Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I too got an 88 but that as well as higher grades is no guarantee. We all have to get in or stay in shape and be patient. Good luck to all

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Congratulations to the 2014 List on beginning this process. In all honesty, you haven't even scratched the surface of this process. Stop worrying about pay rates, vacation and everything else until you get to that point. Right now you need to be focused on paying attention to instructions on everything they send or ask you. Start getting in shape, they gave you more tools then the 2009 exam had, set up a 20 meter line and keep running as fast as you can, go out to a field and sprint and change direction etc, push ups and sit ups etc etc, stop eating crap, get your health in order.

DISCLOSE EVERYTHING, DISCLOSE EVERYTHING....I'll say it again for those who didn't understand...DISCLOSE EVERYTHING.

If they ask you on the paper to call and confirm your appointment (Like the first day of your background) CALL AND CONFIRM.

If they ask you for something, get it as fast as possible and send it in, if they ask you to show up somewhere, SHOW UP IN A SUIT AND TIE....

This is a long process, it doesn't matter how fast you think you'll get thru it because it will still be long.

With that being said, they are still contacting people from the 2009 list to finish up things here and there from what I know. At this point its a waste of their money with people being that far into the process so they will likely finish them up.

2009 List - If youre still waiting, keep waiting, no one seems to have heard of the list expiring yet and like I said, they are still calling people, keep your phone on and watch your emails. A few are still waiting for a psych appointment, a few are still waiting (or rather) hoping a re-test of the PAT (or possible doing this whole new PAT). Just keep your head up and your ears and eyes open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
        I scored an 88 with a list number of 11,000... its great I recieved a canvass letter and all but werent people canvassed on the 09 exam only to NOT have the chance to be hired? If I recall correctly they ended the list before they had their chance.

Ill be happy with my 88 once ive been actually offered the job.
        The 09 exam chose jurisdiction during the exam, they went as low as they felt they needed to fill their numbers and you have people who scored 99 on the 2014 exam that they can call. Its all luck of the draw when it comes to taking the test, scoring and starting the process. That's all it really comes down too.

Comment

• Originally posted by James_Jameson View Post
          Congratulations to the 2014 List on beginning this process. In all honesty, you haven't even scratched the surface of this process. Stop worrying about pay rates, vacation and everything else until you get to that point. Right now you need to be focused on paying attention to instructions on everything they send or ask you. Start getting in shape, they gave you more tools then the 2009 exam had, set up a 20 meter line and keep running as fast as you can, go out to a field and sprint and change direction etc, push ups and sit ups etc etc, stop eating crap, get your health in order.

DISCLOSE EVERYTHING, DISCLOSE EVERYTHING....I'll say it again for those who didn't understand...DISCLOSE EVERYTHING.

If they ask you on the paper to call and confirm your appointment (Like the first day of your background) CALL AND CONFIRM.

If they ask you for something, get it as fast as possible and send it in, if they ask you to show up somewhere, SHOW UP IN A SUIT AND TIE....

This is a long process, it doesn't matter how fast you think you'll get thru it because it will still be long.

With that being said, they are still contacting people from the 2009 list to finish up things here and there from what I know. At this point its a waste of their money with people being that far into the process so they will likely finish them up.

2009 List - If youre still waiting, keep waiting, no one seems to have heard of the list expiring yet and like I said, they are still calling people, keep your phone on and watch your emails. A few are still waiting for a psych appointment, a few are still waiting (or rather) hoping a re-test of the PAT (or possible doing this whole new PAT). Just keep your head up and your ears and eyes open.
          Thanks for all that. Needed to read it.

One question. As far as disciplinary action. When I was in high school I did receive a detention here and there. Such as No belt. Top button undone. and maybe one or two lates due to a horrible commute. Do we put that down? As with the dress attire detentions, yes I went to an extremely strict school. haha

Comment

• Did you guys scan the form to a pdf file and then email that pdf file? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by cali-fornia View Post
              Did you guys scan the form to a pdf file and then email that pdf file? Thanks
              Yes...I emailed a pdf. that I scanned and I also faxed it in. I am not taking any chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by BanditBuzz View Post
                Yes...I emailed a pdf. that I scanned and I also faxed it in. I am not taking any chances.
                I called the phone number at the top. The women was very kind. She said Oh I see you sent it twice! haha I said yes just being cautious. She said I dont blame you. I would be cautious as well. She said if we dont have it by the due date you will be ignored. Finished.

GET THOSE SENT BEFORE THE DATE EVERYONE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
                  I called the phone number at the top. The women was very kind. She said Oh I see you sent it twice! haha I said yes just being cautious. She said I dont blame you. I would be cautious as well. She said if we dont have it by the due date you will be ignored. Finished.

GET THOSE SENT BEFORE THE DATE EVERYONE!!
                  I can only imagine. Even with a score like 88, there's over 11 thousand people to process. Then there will be those that will make up any excuse to send it late. They won't want to be bothered.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Im very torn between choosing New York City or Long Island. Does anyone have an idea if nassau and suffolk are hurting for officers? If i do choose Long Island and they hypothetically don't hire anyone for nassau or suffolk, do i get an opportunity to choose another district or am i taken off the list?

Comment

• Originally posted by mike17 View Post
                      Im very torn between choosing New York City or Long Island. Does anyone have an idea if nassau and suffolk are hurting for officers? If i do choose Long Island and they hypothetically don't hire anyone for nassau or suffolk, do i get an opportunity to choose another district or am i taken off the list?
                      I think that's a question worth calling the processing division about. I'm still thrown off by there being only one choice. But if your commute isn't too crazy, I would say pick NYC and then transfer. There's always gonna be more spots in NYC than anywhere else

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• I would say pick for where you want to work because it doesn't make sense to choose some where that you have to travel far to and may regret in the end. So if you want LI pick LI. Just my two sense because there is no guarantee of a transfer and/or when it will be. I am pretty sure they will give senior CO's preference in transfers over rookies and newbies. Good luck tho
                        Last edited by RegulaRell; 04-19-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike17 View Post
                          Im very torn between choosing New York City or Long Island. Does anyone have an idea if nassau and suffolk are hurting for officers? If i do choose Long Island and they hypothetically don't hire anyone for nassau or suffolk, do i get an opportunity to choose another district or am i taken off the list?
                          Nassau does not take anyone from the academy. It's a transfer only. That leaves Suffolk. Now it's a numbers game. Think about it. How many officers could they need in Suffolk versus the 5 boroughs of NYC. You will have a better chance getting canvassed for NYC in the first go round unless you scored very high. In that case you would have shot at Suffolk. Now let me give you a real world example. In my class of 86 people, 5 of them were for Suffolk. Like I said, do the math.

Comment

• Does anyone know how canvs in the 9th is i live in the 9th but hear nyc hires faster. Looking at the commute for certainn area of nyc commute could take me one hour and a half depending on the city. Picking one is killing me wanted to pick 9th an some areas upstate

Comment

• Anyone know any good eye doctors for lasik in NYC or Long Island, PM me please. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Duke456 View Post
                                Does anyone know how canvs in the 9th is i live in the 9th but hear nyc hires faster. Looking at the commute for certainn area of nyc commute could take me one hour and a half depending on the city. Picking one is killing me wanted to pick 9th an some areas upstate

Even if nyc may hire faster there are also more people waiting for nyc as well

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10549 users online. 465 members and 10084 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X