300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pats1123 View Post
    I work for the city as well, our time would transfer to the back end, correct?
    Yes. Hopefully they use nycers as well but Im not sure. I just wouldn't want any mistakes

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
      wait wait wait so what is tier 6? I thought it was 30/55? Im tier 6 but from my understanding I wouldnt be able to collect 52% of my pension if I decide to retire at 54 (im 25 when Im 54 that'll be my 30 years ) until Im 55 years of age and in order to receive the full 100% I need to go all the way to 62/63

Tier 6 is you must work til age 63. You can't retire at age 54 even if you have 30 years on. You can leave at age 55 for a VERY SIGNIFICANT reduction in your pension. When you see 30/55 thrown around, that's in reference to previous tiers who would be able to retire with a full pension once they have both 30 years OTJ and age 55. The fact is that unless it's changed, guys in their 20s could be faced with working for 35-40 years for a full benefit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pats1123 View Post
        I work for the city as well, our time would transfer to the back end, correct?
        I hope you get to stay in the same tier
        Last edited by KiaC_89; 04-30-2016, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• I'm tier 6 with corrections but I think there's an exemption for correctional officers and some type of state hospital employees. The difference in tier with corrections is that you pay in the while time where other tiers pay in for 10 years stop. We also can't pad our final average salary. But I do believe it's still 25 and out. I'm shocked courts are different. I need to look into that

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I was just reading up on the NYSLRS website and this is what i found out.

Transfers:

When new members join NYSLRS, they are in Tier 6. Some new members are still members of another public retirement system in New York State. If this applies to you, you may be eligible to transfer that membership to us. You must be off the payroll for the covered employment in the other system and make a request to the other system to transfer while you are still an active member of that system. When the transfer is completed, your date of membership will be changed to the date of membership of the retirement system from which you transferred, if it’s earlier than your current date of membership. If applicable, your membership tier will also change.
            You may transfer membership within the following New York State public retirement systems:
            New York State and Local Employees’ Retirement System
            New York State and Local Police and Fire Retirement System
            New York State Teachers’ Retirement System
            New York City Employees’ Retirement System
            New York City Teachers’ Retirement System
            New York City Police Pension Fund
            New York City Fire Department Pension Fund
            New York City Board of Education Retirement System

Comment

• Anyone following the S03347 bill that reclassifies court officers and court clerks of the unified court system as police officers?

Comment

• Originally posted by JudicialFuzz7602 View Post
                Anyone following the S03347 bill that reclassifies court officers and court clerks of the unified court system as police officers?
                It made it out of committee faster than it has in recent years, awaiting floor vote. I wouldn't get too excited over that yet, it has been vetoed every year it passes

Comment

Anyone following the S03347 bill that reclassifies court officers and court clerks of the unified court system as police officers?
                  Its still being voted on in the Senate.

BILL NO S03347

SAME AS SAME AS A05338

SPONSOR GOLDEN

COSPNSR

MLTSPNSR

Amd S1.20, rpld S2.10 sub 21 a & b, CP L

Reclassifies court officers and court clerks of the unified court system as police officers and repeals provisions relating to their status as peace officers.
                  Go to top
                  S03347 Actions:
                  BILL NO S03347

02/05/2015 REFERRED TO CODES
                  01/06/2016 REFERRED TO CODES
                  03/28/2016 1ST REPORT CAL.484
                  03/29/2016 2ND REPORT CAL.
                  03/30/2016 ADVANCED TO THIRD READING
                  Go to top
                  S03347 Text:

STATE OF NEW YORK
                  __________________________________________________ ______________________

2015-2016 Regular Sessions

IN SENATE

February 5, 2015

Introduced by Sen. GOLDEN -- read twice and ordered printed, and when
                  printed to be committed to the Committee on Codes

AN ACT to amend the criminal procedure law, in relation to reclassifying
                  court officers and court clerks of the unified court system under the
                  definition of police officer; and to repeal certain provisions of such
                  law relating thereto

The People of the State of New York, represented in Senate and Assem-
                  bly, do enact as follows:

1 Section 1. Subdivision 34 of section 1.20 of the criminal procedure
                  2 law is amended by adding a new paragraph (w) to read as follows:
                  3 (w) Uniformed court officers of the unified court system.
                  4 § 2. Subdivision 34 of section 1.20 of the criminal procedure law is
                  5 amended by adding a new paragraph (x) to read as follows:
                  6 (x) Court clerks of the unified court system in the first and second
                  7 departments.
                  8 § 3. Paragraphs a and b of subdivision 21 of section 2.10 of the crim-
                  9 inal procedure law are REPEALED.
                  10 § 4. This act shall take effect immediately.

EXPLANATION--Matter in italics (underscored) is new; matter in brackets
                  [ ] is old law to be omitted.
                  LBD00928-01-5

Comment

• This might be a stupid question.... but what difference does it make whether court officers are considered police officers or not? Still law enforcement. Still carry guns.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• But this time Lippman is out, and our new chief judges relationship (if it's a good one) with Cuomo might make all the difference...........just speculation though 👍

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
                        This might be a stupid question.... but what difference does it make whether court officers are considered police officers or not? Still law enforcement. Still carry guns.

It will open us up to a lot more funding probably a better retirement and possibly even binding arbitration, maybe help us get out of CSEA also
                        Last edited by JudicialFuzz7602; 04-30-2016, 10:59 PM.

Comment

It will open us up to a lot more funding probably a better retirement and possibly even binding arbitration
                          Ahhhhh. Well then... may they carry on. I'm all for anything other than retiring at 62 or 63 or whatever it is. I can't picture myself wearing the uniform at 62 and carrying a gun. I'll have doc appointments to go to and kids to shoo off my porch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                            It made it out of committee faster than it has in recent years, awaiting floor vote. I wouldn't get too excited over that yet, it has been vetoed every year it passes
                            But this time Lippman is out, and our new chief judges relationship (if it's a good one) with Cuomo might make all the difference...........just speculation though

Comment

• Hey new to the thread, anybody hear any rumors or have an idea of how deep this list might go? Didn't make the first canvassing but hoping to make the second.

Comment

• Hey guys did any of you receive an email stating they couldn't read the file. I emailed my paper as well as faxed it. I received that email this afternoon. I will have to call first thing in the morning to make sure they at least received my faxed signed paper

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7168 users online. 346 members and 6822 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X