Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When they call you for the PAT's with a date, does anyone know if you can pick a different day or is that frowned upon. I'm concerned because I have a long vacation coming up in July, I know it's premature to assume, but I want to make sure just in case. Thanks and good luck to all!!

Comment

• Originally posted by stas526 View Post
      When they call you for the PAT's with a date, does anyone know if you can pick a different day or is that frowned upon. I'm concerned because I have a long vacation coming up in July, I know it's premature to assume, but I want to make sure just in case. Thanks and good luck to all!!
      I would like to know the same thing because I'm going on a vacation next month. I wish I knew when they are going to start giving out dates for the PAT. I was also called for mta for June training, so I wanted to use up my vacation time. I'm nervous of the unknown.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Job View Post
        Nassau does not take anyone from the academy. It's a transfer only. That leaves Suffolk. Now it's a numbers game. Think about it. How many officers could they need in Suffolk versus the 5 boroughs of NYC. You will have a better chance getting canvassed for NYC in the first go round unless you scored very high. In that case you would have shot at Suffolk. Now let me give you a real world example. In my class of 86 people, 5 of them were for Suffolk. Like I said, do the math.
        Hey, do you know about how long it took from when you received your canvas letter to choose a location till they called you for the first step in the process? and how long between the first step and entering the academy; I know it is different for everyone but if you can give an estimate. thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by RegulaRell View Post
          Hey, do you know about how long it took from when you received your canvas letter to choose a location till they called you for the first step in the process? and how long between the first step and entering the academy; I know it is different for everyone but if you can give an estimate. thank you
          They changed the entire process for the 2014 list. So even if the entire 2009 exam had done the same exact thing, it means nothing.

Exam in October or December.
          Received score on 9/17/15
          Received canvassing letter on 4/15/16.

That's all that has happened so far.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by stas526 View Post
            When they call you for the PAT's with a date, does anyone know if you can pick a different day or is that frowned upon. I'm concerned because I have a long vacation coming up in July, I know it's premature to assume, but I want to make sure just in case. Thanks and good luck to all!!
            Originally posted by KiaC_89 View Post
            I would like to know the same thing because I'm going on a vacation next month. I wish I knew when they are going to start giving out dates for the PAT. I was also called for mta for June training, so I wanted to use up my vacation time. I'm nervous of the unknown.
            Last I heard if you miss your date its bad. Just remember there are thousands that will not miss the date. It all comes down to timing. It sucks I also have a vacation booked in July but If it falls on the date I will have to sacrifice.

Comment

• Do the courts have past max drug policy? Ex. high school

Comment

• Originally posted by cali-fornia View Post
                Do the courts have past max drug policy? Ex. high school
                They have a specific list of automatic disqualifications.
                https://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening4.shtml

Other than that... case by case

Comment

• Originally posted by RegulaRell View Post
                  They did say 6 to 9 months for screening though.

https://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening.shtml

Comment

• Buncha druggies in here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey everybody!!!

I created a GroupMe for this thread. figured it makes communication a little easier. Someone did it for the NYPD 4300 exams and it's actually been very helpful and pretty fun.

Here's the link:

https://app.groupme.com/join_group/21425914/Rlfsuc

Comment

• I have a little information for some of us candidates regarding how soon the process will get started.

Like a lot of other people here, I also have a vacation planned, I'm going to Europe from the middle of June to the middle of August. I've simply invested too much money into the trip to just cancel it. I'm also worried that the processing may begin while I'm overseas.

I had originally called the number on top of the canvas response letter and the guy there told me he didn't think they would begin processing until at least September since they are receiving so many responses . But he did say to double check with the processing unit.

So I called the supervisor of the processing and medical screening unit and was told that as of right now they do intend to begin physicals in July for everyone that repsponds to the canvas letter for the 2014 exam. She also said that they don't have any more physicals scheduled passed August. So what I could do is when I receive my letter to begin processing is just to tell them that I'm currently unavailable and they'll defer me until the date that I tell them I'm available again. I was worried that I would maybe get booted from the whole hiring process but she said not at all, I would just have to wait until the next round of physicals start which could be a while. I don't mind that, it just gives me more time to get in better shape.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just thought this info would be relevant to some people if the information is in fact true.
                        Port Authority Police (6/13): Qualified.

New York State Police (10/13): 95.xx List# 10,9xx

NYS Court Officer (10/14): Waiting

NYS Correctional Officer (1/15): 85% List# 19xx

NYPD (2/15): 97%

NYC Sanitation (2/15): Waiting

Suffolk County PD (6/15):

Comment

• Originally posted by cali-fornia View Post
                          Do the courts have past max drug policy? Ex. high school
                          What do you mean by this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Merkava View Post
                            I have a little information for some of us candidates regarding how soon the process will get started.

Like a lot of other people here, I also have a vacation planned, I'm going to Europe from the middle of June to the middle of August. I've simply invested too much money into the trip to just cancel it. I'm also worried that the processing may begin while I'm overseas.

I had originally called the number on top of the canvas response letter and the guy there told me he didn't think they would begin processing until at least September since they are receiving so many responses . But he did say to double check with the processing unit.

So I called the supervisor of the processing and medical screening unit and was told that as of right now they do intend to begin physicals in July for everyone that repsponds to the canvas letter for the 2014 exam. She also said that they don't have any more physicals scheduled passed August. So what I could do is when I receive my letter to begin processing is just to tell them that I'm currently unavailable and they'll defer me until the date that I tell them I'm available again. I was worried that I would maybe get booted from the whole hiring process but she said not at all, I would just have to wait until the next round of physicals start which could be a while. I don't mind that, it just gives me more time to get in better shape.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just thought this info would be relevant to some people if the information is in fact true.
                            SO in July & August they start from list number 1 and work there way down correct? Im curious how many numbers they will call those 2 months.

Comment

• deleted....

Comment

• Hey officer100 can u turn your pms on

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8411 users online. 372 members and 8039 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X