Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuerza glad your enjoying it and sounds like excitment. goodluck and be safe..
    Dinosaur32 my friend was working outside the court side by side with the courts officers. He enjoyed it and said they were a bunch of great guys. He did it for a couple of days and im not sure if the courts asked for help but thats where he was assigned. Also on many accasions while he was in a RMP and had calls court MSP units backed him up even blocks from the court house. From what I wast told courts are keeping in line with other agencies because it would not look good if they were hiring alot of guys and others were not. Judicial budget usually passes and from what I saw in last years budget there wasn't any real changes from previous budgets. Waiting is what I will contuinue to do while keeping in shape. Im a very active member of my fire department on the island and right now I am staying low key trying not to get hurt. Unless I have no choice... over the last couple of years the information you have had has been 98% right so anymore in the future would be great. LOL.. be safe as well...

Comment

Since 9/11, Court Officers have been working much more closely with the NYPD....especially the MSP cars.

Comment

Seems like the job as a court officer has grown so much and looks like it will continue to grow even more. If it ever happens that the court officers receive police status it will open up even more avenues. I think your retired or you still on the job?

Comment

I'm retired but still in close contact with old friends that are still on.

Comment

Had some business to attend to in Kings Criminal Court last week and the CO's couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

Thanks guys (and gals).
            They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Originally posted by EASF View Post
              whats??? but its been 4 years already! is it not too late already? or do you still have any chances of being call?
              Yeah the list is probably expired now.. I was really looking forward joining with NYS courts but the only thing I received was a canvas letter and haven't heard anything since..

I'm on the job with port authority now so the wait was well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by PAPD 8-2 View Post
                Yeah the list is probably expired now.. I was really looking forward joining with NYS courts but the only thing I received was a canvas letter and haven't heard anything since..
                This is from the FAQ part of the NYS Court Officer website:

It is anticipated that new eligible list 45-758 will be established in Spring 2010. List 45-722 is due to expire no earlier than July 2010 and will be used until a sufficient number of NYS Court Officer-Trainee candidates have been cleared for appointment from the new list.

FWIW...

Comment

This is the most updated information for the people who took the last test.

Results of Court Officer-Trainee Examination 45-758 are expected to be mailed to applicants on or about July 2010.

It will take another 8 plus months just to process enough people for an academy so people still on test 45-722 will still be called for an academy in 2011. Thats if they even have another academy. fingers crossed

Comment

Are they pretty strict with the height and weight chart? Like if you can pass all the fitness requirements but aren't at the proper weight for your height will you be dq'd anyway?

Comment

Hey guys,

I had a question. When we took the test there was a section where we would check off all of the places would are potentially interested in working (Albany, Rochester, NYC, Suffolk, Nassau, etc.).

At the time I took the test, I only checked off certain areas (NYC, Suffolk, and Nassau), but now I'm interested in working in other areas upstate as well. How would I go about updating that? I'm sure they don't consider until later in the process, but I was wondering if there was another opportunity to change that.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mttde View Post
                        Hey guys,

I had a question. When we took the test there was a section where we would check off all of the places would are potentially interested in working (Albany, Rochester, NYC, Suffolk, Nassau, etc.).

At the time I took the test, I only checked off certain areas (NYC, Suffolk, and Nassau), but now I'm interested in working in other areas upstate as well. How would I go about updating that? I'm sure they don't consider until later in the process, but I was wondering if there was another opportunity to change that.

Thanks!
                        Yea, I'm with you man. I didn't now the different areas upstate to check them off. But I am willing to move upstate. I want to update it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckb88 View Post
                          Are they pretty strict with the height and weight chart? Like if you can pass all the fitness requirements but aren't at the proper weight for your height will you be dq'd anyway?
                          Where is the chart?
                          NYS Court Officer
                          Test 10/24/2009
                          Score: 91.7

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney880 View Post
                            Where is the chart?
                            http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening1.shtml

Comment

Who here thinks that the university police was a harder test then the court officer test?

Comment

I have a question about the retirement...

I am a NYC Correction Officer and have about 3 years on the job. In 17 years I'll be able to walk away. I took the test in Oct 09 and I know even if I scored high it will probably be a couple of years before I would get hired at least....

My question is what is the retirement like for State Courts? Is it 25 years or 30 years? I'm in my mid 20's now and I'm curious how gray I will be when I am able to retire from Courts.

Thank you
                                As a Corrections Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve my community; to safeguard the lives and property within my jurisdiction; to protect against deception, oppression or intimidation; to prevent violence or disorder; and to respect and preserve the constitutional rights of all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8574 users online. 465 members and 8109 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X