300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jontot View Post
    Thanks CivilServant14, I am from the 2005 exam and completed and passed the whole process last week. I wasn't expecting this job anymore until I got a call and received a letter regarding the Pre-appointment Medical Exam I did last week. So now, they said they'll have to wait for the blood work and the drug test results they took on Nov. 29 in Affiliated Physicians and if we passed that, someone will call us to congratulate us for making it to the next class.

I'm very psych and hoping I will make it to the Jan. 2011 class. xing my fingers!
    Wow..misread your post with all the other pre-med posts.
    Sounds like you will make it in the next class. Long wait but I'm sure very well worth it.
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

P.S. Is this academy for NYC?
    Last edited by CivilServant14; 12-08-2010, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
      I took the pre-screening medical today. My appointment was at 9:30 and I got there at 8:15. There was still a line from all of the 8:30 appointments. Get there early. What you wear is completely optional. I wore business attire but more people were in jeans than anything else. No one said anything to anybody about their attire. The pre-screening medical is not paramilitary style at all. It is very laid back and the people who do the vision/blood pressure/height and weight are all very nice. If you need to make weight but are just a little over I'd wear whatever is lightest. You take your shoes off to be measured and weighed but you leave your clothes on. Don't wear a belt or heavy jewelry. If you are too light than wear the heaviest pants and shirt you own. They will make you take off your sweatshirt or jacket if you are wearing one so plan accordingly. Make sure to have two ids, one with your picture and address, and also make sure the name on those ids matches the name you took the test under. The whole process took me about an hour and a half. Hope this information helps. They scheduled me for the Full Medical Evaluation a few days after Christmas. Good luck to everyone.
      There is a minimum weight requirement? I thought only a maximum?

Comment

• Anyone know the rule regarding tattoos?t

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
          Wow..misread your post with all the other pre-med posts.
          Sounds like you will make it in the next class. Long wait but I'm sure very well worth it.
          Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

P.S. Is this academy for NYC?
          Thanks, I will definitely keep you guys posted. Yes this academy is for NYC.
          Exam 2005/ 45-722
          Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
          Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
            There is a minimum weight requirement? I thought only a maximum?
            Minimum weight?! I'm 5'11" at 155lbs. Should I be worried? Should I be stuffing my face for the next week?
            NYS Court Officer Test 45-758
            Rank# Under 2000
            Canvassed: NYC
            Pre-Medical: Passed
            Full Medical: Passed (pending lab analysis)
            Agility: Scheduled

Comment

• Sorry, no minimum weight. My mistake.

Comment

• I took my first medical this past monday 12/6...My next is 12/20...will they be taking blood? Does anyone know what the process will be like? I'm not concerned...The only issue is I keep using up days off at work, so I'm hoping I can atleast do a half day on Monday 12/20...

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by buntysoap View Post
                  I took my first medical this past monday 12/6...My next is 12/20...will they be taking blood? Does anyone know what the process will be like? I'm not concerned...The only issue is I keep using up days off at work, so I'm hoping I can atleast do a half day on Monday 12/20...

Thanks
                  The CO web site lists all the things they do at the various stages...see link below.

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening.shtml

Comment

• over weight limit

I am sure I will not meet the weight requirement in time. I am postitive I will pass everything else. How much time do they give you to "catch up"?

Comment

• Originally posted by winsome View Post
                      I am sure I will not meet the weight requirement in time. I am postitive I will pass everything else. How much time do they give you to "catch up"?
                      I'm not sure if it's the same as for the weight to height ratio but when I failed the arm/hand steadiness part of the phisical agility test couple of years ago they reschedule for a month for my second try. And I only have to do the part that I failed.
                      Exam 2005/ 45-722

Comment

• Anyone know what I should be doing to prepare for the physical agility test? I'll be having a baby in January so I know I'll have to work on my core muscles because I probably wont have any. Does anyone have any suggestions for someone who will be busy with a toddler and a newborn?

Comment

• Anyone know how fast the beat of the metronome is? I've just been doing the stairmaster and running to get my legs in better shape but I'm curious to know how fast I'll have to do the steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by britta View Post
                            Anyone know how fast the beat of the metronome is? I've just been doing the stairmaster and running to get my legs in better shape but I'm curious to know how fast I'll have to do the steps.
                            If I could remember correctly, it was somewhat or little slower than the "tik/tok" of your clock (sorry for my lame discription of the sound of a clock. lol)
                            Exam 2005/ 45-722

Comment

• Originally posted by winsome View Post
                              I think it depends on how much you are over. They gave me a month. I have less than 15 to lose.

Comment

• Hey guys I was canvassed for NYC in November and I am scheduled for my Pre-med next week.
                                Today I just received a letter canvassing me for Suffolk County, even though I have already accepted NYC.
                                From the documentation it seems that they are also canvassing NYC candidates if they are interested in the 9th JD.

Any thoughts?
                                Do you think I would be offered a job faster in Suffolk than NYC?
                                NYS Court Officer Test 45-758
                                Rank# Under 2000
                                Canvassed: NYC
                                Pre-Medical: Passed
                                Full Medical: Passed (pending lab analysis)
                                Agility: Scheduled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7248 users online. 351 members and 6897 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X