Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before you guys start calling, I would just like to say... keep in mind that they canvassed over 5000 people. Imagine we all start calling? Just make sure you send in your stuff to the correct email and that you follow their instructions. I've seen a lot of people go through their canvassing/processing for different LEO jobs and usually the errors are from their end as opposed to the department's.

I know we are all super excited after such a long wait. It's been a little over a year since we took the test and just when we were forgetting that we even applied, they send the canvassing email.

Fill out your JD form, start filling out the paperwork that's on the COT website and have it saved on your computer.

GET IN SHAPE!!! Don't underestimate the physical portion of this training. My ex was only 6 months out of the marine corps when he went to the NYPD academy and he came home beyond exhausted every day. Now imagine us average Joe's that work in an office

Do your part to be ready. Let the processing division do theirs.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
      Before you guys start calling, I would just like to say... keep in mind that they canvassed over 5000 people. Imagine we all start calling? Just make sure you send in your stuff to the correct email and that you follow their instructions. I've seen a lot of people go through their canvassing/processing for different LEO jobs and usually the errors are from their end as opposed to the department's.

I know we are all super excited after such a long wait. It's been a little over a year since we took the test and just when we were forgetting that we even applied, they send the canvassing email.

Fill out your JD form, start filling out the paperwork that's on the COT website and have it saved on your computer.

GET IN SHAPE!!! Don't underestimate the physical portion of this training. My ex was only 6 months out of the marine corps when he went to the NYPD academy and he came home beyond exhausted every day. Now imagine us average Joe's that work in an office

Do your part to be ready. Let the processing division do theirs.

Can you link me to the paperwork? On the website?
      And yes especially witht the physical test now being the first step.

I heard that The 09 Academy graduates in early JUNE. SO either before or after that they will start the process. (In order by list number) So Get in shape.

Comment

• Hey I recieved a 92.5 and I am rank #30XX, I know no one has a exact time frame but was wondering how long it may take, if someone who already or currently going through the process can give some sort of estimate. Just sent back my letter of availability and chose NYC. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
          Can you link me to the paperwork? On the website?
          And yes especially witht the physical test now being the first step.

I heard that The 09 Academy graduates in early JUNE. SO either before or after that they will start the process. (In order by list number) So Get in shape.
          Do only the 1st section... dont bother with the 3rd until you're specifically told to. It's too expensive to get it done too early

https://www.nycourts.gov/CAREERS/cot/Background.shtml

and hopefully they're doing the academies back to back. 14 weeks. Last class started Feb 29. So they should be done by June 3rd.

I don't think the next step of canvassing is happening until the very beginning of may since they gave people till the end of April to reply... so unless they canvass an entire class worth of people in one month, I don't think we're going in june.

Just speculation. I hope it's super fast. But just trying to give myself realistic expectations

Comment

• Oh yes no way your done with all 9 steps by June. I was saying possibly for the physical test. Maybe by mid june they will start calling people in for the physical test.

The physical test is the next step correct? Or is there another part to the canvas?

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
              Oh yes no way your done with all 9 steps by June. I was saying possibly for the physical test. Maybe by mid june they will start calling people in for the physical test.

The physical test is the next step correct? Or is there another part to the canvas?
              Someone on here did mention the physical being the next step but I don't remember where they got that info from

Comment

Someone on here did mention the physical being the next step but I don't remember where they got that info from

I see it now. Look on the left hand side of this link
                https://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening.shtml

Comment

• I'll throw this out once -- no one can give you an estimate of how long you'll be waiting. Everything is dependent on too many variables -- how many people oca will hire, how many people ahead of you wash out, any hang ups in your background/psych -- it's just unrealistic.

2009 test takers had to endure a statewide hiring freeze during their list -- people that were ranked in the top 1,000 still took YEARS to get hired. It doesn't look like that will be the case for you 2014 people, but temper your expectations and get in shape

Comment

• gotcha.. i always look on my phone and it never showed like that. damn. going to the gym tonight.

Comment

• Ugh. Personal his questionaire doesn't include non selected in other law enforcement agencies. No way in hell am I putting DQ. Hopefully they let me write my own box or explain.
                      Last edited by BaneDroid; 04-18-2016, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• i'm sure they will give you a chance to explain once you meet your BI. but if you REALLY wanna explain beforehand, use the last page. Remember that failure to disclose is the biggest sin when applying for a LEO position

Comment

i'm sure they will give you a chance to explain once you meet your BI. but if you REALLY wanna explain beforehand, use the last page. Remember that failure to disclose is the biggest sin when applying for a LEO position
                          Yeah I know. I'm definitely disclosing, but there is a big difference between the two. So I'm just throwing that out there.

Comment

• but if you werent selected, why was it? technically wasnt it something that disqualified you?

Comment

• It mostly means I don't meet the requirements they're looking for or a big example is not passing the polygraph. DQ is not disclosing information. Having alot debt, conviction more serious stuff.

Comment

• this job requires a polygraph? I had no idea. haha
                                not that this is an issue. lol

Btw me and my cousin both scored really well. He has a 91. He did smoke marijuana like 3 times over the course of his teen years. well over 3 years ago. Has not touched it since.

I noticed on the personal history questionnaire that is one of the drugs listed. Does he have to check yes? It was so long ago. It wont show up in his system and its not like he was addicted.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9778 users online. 467 members and 9311 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X