Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi Everyone:

    I am scheduled for my pre-screening med on 12/20. If I pass then it seems that I might get an appointment for the medical exam about two weeks after that.
    My question is about how much time would I have between the medical exam and taking the fitness exam?
    I am trying to prepare myself accordingly and things seem to be moving very quickly. Anyone pass these stages already?

    Thanks for any responses.

    Rank #24xx NYC
    Last edited by tnf; 12-12-2010, 12:13 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tnf View Post
      Hi Everyone:

      I am scheduled for my pre-screening med on 12/20. If I pass then it seems that I might get an appointment for the medical exam about two weeks after that.
      My question is about how much time would I have between the medical exam and taking the fitness exam?
      I am trying to prepare myself accordingly and things seem to be moving very quickly. Anyone pass these stages already?

      Thanks for any responses.

      Rank #2490 NYC
      I'd be interested in knowing this, too.

      Comment


      • I was told it would be a few weeks after the full medical if I pass.

        Comment


        • Really? Wow that soon. Thanks for response.

          Comment


          • Hello everyone. Reading all this, it sounds good for me and others in my situation. I scored an 86.7 my rank is approx. 72** and it appears that the list is moving quickly. I'm hoping that they reach me within the next year.

            Comment


            • LampshadeNYC,

              I am surprised that you got canvassed for another JD after you accepted NYC. I would love for that to happen to me because I live in Suffolk. I would guess that the process is the same length. The academy is still in NYC and if there are positions in Suffolk that need to be filled I would think it would move just as fast. What was your score?
              Last edited by Kannons610; 12-10-2010, 05:04 PM.

              Comment


              • Hey I got canvassed for the Suffolk and also for district 9 ( dutchess orange rockland...). The letter said this was a one time chance to switch eligable lists... I have my apt. for the city mini med on tues but i am going to decline and go for the district 9 list because I live in those areas. Any one else get multiple letters? Not sure how to cancle my apt.

                Comment


                • I don't know what to do, i've been canvassed by both as well but i have my full medical in two weeks. do i switch and keep the same medical date or do i need a new one for the different jurisdiction. also will the 9th be hiring as soon as nyc, how many positions are availible in the 9th?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by britta View Post
                    Anyone know how fast the beat of the metronome is? I've just been doing the stairmaster and running to get my legs in better shape but I'm curious to know how fast I'll have to do the steps.
                    Check out the website for the US Border Patrol. They have the actual recording that is used which you can download and practice with.

                    Comment


                    • I just got canvassed by JD9 and Suffolk in the same envelope.. Already accepted NYC, passed the pre-screening, have the full medical scheduled 12/20. I live in Brooklyn, so I guess I'm staying in the city.

                      Comment


                      • I also recieved a letter today for Suffolf and I already accepted NYC and took my pre-med. The letter does say that this is a one time offer and I have till Dec 15 to answer.interesting..........
                        NYPD Promotional Exam #0517 List #x
                        Got the call @ 1330
                        To God be the glory....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Nynb215 View Post
                          I don't know what to do, i've been canvassed by both as well but i have my full medical in two weeks. do i switch and keep the same medical date or do i need a new one for the different jurisdiction. also will the 9th be hiring as soon as nyc, how many positions are availible in the 9th?
                          Looks like a chance you'll have to take, but being you are in the 1st round of canvassing I would say your chances of getting into the 9th (if it's your preference) is pretty good.

                          Comment


                          • I too received letters for the 9th jd and Suffolk. I went to the pre medical for NYC last week. Being that I am from Suffolk I would obviously prefer that. Not sure what to do. I guess I will email on Monday. If anyone has any info, it'd be appreciated.
                            Last edited by Retriever; 12-11-2010, 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Retriever View Post
                              I too received letters for the 9th jd and Suffolk. I went to the pre medical for NYC last week. Being that I am from Suffolk I would obviously prefer that. Not sure what to do. I guess I will email on Monday. If anyone has any info, it'd be appreciated.
                              So I found the answer to my question...lol I didn't see the memorandum in the envelope stating this was a one time chance to change your conditional appointment! Now excuse me while I get back to losing weight

                              Comment


                              • I received letters for the 9th jd and Suffolk on yesterday. Declining and staying with NYC where I live.

                                Rank #24xx NYC
                                Last edited by tnf; 12-12-2010, 12:13 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7577 users online. 362 members and 7215 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X