300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shimmy View Post
    Are u talking about the 09 exam? I scored an 83 and still got canvassed for nyc made it all the way to the written psych and met my investigator I'm hoping us left overs will get another class so I can get this job!
    Shimmy, I took the October 2014 exam.

Comment

• http://hundredpushups.com/test.html

Anyone having trouble with pushups. Follow this link^^^^

Its a great 6 week routine to follow.

A+ stuff. Helps build pushup endurance.

Comment

• Everyone is entitled to their opinions! Thank you for the good luck.. Good luck to all!
        Last edited by Srz; 05-04-2016, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Srz View Post
          Everything is based on how bad you want something and on putting 100% into getting yourself into shape.
          So basically you're saying that it's OK to dog it just because it's the first step in the process.

If you absolutely want this bad, and you know the PAT is the first step with its rigorous testing, than you should put 100% into getting yourself into shape for it. You said it yourself. If that's not what you're trying to say then all you're doing is making excuses for not wanting to prepare. It's not rocket science. Put in the work to get the results you hope to achieve.

And of course the defendant is not going to care whether you are a female or male, but if it comes to testing a female and male on the same exact level... then a lot of the males are not as fit as they believe if a female can do the same amount of push up and sit ups a male can do.
          A lot of males aren't as fit as their female counterparts and that's fine. It's not a competition. It's equal opportunity and they're going to test everyone equally no matter your gender. When you're there you're all the same in their eyes. The only thing that sets you apart is whether or not you can pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Srz View Post
            No one said it wasn't a law enforcement job.. Clearly we all know that here BUT me saying it should be "either the same or easier" means that they should not be so tough on a PAT test when it is only the beginning of the process. By doing so they are getting rid of a lot of qualifying candidates who can get into physical shape before and during the academy. I know a lot of people who were not physically fit before going into the NYPD academy and during their process there, they became fit. Everything is based on how bad you want something and on putting 100% into getting yourself into shape. And of course the defendant is not going to care whether you are a female or male, but if it comes to testing a female and male on the same exact level... then a lot of the males are not as fit as they believe if a female can do the same amount of push up and sit ups a male can do.
            Your position is ludicrous, you want the job? Do the work, there are no free rides. Spend some more time in the gym and less time me on the computer and you will be fine. You aren't being asked to prepare for the olympics. I just looked at the new P.A.T., if you cannot pass knowing exactly what tests will be performed and considering that you have ample time to prepare, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Why do you think they test people at all? You need a certain level of strength and fitness to do the job and to make it through the Academy. Yes, not everyone will pass, if everyone did, why bother testing. OCA not only posted exactly how you will be tested, they also explained the scoring. I'm sorry, making it easier is not the answer.

A determination was made based on job analysis that the job required a certain level of fitness and strength. How can they then have a different standard for men and women? The physical requirements are the physical requirements for men and women. It is my understanding that OCA did a lot of work and spent a lot of time and money formulating this new test. And for the record, there is no easier more accurate test of ones upper body strength than a push up...

Good luck...
            Last edited by protector343; 05-04-2016, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Hey I'm new to the thread and I'm sure whatever I ask has probably been answered in the almost 300 pages prior so forgive me if I ask something already discussed. I was just wondering if anyone knows about the length of processing for this job title as compared to local police or corrections titles. For example: I live on Long Island and the processing for county positions is years. As in 3-5 years from exam to hire. Can the same be expected with this position?

Again, if previously answered I apologize. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Izzy87 View Post
                Hey I'm new to the thread and I'm sure whatever I ask has probably been answered in the almost 300 pages prior so forgive me if I ask something already discussed. I was just wondering if anyone knows about the length of processing for this job title as compared to local police or corrections titles. For example: I live on Long Island and the processing for county positions is years. As in 3-5 years from exam to hire. Can the same be expected with this position?

Again, if previously answered I apologize. Thanks in advance.
                Just to give you an idea. There are people currently in the academy that took the exam in 09. The people of the 14 exam haven't even started processing.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• For those of you that may have missed it, we have a GroupMe group for the '14 exam takers and OTJ guys to discuss in a more fluid manner.

Here's the link:
                  https://groupme.com/join_group/21425914/Rlfsuc

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
                    Just to give you an idea. There are people currently in the academy that took the exam in 09. The people of the 14 exam haven't even started processing.

Yea I took the 2014 exam and mailed back that paper about preferred district. I'm just trying to get a feel. Thanks for looking out

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
                      For those of you that may have missed it, we have a GroupMe group for the '14 exam takers and OTJ guys to discuss in a more fluid manner.

Here's the link:
                      https://groupme.com/join_group/21425914/Rlfsuc

Great idea! Maybe we can all get together and start working out and practicing for the PAT

Comment

• Anybody OTJ know how likely/unlikely new CO's are to stay at 62 Years and out retirement, or is there a lot of talk of going back to 30 years/ and out. OR if there's any talk of going to 25 years/out like most LE Agencies throughout NY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pats1123 View Post
                          Anybody OTJ know how likely/unlikely new CO's are to stay at 62 Years and out retirement, or is there a lot of talk of going back to 30 years/ and out. OR if there's any talk of going to 25 years/out like most LE Agencies throughout NY.
                          It's very rare that a pension plan goes backwards on tiers. The state wants you to work as long as possible without collecting ur pension.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pats1123 View Post
                            Anybody OTJ know how likely/unlikely new CO's are to stay at 62 Years and out retirement, or is there a lot of talk of going back to 30 years/ and out. OR if there's any talk of going to 25 years/out like most LE Agencies throughout NY.
                            *Age 63.

Restoration of 30/55 has passed the legislature the past couple of years only to be vetoed. I assume we may follow that same path again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                              *Age 63.

Restoration of 30/55 has passed the legislature the past couple of years only to be vetoed. I assume we may follow that same path again.
                              I asked this question as well, as were all hoping for the best. I don't know how recent but i believe this did happen to tier 5 members at some point and was brought back down to 30/55.....Hopeful thinking of course, but its still possible...i will have to check dinosaurs posts for the facts

Comment

• I'm sure it has been answered but when is the next exam? is it 2018?
                                Thank You.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7659 users online. 418 members and 7241 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X