X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis64
    replied
    I tried about 3 emails and 2 voicemails no response ever...upstate

edit..they switched my investigator 2 weeks ago the email must of got deleted by accident.
    Last edited by Travis64; 03-09-2020, 08:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Virgil_Tibbs
    commented on 's reply
    I would contact my investigator ASAP...you downstate or Upstate?

• Travis64
    replied
    All i did was physical and background interview never scheduled for a psychology

Leave a comment:

• AMP519
    commented on 's reply
    Did you pass psych?

• Travis64
    replied
    I just got this email
    “Please be advised, in accordance with the Rules of the Chief Judge [22 NYCRR 25.13 (d)(1)], you are subject to being disqualified and removed from the eligible list for NYS Court Officer-Trainee, based on your failure to cooperate and/or provide requested documents to the Applicant Verification & Compliance Unit.
    Pursuant to 22 NYCRR 25.13(d)(2), you are entitled to make an explanation of the above and submit any facts in opposition to your being disqualified. If you wish to do so, you must respond within thirty (30) days of this notificationu”
    the last thing i did was completed the background interview in November.i emailed and left voicemails with no response.
    i emailed them back saying i still want the job,anything else i can do?
    i feel like they are doing this to just get my name off the list

Leave a comment:

• L33
    commented on 's reply
    With a master's in cj you could consider other choices in law enforcement. Its completely up to you if you want to see how far you will get through the process. Your diagnosis will come up during the psychological phase of the process. So it's a personal decesion if you want to start the process and see if you will be disqualified. If you try to hide everything, your medications will be discovered during the medical phase, with the blood and urine. Hope it helps, good luck
    Last edited by L33; 03-03-2020, 10:52 AM.

• ARG1982
    replied
    My name is Anthony. I am scheduled to take the fitness test in April. They charge like 100 bucks. I am diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and depression. I take lexapro and Wellbutrin. I have a masters in criminal justice, no hospitalizations, and no arrests. Also, no behaviorism issues in school. What are my chances?

Leave a comment:

• CountyCorrectionOfficer
    commented on 's reply
    It depends on the circumstances involved. The NYSP, NYS DOCS and OCA Courts are quite stringent in their hiring practices with a great emphasis on previous employment and criminal history. Most of your disqualifiers are character disqualification. Most of the test takers who pass the state and NYC LEO civil service exams are eliminated from employment consideration on that basis. The smaller, lesser paid upstate police agencies might cut you some slack. I have heard of some police agencies that have hired terminated (for cause) officers from other agencies. That would never occur in state and NYC LEO employment.

You could also be disqualified on the basis of being terminated from employment in the private sector.

• USMCmech6216
    commented on 's reply
    M-F 9 to 5 in some places. Downstate has night court, weekend arraignment, work holidays, swing shift etc. Upstate “most” courts are 8a-4p, 8:15a-4:15p, 8:30a-4:30p or 9a-5p. All depends on your court.

• USMCmech6216
    commented on 's reply
    I had a bunch of COs in my class and they all couldn’t wait for this job. They all said DOCS sucked and they hated it, etc. As for as the “worthiness” everything should transfer over from DOCS if you got this job. The only thing you would “lose” is seniority. All your accruals will kind of transfer. You can only take 70 hours of sick and vacation each, so DOCS pays you out the rest. But you pay should come with you, minus the OT. I had 12 years with another agency prior to this and everything transitioned over smoothly.

• USMCmech6216
    commented on 's reply
    Upstate class is coming soon.... they are trying to avoid running an upstate and downstate class together. It less confusing that way

• USMCmech6216
    commented on 's reply
    AMP519 I meant the last class off the 2014 list. But I’m hearing now that they want atleast 2 upstate classes off this list if they can. Then the 2020 list will be the list they are going off of.

• USMCmech6216
    commented on 's reply
    Rumor is next upstate class is spring time frame. So May-ish. Good luck

• Reigns167
    commented on 's reply
    Already done both and on a new agency . No one could give me a straight answer but thanks for info hopefully you’re right and time counts on back end

• Patriot91
    commented on 's reply
    You'd be locked into said tier- her time would not carry on the front end it would carry on the back.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4738 users online. 297 members and 4441 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X