Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under the personal history questionnaire. Under "education" It asks about disciplinary action. Does this include detentions received during highschool?

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
      Under the personal history questionnaire. Under "education" It asks about disciplinary action. Does this include detentions received during highschool?
      Yes!

Comment

• Hi all
        Have some basic questions which I feel are the most important: (tried to scan but too many pages)

I took '14 exam and was canvassed for a few weeks from now for PAT for Nassau/Suffolk. Does that mean Nassau/Suffolk is hiring because I'm not willing to go anywhere else?

Also any rumors on how long until academy? And is there a pension for this position or is it different than PD?
        Starting is like 40k tops out at 65k?

And what's the work schedule like? Mon-Fri?

Thank you so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by officerhopeful99 View Post
          Hi all
          Have some basic questions which I feel are the most important: (tried to scan but too many pages)

I took '14 exam and was canvassed for a few weeks from now for PAT for Nassau/Suffolk. Does that mean Nassau/Suffolk is hiring because I'm not willing to go anywhere else?

Also any rumors on how long until academy? And is there a pension for this position or is it different than PD?

Thank you so much.
          Anyone?

Comment

• They're is a pension... where I'm at you start at 47k max is 71k... then longevity... mon through Fri but can sign up for weekend arraignments

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by officerhopeful99 View Post
              Hi all

Thank you so much.
              The vast majority work between the hours of 8 and 6 Monday through Friday. There are some officers who work at night and on weekends. The salary has changed with the line increase. We are still out of contract (over 5 years!) but here are the Downstate numbers as of now.

Starting line 16 = 44504 plus 3697 location pay plus 1350 uniform allowance equals 49551.

After two year traineeship line 19 =52524 plus 3697 plus 1350 uniform equals 57571

Max salary for line 19 before longevity 71039 plus 3697 location plus 1350 uniform equals 76086.

Pension is NYS tier 6. Choice of healthcare plans. Dental and vision provided by union. Most officers use Empire Dental plan.

I don't know if Nassau / Suffolk are hiring straight from the academy. Every command is in need however the positions in the counties are very limited. I'd recommend changing location preference to NYC and transferring later down the road. You will learn a lot more about this job, life, and yourself from working the the city. Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island Criminal court or family court vs Nassau county court...No comparison.
              Last edited by unblindeacon; 09-07-2016, 07:58 PM.
              http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
              NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• What's up guys new to the forum list# 27xx.. any projections as to what list number will be reached for the NYC JD. Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Hi just saw you had to get a social security print out before your background interview

3. Detailed Income Earnings Printout Form (SSA-7050) FROM THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION
                  1. The printout must be submitted at your scheduled Background Interview.
                  2. The printout must cover the period from the year you left High School to present.
                  3. You must obtain the printout by visiting a SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION office.
                  4. It may be obtained on the same day ONLY if requested in-person.
                  5. Do not request by mail as it may take up to 6 to 8 weeks for you to receive it, resulting in a delay of your investigation
                  Where do you go in person to get this? I live on Long Island. Also what forms do you need to bring in to get this. Thank You in advance for your help
                  Last edited by kk30; 09-19-2016, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone been contacted about a background interview yet? I was told after the physical exam that we should expect. "a mail." I don't know if this means e-mail or an envelope in a mail box.

Also, I got a weird call last week that asked for me by name. It sounded really off, and I couldn't understand what they were saying. So I thought it was a scam phone call, and told them they had the wrong number. Looking back on it now, I'm paranoid that it was something to do with the recruitment process. I'm probably just being paranoid. Any insight though? Has anyone been contacted yet somehow? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by kk30 View Post
                      Hi just saw you had to get a social security print out before your background interview

3. Detailed Income Earnings Printout Form (SSA-7050) FROM THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION
                      1. The printout must be submitted at your scheduled Background Interview.
                      2. The printout must cover the period from the year you left High School to present.
                      3. You must obtain the printout by visiting a SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION office.
                      4. It may be obtained on the same day ONLY if requested in-person.
                      5. Do not request by mail as it may take up to 6 to 8 weeks for you to receive it, resulting in a delay of your investigation
                      Where do you go in person to get this? I live on Long Island. Also what forms do you need to bring in to get this. Thank You in advance for your help
                      Go to your local Social Security office to get the printout. Bring some form of ID and your SS card. It's real easy to do and get.

Comment

• Originally posted by kruegar View Post
                        Has anyone been contacted about a background interview yet? I was told after the physical exam that we should expect. "a mail." I don't know if this means e-mail or an envelope in a mail box.

Also, I got a weird call last week that asked for me by name. It sounded really off, and I couldn't understand what they were saying. So I thought it was a scam phone call, and told them they had the wrong number. Looking back on it now, I'm paranoid that it was something to do with the recruitment process. I'm probably just being paranoid. Any insight though? Has anyone been contacted yet somehow? Thanks.
                        If you haven't been assigned a BI yet, then most likely it could have been a scam call as you thought. Be patient and keep checking your email and mail box daily for any further info of the hiring process. Best of luck to you.

Comment

• I wish they would hurry and start contacting more people for NYC...

Comment

• 95.5, rank 150*, how long from today until the academy? I picked Long Island and my PAT is Wed. 09/28. I know this has been answered time and time again but maybe somebody has some new intel in regards to the subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by zeke1013 View Post
                              95.5, rank 150*, how long from today until the academy? I picked Long Island and my PAT is Wed. 09/28. I know this has been answered time and time again but maybe somebody has some new intel in regards to the subject.
                              Heard "rumors" at my command that some time in the beginning of 2017. Just tumors though and nothing concrete. Your best bet is to go through and pass all phases of the hiring process. Then continue to be patient and wait for the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                                I wish they would hurry and start contacting more people for NYC...
                                Yes !!.. I honestly thought they would get into the 2000s for nyc first round.. But I guess it will take much longer than I thought..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7584 users online. 388 members and 7196 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X