X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
    this job requires a polygraph? I had no idea. haha
    not that this is an issue. lol

Btw me and my cousin both scored really well. He has a 91. He did smoke marijuana like 3 times over the course of his teen years. well over 3 years ago. Has not touched it since.

I noticed on the personal history questionnaire that is one of the drugs listed. Does he have to check yes? It was so long ago. It wont show up in his system and its not like he was addicted.
    I only ever ate a brownie. I still put it. Think of this way. Pot is legal in a bunch of states now. He did it years ago and hasn't done anything else since then. I seriously doubt they care. If Crack isn't an automatic DQ then I don't think they'll care about a little pot he only smoked 3 times ever.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• It doesn't I was giving an example of being non selected or being disqualified. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

• Ok so the NY Court Officer does not give a polygraph?
        Weird most Officer careers do. lol

Comment

Ok so the NY Court Officer does not give a polygraph?
          Doesn't seem like we do. I haven't seen anything about that on the website

Comment

Ok so the NY Court Officer does not give a polygraph?
            There is no polygraph. It's important to go to the website and familiarize yourself with the process. Everything is there.

You should also disclose your past drug use, job dq's, speeding tickets, arrests, etc. Be honest. Have integrity. Show some character.
            Last edited by unblindeacon; 04-18-2016, 05:45 PM.
            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Question about disclosing everything. Someone said disclose everything such as speeding tickets etc. What about if they are over 7 years ago and no longer on your dmv abstract. They can't go back further than that can they.?

Comment

• Originally posted by james_g30 View Post
                Question about disclosing everything. Someone said disclose everything such as speeding tickets etc. What about if they are over 7 years ago and no longer on your dmv abstract. They can't go back further than that can they.?
                They can see your lifetime record. There's one that goes back 4 years and another that is a lifetime one

Comment

• I think NY dmv has a certified driving record that shows everything.

Comment

• Read the thread from the beginning. Youll be surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaneDroid View Post
                      I think NY dmv has a certified driving record that shows everything.
                      Yes you are correct, thank you. You have to order it by mail from the dmv. It's called a lifetime abstract and it's $10. Takes 2 weeks to receive

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
                        They can see your lifetime record. There's one that goes back 4 years and another that is a lifetime one

Thanks for information. I will be ordering a copy from dmv.

Comment

• does anyone know how frequent they send out canvas letters for instance people who scored just below 88, will it be a year from now ?

Comment

• Originally posted by mike2499 View Post
                            does anyone know how frequent they send out canvas letters for instance people who scored just below 88, will it be a year from now ?
                            It's been a year and a half since we took the test and just now got something for having a 91. It may be a little while. Just forget it and check the your email often.

Comment

• So... Kabbage mentioned this earlier.... there is no time frame for anything. I emailed the processing division about a month ago (march 7) and they told me they had no time frame for when they would start canvassing the 2014 exam. And then boom. We get the email a few days ago.

The current academy will be finishing June 3rd (they started Feb 29 and training is 14 weeks). This also doesn't mean another academy is starting immediately after.

For those of you that were not canvassed yet (88 and under), there are literally THOUSANDS of people ahead of you.

Everyone's best bet is to keep referring back to this forum and seeing if there is any new info.

I will personally be keeping you guys updated on anything I get or hear from the processing unit. I should be within the first batch of guinea pigs the new processing method is used on. I know how anxious we can get when it comes to a new job, especially one as exclusive as this one, but just BE PATIENT. Worrying will get you nowhere

Comment

• I scored an 88 with a list number of 11,000... its great I recieved a canvass letter and all but werent people canvassed on the 09 exam only to NOT have the chance to be hired? If I recall correctly they ended the list before they had their chance.

Ill be happy with my 88 once ive been actually offered the job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4696 users online. 287 members and 4409 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X