Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from my experience they disqualified some but if your just over the limit I believe they let you come back within a specific time frame to weigh in again. the eye exam is looking in to a machine not a chart on the wall. I did notice they make you take off your glasses or lenses 15mins prior to the exam, theytest you with them on as well as them off.
    NYPD Promotional Exam #0517 List #x
    Got the call @ 1330
    To God be the glory....

Comment

• Anyone have an idea of how many were canvassed? How many people are there on each mini med date?

Comment

• Originally posted by jamco7 View Post
        well thats good that you get a second shot at the pre med in jan. Do you no the date for that or will they notify you? also do you know if redoing the pre med sets u back very far or just a few weeks, meaning will they not let you continue for a while or u can continue on if u pass?
        I was given the re-test date while I was there. I am not sure how far it sets me back, but it is after the Full medical that seems to be scheduled for Dec 22nd (congrats pts1223!). I would guess that after I re-test I will have to wait for the next full medical, whenever they schedule it.

Comment

• Retriever,

What do you mean the doc said you were 1 inch shorter than you believe you are? How do they measure you? Is it on the height/scale combination thing that most doctor's offices have?

Also, did you see anybody strip down to get weighed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
            Retriever,

What do you mean the doc said you were 1 inch shorter than you believe you are? How do they measure you? Is it on the height/scale combination thing that most doctor's offices have?

Also, did you see anybody strip down to get weighed?
            They measure you with the height stick on a standard scale (like a doctors office). It said 71 inches, which to me is 5'11"...but it is what it is. I did not see anyone strip down, but I was in & out pretty quickly. there was a loooong line forming when I left.

Comment

• Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
                They measure you with the height stick on a standard scale (like a doctors office). It said 71 inches, which to me is 5'11"...but it is what it is. I did not see anyone strip down, but I was in & out pretty quickly. there was a loooong line forming when I left.
                Hey you said you were in and out pretty quick? What exactly do they do? Just weight height and eyes? No blood drawn? Once it was your turn to go how long does the process take? And how many people were there for the mini med? Thanks for all the helpful info!

Comment

• Originally posted by mfriguy View Post
                  Hey you said you were in and out pretty quick? What exactly do they do? Just weight height and eyes? No blood drawn? Once it was your turn to go how long does the process take? And how many people were there for the mini med? Thanks for all the helpful info!
                  No blood, just height, weight, and vision. I was out in an hour or so in total. There was prob 10-12 people when 1 arrived, not sure how many came afterward.

Comment

so you were 71 inches and they said you were 5' 10" not 5' 11" and u didnt ask why????

Comment

• Originally posted by jamco7 View Post
                      so you were 71 inches and they said you were 5' 10" not 5' 11" and u didnt ask why????
                      I pointed out what the scale said and he didn't care. I figured maybe it was 5'10 and a half and he rounded down. For me, 4 lbs in the grand scheme is nothing to make waves about...I should weigh less than that anyway. If for some reason I am not where I need to be at the re-test and I am facing DQ, I will absolutely talk to whomever I need to talk to.

Comment

I was given the re-test date while I was there. I am not sure how far it sets me back, but it is after the Full medical that seems to be scheduled for Dec 22nd (congrats pts1223!). I would guess that after I re-test I will have to wait for the next full medical, whenever they schedule it.
                        also what is the date you got for the retry on the pre med.

Comment

I pointed out what the scale said and he didn't care. I figured maybe it was 5'10 and a half and he rounded down. For me, 4 lbs in the grand scheme is nothing to make waves about...I should weigh less than that anyway. If for some reason I am not where I need to be at the re-test and I am facing DQ, I will absolutely talk to whomever I need to talk to.
                          yea i hear what your saying. i heard from people that they do do that. if your height is 1/2" intervel they always round down. thats just the way it is

Comment

• We've heard from some that have to retest. Did anyone that just went not pass the vision portion of the pre-med? If so, what did they tell you?

Comment

• To anyone who already been to the pre-med screening, did you meet the person you had to contact to accept your pre-med screening appointment? I contacted mine and she said to dress business casual. However, since they weight you with your clothes on I would much rather dress in shorts and a tee shirt. Did they give people dressed like that a hard time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
                                To anyone who already been to the pre-med screening, did you meet the person you had to contact to accept your pre-med screening appointment? I contacted mine and she said to dress business casual. However, since they weight you with your clothes on I would much rather dress in shorts and a tee shirt. Did they give people dressed like that a hard time?
                                I met the person that I confirmed my appointment with and another woman who was a contact as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8531 users online. 420 members and 8111 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X