300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by freightrain1127 View Post
    Hey new to the thread, anybody hear any rumors or have an idea of how deep this list might go? Didn't make the first canvassing but hoping to make the second.
    Same, Im curious to know how many times they will send out canvass letters?

Comment

• Yeah not sure, i would hope atleast another round of canvass letters in another score group after this. Was just short to make this round, very disappointing but i guess its more time to make sure your prepared anyway. Got to stay positive i guess.

Comment

• You people asking when this, when that... They just canvassed over 10k people. Things haven't actually started yet. Sit back and be patient because it's going to be a while. No one has concrete answers to anything about how far they'll go down the list, if and when they'll send out more canvass emails, if you have a shot at another class, etc. When it's your time you'll know because you got the canvass email just like everyone else.

Comment

• Why do people care that someone asks a question. If you don't have the answer just keep it moving. Your non answer advice is worse than the question asked. Have a nice day.

Comment

• james......The point is that asking those questions invites answers full of misinformation. This is a long process and no poster here, myself included, as any idea about numbers or times. Asking over and over will only add to the frustration level. I know how the process works to set up a class after all the screening is completed, and that process alone takes time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
              james......The point is that asking those questions invites answers full of misinformation. This is a long process and no poster here, myself included, as any idea about numbers or times. Asking over and over will only add to the frustration level. I know how the process works to set up a class after all the screening is completed, and that process alone takes time.
              I understand that, that's why I said if you don't ha e the answer just keep it moving. People are excited a d anxious and this is their only place for information so they ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by KiaC_89 View Post
                I hope you get to stay in the same tier
                To all that this pertains to with current and previous NY state and city pension systems.
                I spoke to the nys pension system, and if your in a state or local city pension system your time can be transferred over and it's on the Front End and you keep your tier.

Comment

• Originally posted by james_g30 View Post
                  To all that this pertains to with current and previous NY state and city pension systems.
                  I spoke to the nys pension system, and if your in a state or local city pension system your time can be transferred over and it's on the Front End and you keep your tier.
                  So if your Tier-3 NYPD, how would this translate for this retirement? 25 & Out?, 30 & Out? or 62 Years Old & Out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pats1123 View Post
                    So if your Tier-3 NYPD, how would this translate for this retirement? 25 & Out?, 30 & Out? or 62 Years Old & Out?
                    The guy told me you can't collect a city pension and be in a state pension.
                    You would have to transfer your time over to state and keep your tier and they are 30 years 55 or 62 for max pension. Your time counts in front so you wouldn't have to contribute to the pension system because you did already.

Example is I'm tier 4 Sanitation with 17 years served and I'm 35 so I would have to do 20 years to make 55 years old and I would get 37 years credit towards my pension.

Comment

• I myself am far from fit BUT I did take the JST NYPD test and was able to pass all parts of it. I don't understand why PAT for NYS Court officer is asking for push up and sit ups. These should be mortified for female vs male. This test is more difficult than the JST (being that not everyone can do push ups me especially) They should have practice test for all parts of the PAT just like NYPD JST has
                      Last edited by Srz; 05-04-2016, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by james_g30 View Post
                        Good info thanks, even though I'm only invested in three years into an NYC pension.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frz View Post
                          I myself am far from fit BUT I did take the JST NYPD test and was able to pass all parts of it. I don't understand why PAT for NYS Court officer is asking for push up and sit ups. These should be mortified for female vs male. This test is more difficult than the JST (being that not everyone can do push ups me especially) when I believe it should be either the same or easier. They should have practice test for all parts of the PAT just like NYPD JST has
                          Doing push ups and sit ups should NOT be an issue if you get yourself into shape. Nor should it be motified for female vs male. If you can't do push ups you either work on doing them or don't even bother going through the process. I'm telling you now if you happen to get into the academy (or anyone else on this thread who feels doing push ups or sit ups is ridiculous) YOU WILL BE DOING PUSH UPS!!!! Lots of them. With sit ups and mountain climbers as well. If that sounds like that to be too hard, get over it. When I was in the academy there were people who could barely do more than 1 push up. It made PT harder than it should have been because you do ALL PT as one. Get yourself into shape because it only benefits yourself in the long run.
                          Last edited by TDD57; 05-02-2016, 08:14 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by Frz View Post
                            I myself am far from fit BUT I did take the JST NYPD test and was able to pass all parts of it. I don't understand why PAT for NYS Court officer is asking for push up and sit ups. These should be mortified for female vs male. This test is more difficult than the JST (being that not everyone can do push ups me especially) when I believe it should be either the same or easier. They should have practice test for all parts of the PAT just like NYPD JST has
                            Why should it be easier than the Nypd ? It's also a law enforcement job. If you think this is a job where you are never going to have to roll around with a defendant you are very mistaken. And that defendant isn't going to care if you are male or female.
                            Over 40k people passed the written exam, there's maybe a few hundred people who will get hired off your list, they can be very very selective. If you can't do push-ups then you can't pass the academy. Don't come into this process thinking it's any easier than any other job, the dangers are there.

Comment

• if you're working in Criminal or Family Court there's a good chance you'll take at least one trip to the ER doing your career. Get in shape now and stay in shape.

Comment

• Wow I can post! Took forever to gain access. I'm glad I came across this site, so much information. This site is how I found out to check my Email. Thank you and good luck to all!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5866 users online. 363 members and 5503 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X