Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the psych interview they ask you to be professionally groomed, does that mean no facial hair?

Comment

• mc_callan462
      mc_callan462 commented
      Editing a comment
      The department I work for now we are required to be clean shaven daily. I would say yes to be clean shaven for the psych interview.

• Originally posted by Samsonn357 View Post
    For the psych interview they ask you to be professionally groomed, does that mean no facial hair?
    Be clean shaven. No stubble, no nothing.
    New York State Court Officer Trainee Exam 45-784

Comment

• Question for any current Court Officer or someone with knowledge of how civil service pay works. I'm currently a nys grade 14 in omh. I know that as a Court Officer you begin as a 16 then to a 19. My current pay is much higher than the starting pay of a Court Officer. I have heard that my pay would stay the same until I caught up on their payscale. I've heard I'd get a 2% pay raise per grade if I get the job. I've also heard that I'd have to start at the Court Officer starting pay. Can anyone clarify this or direct me to someone who can? I've had no luck with Albany

Comment

• cbmzx10
        cbmzx10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes , i have heard both sides as well, I would like a for sure awnser. I would hope the pay stays the same.

• Can't swear that the law hasn't changed since I retired, but when I was on the job, if you were permanent civil service, your salary could not be lowered if you change titles.

If I remember correctly the above applies to permanent, civil service, State employees. Not sure that it counts for employees coming over from other government jurisdictions.
      Last edited by Dinosaur32; 06-29-2017, 08:50 PM. Reason: Adding info

Comment

• Foggy016
        Foggy016 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I thought the same as well, but have heard many different answers.

• So supposedly the next exam is in 2018 but it feels way to soon...this exam has not even had a chance to get deeper into the list.

any chance this exam will reach into the 11,000s number?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
        So supposedly the next exam is in 2018 but it feels way to soon...this exam has not even had a chance to get deeper into the list.

any chance this exam will reach into the 11,000s number?
        I called their hiring unit a while back, they said the next test is in 2019.

Comment

• A test has a shelf life of 4 years, with a possible extension of a 5th year. Hearing that the next test won't be until 2019 sounds like the current test has been extended. So for the people who want to take the next test, take other test's as well. When 2019 rolls around and you are still interested, take it. Always keep your options open and if you get called for the Court Officer postion then you can take if you want to.

Comment

• Do you get paid while you're in the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Klav View Post
              Do you get paid while you're in the academy?
              How do you expect to live? Serious question

Comment

• Klav
                Klav commented
                Editing a comment
                It was my assumption that you do get paid based on the fact that they must expect you need money to live, provide for families, etc. However someone told me they do not pay you to be there which did not seem correct to me.

• Anyone else waiting to do their medical?

Comment

• Did you receive the psych evaluation email stating that you can move foward with the process? I recently got that email too, and not sure if the medical comes after that email .

Comment

• Foggy016
                  Foggy016 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have already done the psych and passed the board review. medical is final step. just seeing if anyone else is waiting. ive been waiting since march..lol

• Does anyone have any information about the Court Assistant title and test they are giving later this year? On the OCA website for the academy it says that at least some of them are peace officers.

Comment

• No guns....last time I looked

Comment

• Originally posted by Klav View Post
                    Do you get paid while you're in the academy?
                    No. You actually have to pay the City. Then they pay you back over 25 years.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                      No guns....last time I looked
                      Thanks. I decided to put in for the test yesterday.

Do do you know how the JG payscale compares with the SG payscale. Is JG-16 near equal to SG-16?

Also if you are coming from a state agency, do they include the Hudson valley or downstate adjustment in the salary matching

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4410 users online. 209 members and 4201 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X