300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Merkava View Post
    I have a little information for some of us candidates regarding how soon the process will get started.

Like a lot of other people here, I also have a vacation planned, I'm going to Europe from the middle of June to the middle of August. I've simply invested too much money into the trip to just cancel it. I'm also worried that the processing may begin while I'm overseas.

I had originally called the number on top of the canvas response letter and the guy there told me he didn't think they would begin processing until at least September since they are receiving so many responses . But he did say to double check with the processing unit.

So I called the supervisor of the processing and medical screening unit and was told that as of right now they do intend to begin physicals in July for everyone that repsponds to the canvas letter for the 2014 exam. She also said that they don't have any more physicals scheduled passed August. So what I could do is when I receive my letter to begin processing is just to tell them that I'm currently unavailable and they'll defer me until the date that I tell them I'm available again. I was worried that I would maybe get booted from the whole hiring process but she said not at all, I would just have to wait until the next round of physicals start which could be a while. I don't mind that, it just gives me more time to get in better shape.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just thought this info would be relevant to some people if the information is in fact true.
    Haha not falling for that one. He is definitely saying that so nobody gets prepared and we have a surprise PAT first day of May. But in all seriousness I would suggest people to start getting prepared ASAP.

Comment

Last edited by cali-fornia; 04-20-2016, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Idk how to.... LMAO

Originally posted by cali-fornia View Post
        Hey officer100 can u turn your pms on

Comment

• Originally posted by BaneDroid View Post
          Haha not falling for that one. He is definitely saying that so nobody gets prepared and we have a surprise PAT first day of May. But in all seriousness I would suggest people to start getting prepared ASAP.
          haha that would be so cold. imagine. lol

When it comes to this process. Anything can happen at any given time. Just get in shape as quickly as possible and be prepared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
            Idk how to.... LMAO
            Go to settings then general settings and scroll down to private messaging and click in

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
              What do you mean by this?
              In other words, how long its been since you did whatever it was and how much ect. Like before your 21 birthday ect. On the site it states "any user" so the means current.. Im concnerned with 3 years in the past at age 18

Comment

• Are unlawful users of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined by section 102 of the Controlled Substance Act (21 U.S.C. 802))

^^^^^^^^ That is what is written on the website for current disqualification. So If I am interpreting it correctly. As long as you are not currently using. And are not currently addicted to anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali-fornia View Post
                  Go to settings then general settings and scroll down to private messaging and click in
                  See if it works now

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
                    See if it works now

After u check it on, u have to scroll down and save the changes friend

Comment

• I can't belive that social security is charging $136 for the detailed earnings report form ssa-7050. That's highway robbery for a printer to print a piece of paper.

Comment

• oscar_rodrigez: Good question, I'm really not sure. I would imagine that's how it works. You can email them maybe for some more insight: [email protected]
                        Last edited by Merkava; 04-20-2016, 03:00 PM.
                        Port Authority Police (6/13): Qualified.

New York State Police (10/13): 95.xx List# 10,9xx

NYS Court Officer (10/14): Waiting

NYS Correctional Officer (1/15): 85% List# 19xx

NYPD (2/15): 97%

NYC Sanitation (2/15): Waiting

Suffolk County PD (6/15):

Comment

• Originally posted by cali-fornia View Post
                          After u check it on, u have to scroll down and save the changes friend
                          I just did that. Lol. My bad.

Comment

• Banedroid: Not falling for what? You think that I'm misleading people on purpose? I really don't have time for that kind of nonsense. You can call them yourself and most likely get the same information. I'm just concerned because I have a trip planned during the summer that I can't cancel and wanted to find out for myself.
                            Last edited by Merkava; 04-20-2016, 07:38 PM.
                            Port Authority Police (6/13): Qualified.

New York State Police (10/13): 95.xx List# 10,9xx

NYS Court Officer (10/14): Waiting

NYS Correctional Officer (1/15): 85% List# 19xx

NYPD (2/15): 97%

NYC Sanitation (2/15): Waiting

Suffolk County PD (6/15):

Comment

• Originally posted by james_g30 View Post
                              I can't belive that social security is charging $136 for the detailed earnings report form ssa-7050. That's highway robbery for a printer to print a piece of paper.
                              should we do this now or does it have to be as up to date as possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
                                should we do this now or does it have to be as up to date as possible?
                                It's updated yearly, you need it to fill out the questionnaire because they ask you employments with addresses and all starting from high school. You also must bring it to the background interview. Have to go in person to a SS office. You should also get a "lifetime drivers abstract" from dmv. $10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8746 users online. 379 members and 8367 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X