Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
    That IS NOT the current pay scale for NYC, NASSAU, and 9th JD. We have not had a contract in 5 years. Also location pay and uniform allowance are not reflected on any pay scale. Search the thread for exact starting salary $$.
    That's for us upstate folks lol

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • Originally posted by General1015 View Post
      That's for us upstate folks lol

      Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      That's correct. It's for members of CSEA (upstate) and SCCEA (Suffolk county). Don't get me started about CSEA and the disservice they did to their members in uniform and all of us in NYC.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

      Comment


      • Originally posted by New Job View Post
        Nassau doesn't take anyone from the academy so your down to Suffolk. Keep them fingers crossed..
        Yep I know, I've been all through this thread since we took the test. Nassau Suffolk 10th JD was the choice though so that's what I was referring to. Like I said, fingers crossed

        Comment


        • Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
          That IS NOT the current pay scale for NYC, NASSAU, and 9th JD. We have not had a contract in 5 years. Also location pay and uniform allowance are not reflected on any pay scale. Search the thread for exact starting salary $$.
          Understood, but would you assume that NYC Nassau & 9th JD would eventually settle soon and be similar if not higher paid due to higher cost of living? or is that a poor assumption?

          Also how does it work after you chose your district. For example you scored a 95, choose 9th JD. Do you get placed on a new list per jurisdiction? or do they continue to process you in score order regardless of JD then just hire as per JD needs......

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
            Understood, but would you assume that NYC Nassau & 9th JD would eventually settle soon and be similar if not higher paid due to higher cost of living? or is that a poor assumption?

            Also how does it work after you chose your district. For example you scored a 95, choose 9th JD. Do you get placed on a new list per jurisdiction? or do they continue to process you in score order regardless of JD then just hire as per JD needs......
            I personally believe that the downstate unions with maybe the exception of COBANC (Nassau who declared an impasse) will have to accept a similar contract. 3 zeros, 2% for 6 months, 2% for 1 year to settle a five year period. Then the next contract will start with a 2%. There was a line change that should have nothing to do with the contract, but there are also other things that the unions want to see to the end ie lawsuit regarding unilateral increases to healthcare contributions. Let me say this: All of you trying to get this job should not concern yourself with these particulars. You know your starting salary will be around 48k and top salary will be mid to high 70's before any longevity payments. What you should focus on is physical fitness, staying out of trouble, completing your education and saving money. As far as your other question I'm not totally sure if you go on a JD specific list in rank order. That would make sense to me.
            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

            Comment


            • ............
              Last edited by Mike_NYSCO; 05-10-2016, 08:35 PM.

              Comment


              • Any other questions feel free to ask but I have to say almost every question has been asked and answered at some point in the life of the thread.
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                  Agreed but to understand your pay cut prior to going full speed ahead is what most people are trying to gauge. I don't expect to be rich with this salary, just looking for a more comfortable lifestyle as opposed to the corporate world.

                  The line 19 bump is across the board for all JDs right? Thanks for the info
                  Yes

                  Also that 2016 scale is upstate only, Suffolk does not have a contract in place for 2016-2017

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                    Agreed but to understand your pay cut prior to going full speed ahead is what most people are trying to gauge. I don't expect to be rich with this salary, just looking for a more comfortable lifestyle as opposed to the corporate world.

                    The line 19 bump is across the board for all JDs right? Thanks for the info
                    That's why I posted the line 16 starting salary inclusive of location (downstate) and uniform allowance. It's right around 48k so that should help to determine pay cut. The top salary is variable as it depends on the contracts that haven't been accepted or even negotiated yet. If you got hired today id expect your top salary would be higher than than what the salary schedule says today. You also have to take into account healthcare costs, retirement/pension, quality of life, vacation etc. The line 19 is for every uniformed officer. Sgts also got a line increase. LT's and higher did not get anything.
                    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                      Yes

                      Also that 2016 scale is upstate only, Suffolk does not have a contract in place for 2016-2017
                      Correct. CSEA accepted 2% for 2016-17 so I believe we will ALL start with that 2% as part of the next contract.
                      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                        correct. Csea accepted 2% for 2016-17 so i believe we will all start with that 2% as part of the next contract.
                        deleted. Duplicate post***
                        Last edited by oscar_rodrigez; 04-27-2016, 09:30 AM.

                        Comment


                        • I am looking to buy a high end running shoe that are some what pricey because I get shin splints. So my question is does anyonr know for sure if there is a specific color of sneaker that is required for the academy. (hopefully I make it that far)
                          Just asking because I would hate to have to buy another sneaker because of the color. Thanks

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by james_g30 View Post
                            I am looking to buy a high end running shoe that are some what pricey because I get shin splints. So my question is does anyonr know for sure if there is a specific color of sneaker that is required for the academy. (hopefully I make it that far)
                            Just asking because I would hate to have to buy another sneaker because of the color. Thanks
                            There is a link on the academy website for what is needed. Presently it is a black sneaker. Used to be white in the past

                            Comment


                            • So do you guys think if they settle on a contract they would atleast match what Upstate is currently getting. Or will it be only a slight 2% raise.

                              I really cant believe they have been without a contract for 6 years.

                              Comment


                              • Extremely positive thinking. I cant wait to be called. I have a long wait, and I'm female so I worry much more that them. I know I can do it thou.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9424 users online. 386 members and 9038 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X