300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vc859 View Post

Thanks. I decided to put in for the test yesterday.

Do do you know how the JG payscale compares with the SG payscale. Is JG-16 near equal to SG-16?

Also if you are coming from a state agency, do they include the Hudson valley or downstate adjustment in the salary matching
    Not on the job but from what i understand they do location pay for downstate. What they consider downstate? I'm not entirely sure.
    New York State Court Officer Trainee Exam 45-784

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

No. You actually have to pay the City. Then they pay you back over 25 years.
      yes, you pay the Fed, state and the city because it is called "taxes". Simple question, are you hired to be in the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Want2BCO View Post

yes, you pay the Fed, state and the city because it is called "taxes". Simple question, are you hired to be in the academy?
        While you are in the academy, you are getting paid. The academy is the beginning of your career as a Court Officer, so yes you would have a salary. Also you start with the health benefits, paying into the Empire Retirement System, paying union dues, and Derfer Comp. So all the perks and benny's come to you at the very beginning. With that said though you are also on a two year probation to prove if you are in deed capable of doing the job.

Comment

• I have just recently completed my psych evaluation. Are you informed if you are deemed suitable to move forward? And if so, how long after does it typically take? I completely understand it's a long process and it probably differs depending on a handful or variable. Just trying to get an idea.

Comment

• Ward98tj
            Ward98tj commented
            Editing a comment
            It took three weeks for me to hear from them that I passed the psych portion of the process.

• Does anyone have an idea when they might start calling the next round for Physical Ability Test. Scored a 92.5, just missed last round by 1/2 point. Thanks, good luck to all.

Comment

• Jemma08
            Jemma08 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just went to PAT on Tuesday, they said that they do no anticipate another for this yr as the academy is set to start Sept 5. Expect next PAT in the spring.

• Originally posted by Bhelvie View Post
          I have just recently completed my psych evaluation. Are you informed if you are deemed suitable to move forward? And if so, how long after does it typically take? I completely understand it's a long process and it probably differs depending on a handful or variable. Just trying to get an idea.
          I've been waiting since October.

Comment

• Any word on if the academy that is starting on September 5th going to held in both downstate and upstate or just upstate?

Comment

• Jemma08
              Jemma08 commented
              Editing a comment
              upstate. Brooklyn is not finished, yet.

• Originally posted by mike17 View Post
            Any word on if the academy that is starting on September 5th going to held in both downstate and upstate or just upstate?
            Upstate from what I've heard

Comment

• Got the nod to move on past the psych today, pretty excited. Curious about the board review. Do canadates get removed in this step often? I know it's never a sure in but how good are the chances after passing the psych.

Comment

• Terpwrestler71
                Terpwrestler71 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey just wondering when did you have your pysch evaluation, just to see how long the wait was for you. Thanks!

• Phalenxz
                Phalenxz commented
                Editing a comment
                3.5 weeks it comes via email.

• I passed mine too, I just haven't heard anything at all from my backround investigator. I tried calling/leaving one message and emailing. I have heard no news is good news but they told us to be in contact with them. Anyone else have trouble getting in touch with their BI?

Comment

• MS85
                MS85 commented
                Editing a comment
                You received confirmation after the written psych that you passed?

• Phalenxz
                Phalenxz commented
                Editing a comment
                Took the written and on our way out they scheduled us for a pysch interview a month later. Had the interview and then 3.5 weeks later received an email that in regards to the psychological evaluation the court administration determined that I could move forward with the process. The email covers the written and interview aspect.

• Hey everyone, I'm waiting to be called for the final medical. I chose the 10th JD & rank is 13xx. I called for an update and they said I was not "reachable" at this time. Anyone know how it's looking for my district?

Comment

• Hey guys, it seems this once very active forum has fizzled out which is unfortunate because this used to be a great resource, it would seem according to some of the previous posts that there is another academy right around the corner and I figured there would be a lot more activity on here as to where candidates were in the pipeline. I took my PAT in March, took the written psych and met with BI in May and had my oral psych in June, I received an email early July that I was cleared from my psych and allowed to continue on, it seems some others are right on the same track as myself, just wondering how many are actually allready cleared and are awaiting medical for this upcoming (if there even is one ) academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by SECFOR36 View Post
                  Hey guys, it seems this once very active forum has fizzled out which is unfortunate because this used to be a great resource, it would seem according to some of the previous posts that there is another academy right around the corner and I figured there would be a lot more activity on here as to where candidates were in the pipeline. I took my PAT in March, took the written psych and met with BI in May and had my oral psych in June, I received an email early July that I was cleared from my psych and allowed to continue on, it seems some others are right on the same track as myself, just wondering how many are actually allready cleared and are awaiting medical for this upcoming (if there even is one ) academy?
                  This thread/forum is still a great source of getting information. Sometimes though people get answers they don't want to hear or "how" it is told to them. Answers that are bold, non sugar coated, and sometimes harsh matter of fact. People have to realize LE jobs are like that with "busting chops" to go along with it. So hopefully possible candidates will continue to communicate about the process, with people OTJ giving advise and info. As of right now there is a tentative academy class going in on September 5th. The next month should be busy for you guys getting through the process to get the class together. So at this point stay in shape and stay out of trouble. Most of you are almost done the process. It would be a shame to do something really stupid to flush your hard work and effort down the toilet. With that best of luck to those on the cusp getting the call.

Comment

• With the word of a possible academy in the beginning of September has anyone heard back about board clearance or final medical appointments yet?

Comment

• SECFOR36
                      SECFOR36 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think there is a group of people who have been cleared for a while it seems, but I haven't heard anything since being cleared to move forward after my
                      oral psych, did you receive an email that you're background investigation had concluded? Or that you were being reviewed by the evaluation board?

• Cleared BI. Seemed to have my Psych interview expedited and I did it last week. Keeping fingers crossed for the momentum carrying through on medical and board approval if making it to 9/5 in Albany.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7006 users online. 334 members and 6672 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X