Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I filled out the questionnaire as much as I can without those two forms on my computer with Adobe fill and sign program. They go deep into questions so take your time and fill it out TRUTHFULLY...

Comment

• Anybody know what the need for officers is off of this test vs. the 09 test? Think they'll be hiring more? More retirements this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by james_g30 View Post
        It's updated yearly, you need it to fill out the questionnaire because they ask you employments with addresses and all starting from high school. You also must bring it to the background interview. Have to go in person to a SS office. You should also get a "lifetime drivers abstract" from dmv. $10
        ok so basically in january of 2017 there will be a new one?

Trying to think if we will be meeting with an investigator by then. Or else We would just have to purchase another one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Merkava View Post
          Banedroid: Not falling for what? You think that I'm misleading people on purpose? I really don't have time for that kind of nonsense. You can call them yourself and most likely get the same information. I'm just concerned because I have a trip planned during the summer that I can't cancel and wanted to find out for myself. But you're entitled to you're own opinion, I don't care either way.
          If you dont mind my asking. approx list number?

Comment

• Wait until they ask you for it. I got ahead of myself and got one in October for the nypd and they didn't need it until after I did traces this year

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
              Wait until they ask you for it. I got ahead of myself and got one in October for the nypd and they didn't need it until after I did traces this year

Yeah I would recommend filling out everything you can now. Save it. And maybe after the steps start moving. Fill in the rest with the official papers as guides.

We do have a few months to go. If JULY is anything to go by.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
                If you dont mind my asking. approx list number?
                Scored a 91 rank #: 52xx
                Port Authority Police (6/13): Qualified.

New York State Police (10/13): 95.xx List# 10,9xx

NYS Court Officer (10/14): Waiting

NYS Correctional Officer (1/15): 85% List# 19xx

NYPD (2/15): 97%

NYC Sanitation (2/15): Waiting

Suffolk County PD (6/15):

Comment

I have a little information for some of us candidates regarding how soon the process will get started.

Like a lot of other people here, I also have a vacation planned, I'm going to Europe from the middle of June to the middle of August. I've simply invested too much money into the trip to just cancel it. I'm also worried that the processing may begin while I'm overseas.

I had originally called the number on top of the canvas response letter and the guy there told me he didn't think they would begin processing until at least September since they are receiving so many responses . But he did say to double check with the processing unit.

So I called the supervisor of the processing and medical screening unit and was told that as of right now they do intend to begin physicals in July for everyone that repsponds to the canvas letter for the 2014 exam. She also said that they don't have any more physicals scheduled passed August. So what I could do is when I receive my letter to begin processing is just to tell them that I'm currently unavailable and they'll defer me until the date that I tell them I'm available again. I was worried that I would maybe get booted from the whole hiring process but she said not at all, I would just have to wait until the next round of physicals start which could be a while. I don't mind that, it just gives me more time to get in better shape.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just thought this info would be relevant to some people if the information is in fact true.
                  Ooh wow thank you for the helpful information. It's great to know, so I can really ease up on the anxiety. I appreciate it. Enjoy your trip

Comment

Banedroid: Not falling for what? You think that I'm misleading people on purpose? I really don't have time for that kind of nonsense. You can call them yourself and most likely get the same information. I'm just concerned because I have a trip planned during the summer that I can't cancel and wanted to find out for myself. But you're entitled to you're own opinion, I don't care either way.
                    I was just kidding lighten up, but even though you heard it from a supervisor, bureaucracy happens all the time and that time he/she says now might change to sooner or later. Just my .02.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaneDroid View Post
                      I was just kidding lighten up, but even though you heard it from a supervisor, bureaucracy happens all the time and that time he/she says now might change to sooner or later. Just my .02.
                      Ok yea, my bad. I couldn't tell if you were serious or not. I just wanted to make it clear.

Yea, I agree bureaucracy happens all the time, especially in big agencies like this, so I take what I hear with a grain of salt.
                      Port Authority Police (6/13): Qualified.

New York State Police (10/13): 95.xx List# 10,9xx

NYS Court Officer (10/14): Waiting

NYS Correctional Officer (1/15): 85% List# 19xx

NYPD (2/15): 97%

NYC Sanitation (2/15): Waiting

Suffolk County PD (6/15):

Comment

• For the section in the personal history summons for misdemeanors... If it was a ticket not a summons do u still put it? Or just for any summons? All I had to do was pay a fine no court date about 4 years ago. Fare evasion, metrocard was not working.. So not entirely sure if its actually considered an infraction or a civil by nature fine or a misdemeanor .. Kinda confusing..Thanks anyone
                        Last edited by cali-fornia; 04-20-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Little help: I threw a granola wrapper out of a car window while I was a passenger. We got pulled over and I had to go to court for that. The judge gave me 1 day community service (clean up at the local projects). What section do I disclose that in? Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by stas526 View Post
                            Little help: I threw a granola wrapper out of a car window while I was a passenger. We got pulled over and I had to go to court for that. The judge gave me 1 day community service (clean up at the local projects). What section do I disclose that in? Thank you
                            Page 14. Section 8.

Comment

• Wonder when they're gonna release the requirements for the PAT, X number of push-ups, X number of sit-ups, X amount of time for the run...

Comment

• Thank you!!

Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
                                Page 14. Section 8.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6574 users online. 209 members and 6365 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X