Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my appointment next Monday, and I am trying to lose that weight. Is there any variance at all?

Did anybody come within ten pounds, and get through?

I have lost almost twenty pounds, but am a big guy. I weigh now 240, and am 6 3" I may be able to make in into the 230's but 222???

Anybody got any good news out there, crossing my fingers..

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
      No blood, just height, weight, and vision. I was out in an hour or so in total. There was prob 10-12 people when 1 arrived, not sure how many came afterward.
      Really so thats all they are doing right now? I'm surprised they are not doing the blood test, drug test, and agility like the other civil service processes. The packet they sent out made it seem like they would be taking samples and we would be doing agility as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by mfriguy View Post
        Really so thats all they are doing right now? I'm surprised they are not doing the blood test, drug test, and agility like the other civil service processes. The packet they sent out made it seem like they would be taking samples and we would be doing agility as well.
        They do all of that later. See link below for the steps:

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening.shtml

Comment

Thanks for the info...based on their standards im basically screwed. I wear contacts and i need them for distance but never thought my vision was that bad and i don't get why my vision without my contacts matters...im not gonna be flying a plane if i did get the job! Oh well hope i don't miss a day of work just to find out i don't qualify.

Comment

One other question what exactly was the vision test like? Did the look in your eyes like the eye doctor with a scope thingy or was it just reading a chart on a wall? Thanks

Comment

• Anyone know roughly when the next NYC canvass will be? For example, do they call the next round of people once they have finished with this round's full medical or physical test?

Comment

• Hello to everyone. I'm new to the thread. mfriguy have you thought about lasik? it may work for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by mfriguy View Post
                  Thanks for the info...based on their standards im basically screwed. I wear contacts and i need them for distance but never thought my vision was that bad and i don't get why my vision without my contacts matters...im not gonna be flying a plane if i did get the job! Oh well hope i don't miss a day of work just to find out i don't qualify.
                  My premed is on the 16th and my sight is terrible. So I went ahead and scheduled a consult with a recommended Lasik surgeon for this Tuesday. If nothing else, I can show that I'm being proactive and that I'm willing to get the procedure done to land this position if I need to. Hopefully they give me the chance to get it done though. I'll cross my fingers for both of us because being DQ'd for that would not be fun.

Comment

• Has anyone been canvassed for Suffolk/Nassau counties yet?

Comment

• Anyone here did the Pre-appointment medical last week and heard anything. I took the pre-appointment medical on Nov. 29 and passed, I'm just waiting. They said there will be a class on January 3, 2011?

What's the rookie's chance on getting the 8x4 shifts in NYC if there's such a shift?
                      Last edited by jontot; 12-08-2010, 05:02 AM.
                      Exam 2005/ 45-722
                      Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
                      Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

• Whats up everyone? First post here...New to the board...I just had my first medical this past Monday 12/6 and my next is 12/20....My rank is in the 70's and I scored a 98.4 on the exam that I took last February....

Any word on how fast this process could possibly be?

Comment

• Originally posted by jontot View Post
                          Anyone here did the Pre-appointment medical last week and heard anything. I took the pre-appointment medical on Nov. 29 and passed, I'm just waiting. They said there will be a class on January 3, 2011?

What's the rookie's chance on getting the 8x4 shifts in NYC if there's such a shift?
                          The Jan, 2011 academy is for recruits from the 2005 exam. If you go through all the processes as stated on their website, you're probably looking at the middle or end of 2011 for an academy depending on how your ranked after all the steps.

I can't answer your question regarding the shift preference, although I have read that most courts staff between the hours of 8-5.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                            The Jan, 2011 academy is for recruits from the 2005 exam. If you go through all the processes as stated on their website, you're probably looking at the middle or end of 2011 for an academy depending on how your ranked after all the steps.

I can't answer your question regarding the shift preference, although I have read that most courts staff between the hours of 8-5.
                            Thanks CivilServant14, I am from the 2005 exam and completed and passed the whole process last week. I wasn't expecting this job anymore until I got a call and received a letter regarding the Pre-appointment Medical Exam I did last week. So now, they said they'll have to wait for the blood work and the drug test results they took on Nov. 29 in Affiliated Physicians and if we passed that, someone will call us to congratulate us for making it to the next class.

I'm very psych and hoping I will make it to the Jan. 2011 class. xing my fingers!
                            Last edited by jontot; 12-08-2010, 06:12 AM.
                            Exam 2005/ 45-722
                            Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
                            Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by britta View Post
                              My premed is on the 16th and my sight is terrible. So I went ahead and scheduled a consult with a recommended Lasik surgeon for this Tuesday. If nothing else, I can show that I'm being proactive and that I'm willing to get the procedure done to land this position if I need to. Hopefully they give me the chance to get it done though. I'll cross my fingers for both of us because being DQ'd for that would not be fun.
                              I will be there the 16th also, im going to do the same as you and hope for the best. Maybe we will be able to squint our way thru the exam lol. Good luck! How much does the lasik cost?

Comment

• I took the pre-screening medical today. My appointment was at 9:30 and I got there at 8:15. There was still a line from all of the 8:30 appointments. Get there early. What you wear is completely optional. I wore business attire but more people were in jeans than anything else. No one said anything to anybody about their attire. The pre-screening medical is not paramilitary style at all. It is very laid back and the people who do the vision/blood pressure/height and weight are all very nice. If you need to make weight but are just a little over I'd wear whatever is lightest. You take your shoes off to be measured and weighed but you leave your clothes on. Don't wear a belt or heavy jewelry. Make sure to have two ids, one with your picture and address, and also make sure the name on those ids matches the name you took the test under. The whole process took me about an hour and a half. Hope this information helps. They scheduled me for the Full Medical Evaluation a few days after Christmas. Good luck to everyone.
                                Last edited by Kannons610; 12-08-2010, 06:42 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7409 users online. 368 members and 7041 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X