300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Merkava View Post
    Ok yea, my bad. I couldn't tell if you were serious or not. I just wanted to make it clear.

Yea, I agree bureaucracy happens all the time, especially in big agencies like this, so I take what I hear with a grain of salt.
    Yeah no problem man. Just trying calm the mood with my sh***y jokes. I wouldnt doubt some people are freaking out with this whole canvas thing. Patience is key if not youre just going drive your self crazy!!

Comment

• hey all...new to this thread..had a question and if its been asked before, my apologizes..but for the letter we received in the email..do we print it out and check it off by pen and then scan it and email it back to them? or do we have to fill it out on the computer with adobe or something? also, im currently a p/o out of state..do i need to attend the academy again with nys court? thank you all

Comment

• Originally posted by vet2cop View Post
        hey all...new to this thread..had a question and if its been asked before, my apologizes..but for the letter we received in the email..do we print it out and check it off by pen and then scan it and email it back to them? or do we have to fill it out on the computer with adobe or something? also, im currently a p/o out of state..do i need to attend the academy again with nys court? thank you all
        I printed it and wrote-in with a pen, and scanned it, then emailed it. Yes, you have to attend, even PO's within the state need to attend their specific academy.

Comment

• Anyone know where the PATs test are being held? Is there one central location or different locations.

Comment

• I believe there are multiple locations for it...might be something else though

Comment

• Originally posted by Pats1123 View Post
              Wonder when they're gonna release the requirements for the PAT, X number of push-ups, X number of sit-ups, X amount of time for the run...
              You will never know what the minimum requirements are. Aim for your maximum best. You can get an idea of the push-ups and sit-ups by looking up the Cooper Fitness Standards for Law Enforcement. It's broken down by age and sex

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
                You will never know what the minimum requirements are. Aim for your maximum best. You can get an idea of the push-ups and sit-ups by looking up the Cooper Fitness Standards for Law Enforcement. It's broken down by age and sex
                Thanks for that! My age group is 42 situps. and 37 pushups. These numbers are to just reach a level of GOOD. I will make sure I can do even more than that just in case.
                Last edited by oscar_rodrigez; 04-21-2016, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Wonder if they will give us a new list number according to the JD we selected..

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
                    Wonder if they will give us a new list number according to the JD we selected..
                    I think we keep the list number but it can jump from 1 to 13 to 15 to 37, etc.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
                      Thanks for that! My age group is 42 situps. and 37 pushups. These numbers are to just reach a level of GOOD. I will make sure I can do even more than that just in case.
                      42 proper sit ups in 60 seconds? That's a lot of sit ups for that time span....

Comment

• I notice some of you are filling out personal history forms (employment history, tickets/summones)...am I missing something here or were some of you sent these forms to fill out by OCA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
                          I notice some of you are filling out personal history forms (employment history, tickets/summones)...am I missing something here or were some of you sent these forms to fill out by OCA?
                          They're on the website.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_NYSCO View Post
                            42 proper sit ups in 60 seconds? That's a lot of sit ups for that time span....
                            Its just an estimate. We dont know if they go by those standards. And even at those standards its less for certain ages.

There is absolutely no way to predict the amount.

This is for Men

http://publicsafety.syr.edu/PublicSa...ndards_men.pdf

Thats the link if you want to check out your age. I would shoot to reach at least Good level. But I am sure less will be accepted. Just train for more so that you are in the clear
                            Last edited by oscar_rodrigez; 04-21-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Does this job have a requirement to live in NY State? I was looking into moving to NJ. right over the river 10 mins from the city. Hoboken Like area.

Comment

• Guys, you need to stop trying to figure out how many push ups or sit ups you need to do. All you need to do is get in the best (strength/cardio) shape possible. You do that and you won't have to worry about physical standards of the PAT. If you over think this then you create more stress for yourself. When you get to the PAT the instructors will NOT tell you any numbers you need to pass on any of the tests. If this is stressing you out wait until you get into the academy and the real fun begins. Lol! Just concentrate of what you can control and not what is out of your control. Getting into shape for this job is not hard to do if you really want it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9613 users online. 453 members and 9160 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X