X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JudicialFuzz7602 View Post
    I heard there will be an upstate academy in November

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Impossible.... They have not even started processing people from the new list who chose to work upstate.

Comment

• NYC academy for november sounds more likely,thats going to be 5 months after their pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holcroft View Post
        NYC academy for november sounds more likely,thats going to be 5 months after their pat.
        Doubtful... More like wishful thinking...

Comment

• Originally posted by protector343 View Post
          Impossible.... They have not even started processing people from the new list who chose to work upstate.
          I heard late winter for upstate

Comment

• Anyone know if they still hire for the district you want to be in or have they changed it to the way corrections does it where they assign you a place after the academy?

Comment

• Yes they put you in district you have picked from canvassing email, for you its districts 3-8. I am sure they try putting ppl close to where they live ,but theres proly a few who get sent pretty far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brute34690 View Post
                Anyone know if they still hire for the district you want to be in or have they changed it to the way corrections does it where they assign you a place after the academy?
                You get to pick the JD you wish to work in. As to where you will work in that JD, will be up to the needs of the courts.

To answer the rumors of when the next academy class will be for the '14 list, no one really knows. They started canvassing for people in both NYC and Upstate. So to "hear" of an academy starting in Novemeber is not feasible. Maybe in early 2017. All you can do is stay in shape. Hopefully you guys have been staying shape with the new PAT. It's no joke. Best of luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ji33 View Post
                  I heard late winter for upstate
                  That's more realistic...

Comment

• Hey Everyone... theres an active GroupMe for this thread. There are OTJ guys, canvassed individuals, and candidates that have both passed and failed the PAT so far. The GroupMe interface makes communication a little easier.

Feel free to join in. If you choose to do so, please send at least one message or the app will automatically kick you out.

https://groupme.com/join_group/21425914/Rlfsuc

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• I got a question does NYS courts officers handle perps in the bookings anymore or is that solely the NYCDOC job now? I remember they used to do it in the BX before they changed sides from Sherman and Sheridan for the intake and revamped the criminal court house across from the DAs office but now I see we turn over to the NYCDOC at Manhattan and Bronx central bookings.

Also for anyone on the job whats the regular schedule like and possibility of overtime? Is it 40 and bust 8-4/9-5 M-F or can you volunteer and do weekends? What are the other units like and whats the requirements? Do you start off in a courtroom or do they start you off at the search mannings the mags and metal detectors ( I dread doing this with my current agency ).

Comment

• This all depends on your command. Some have OT, some have none. We work 35 hour work weeks per contract and get very little OT. Some commands have the new guys on doors and some get them right into court. Just remember, 2 years of probation so you will need to keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut. Do what they say and don't complain and you will make it through. It goes fast.

Comment

• Received the PAT email today.

Comment

• Originally posted by SYRWB View Post
                            Received the PAT email today.
                            What day do you go

Comment

• 8/24, is the academy a live in one or if selected do you have to find housing?

Comment

• I go on the 25th no clue about live in

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11012 users online. 402 members and 10610 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X