice to keep them posted on that)

Comment

• Anyone know about how much notice they give before offering you a spot in an academy ie 1 week, 2 weeks, etc because I've seen on this forum someone getting the call 3 days before an academy started which doesn't give a lot of time to tell current employers and what not

Comment

• Jbroome517
          Jbroome517 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was called and a Friday and told be at the academy on Wednesday. I worked for my employer for about 14 years and left them that day. I felt bad but taking this job was the best decision of my life.

• Originally posted by SECFOR36 View Post
        Hey guys, it seems this once very active forum has fizzled out which is unfortunate because this used to be a great resource, it would seem according to some of the previous posts that there is another academy right around the corner and I figured there would be a lot more activity on here as to where candidates were in the pipeline. I took my PAT in March, took the written psych and met with BI in May and had my oral psych in June, I received an email early July that I was cleared from my psych and allowed to continue on, it seems some others are right on the same track as myself, just wondering how many are actually allready cleared and are awaiting medical for this upcoming (if there even is one ) academy?
        What would you like to know? I heard that September will be the next class. Overall Not much has changed. Still working short staffed. No contract for the city and 9th JD (although there is a meeting next week). OT is still very command specific.
        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Is it safe to assume that if you did not get a email for the medical step before august, you're out of the race for the academy on September?

Comment

• KasaNova
            KasaNova commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear they are trying to get through everyone in the board. So calls/ emails should be coming in the next couple weeks about med appointments. This is the last batch for the upcoming academy. Don't give up hope just yet! Good luck!

• I took the test back in 2013 I believe, got canvassed april 2015 and nothing after that

Comment

• A group of candidates did their pre-appointment medical last week and were told OCA would "try" to start calling people for the academy this week

Also, could someone describe what the academy is like? Will housing be provided? Whats the schedule like? Etc

Comment

• Originally posted by JL890 View Post
              A group of candidates did their pre-appointment medical last week and were told OCA would "try" to start calling people for the academy this week

Also, could someone describe what the academy is like? Will housing be provided? Whats the schedule like? Etc
              The academy is Mon-Fri, 9-5 with weekends and holidays off. Daily schedule will consist of Physical Traing and class room work. Classes on the Penal Law, Criminal Prosedure Law, court procedure, defensive tactics, and so forth. Lodging is provided at the upstate academy and is run para military style. Which means the instructors run it like a boot camp. Now if you can't handle being spoken to in a "stern" manner, then the job will not be for you. The academy will prepare you for the job that hopefully will be one you truly want. Be the person that WANTS to be there. If you quit in the academy, you are taking a job away from someone that wanted to be there. We need people. Be prepared mentally and physically. Show up early and not on time. If you are on time, your late. The academy will be what you make of it. The better prepared you are, the better you will be for it.

Best of luck to all who will be receiving their calls for the final medical. If you get the call for appointment into the academy, then the real fun begins. You'll meet people from all over and start the bond of being a NYS Court Officer. It's by far the best job I've ever had and hopefully you'll find it that way as well.

Comment

• Just got the call for the sept 5th class, grats to all that get the call and see you there.

Comment

• Joel P
                  Joel P commented
                  Editing a comment
                  May I ask when you took the PAT and the pych interview? Ps congrats!!!!

• Does anyone know Were they have u stay for the acedemy?

Comment

• Jbroome517
                  Jbroome517 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  At a hotel in the area

• Anyone else from the Buffalo area get into the Sept 5th Academy?

Comment

• Trying my best to prepare while also living on budget and need a little info. Aside from the approximate $1400 I will need the first 2 weeks of the academy, would I need more by graduation or immediately after graduation? And if so, anyone know about how much?

Thanks for any info!

Comment

• I did my medical exam on 8/9. Received an email from the courts HR Staffing person to fill out a Personal History Questionnaire Addendum on 8/14.. I still have not heard anything since.. Is anyone in that same situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maria2theV View Post
                      Trying my best to prepare while also living on budget and need a little info. Aside from the approximate $1400 I will need the first 2 weeks of the academy, would I need more by graduation or immediately after graduation? And if so, anyone know about how much?

Thanks for any info!
                      As far as I know...that's all we need.
                      New York State Court Officer Trainee Exam 45-784

Comment

• Got the call for the academy on thursday and just a few questions for guys that went through the academy recently. Been doing intense training since july and was just wondering what daily PT consists of and do you have PT exams? Any info on what the numbers you have to reach are and what happens if you dont pass the PT exams? Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone that got or is getting called on sept 5th!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9720 users online. 366 members and 9354 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X