300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
    Dinosaur explained it above -- you will not drop down the payscale for taking a promotion. There is a minimum amount the promotion has to be worth (it's either in the contract or rules of the chief judge, can't remember). You will essentially be put on your new pay line at whatever year would satisfy that minimum raise (hence going to a hiring rate 19 after two years as a trainee at line 16)
    Now I completely understand. Thank you so much sir.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone. Got in with 89.5 gonna pick nass/suff and hope for the best. Gonna be a pay cut but less taxing physically in long run. Hope we all get in where we wanna go.

Comment

• I figured choosing the Judicial Districts 3-8 would be best to get called sooner with the following logic:
        Last exam, applicants in the 4th JD got canvassed with a score of 80 and above
        Compared to NYC, applicants only with a 88 got canvassed
        Based off of this information, I conclude that JD's that canvassed people with the lowest scores had the least applicants, therefore have the least amount of people competing for a position. I understand NYC is much more dense, but the 3-8 JD encompasses 42 different counties.

There is a more probable chance of you getting called if you picked the 3-8 JD....thats my logic, is that correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassera View Post
          I figured choosing the Judicial Districts 3-8 would be best to get called sooner with the following logic:
          Last exam, applicants in the 4th JD got canvassed with a score of 80 and above
          Compared to NYC, applicants only with a 88 got canvassed
          Based off of this information, I conclude that JD's that canvassed people with the lowest scores had the least applicants, therefore have the least amount of people competing for a position. I understand NYC is much more dense, but the 3-8 JD encompasses 42 different counties.

There is a more probable chance of you getting called if you picked the 3-8 JD....thats my logic, is that correct?
          Are you willing to move for work? Because that's literally anywhere in NY above dutchess county. The areas us city people don't even know exist.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer100 View Post
            Are you willing to move for work? Because that's literally anywhere in NY above dutchess county. The areas us city people don't even know exist.

It's probably easier to transfer once your in vs waiting depending on his score

currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

• I would LOVE to move upstate. Im so sick of the city.

Comment

• Does anyone know if they do a credit check like other agencies?
                Bryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                  Does anyone know if they do a credit check like other agencies?
                  Yes

Comment

• Hi, does anyone know if a 10 year old misdemeanor possession charge is an automatic dq....even if it was dismissed?
                    Thanks

Comment

• ' Were people from the 2009 exam able to choose more than one jd to work in or did they only have to choose one as well? Maybe choosing only one this time will allow them to get through the list quicker , right ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
                        ' Were people from the 2009 exam able to choose more than one jd to work in or did they only have to choose one as well? Maybe choosing only one this time will allow them to get through the list quicker , right ?
                        I wanna say I chose a specific JD at the exam and was only canvassed for that JD

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklyn911 View Post
                          Hi, does anyone know if a 10 year old misdemeanor possession charge is an automatic dq....even if it was dismissed?
                          Thanks
                          Everything is always done one a case by case basis. Just make sure to disclose, because failing to do so is the real worry. I don't think you'll have anything to worry about if it was 10 years ago and you haven't done anything serious since then

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
                            ' Were people from the 2009 exam able to choose more than one jd to work in or did they only have to choose one as well? Maybe choosing only one this time will allow them to get through the list quicker , right ?
                            The entire process was different last time. They canvassed by district. The 14 exam is the first test to do one choice only

Comment

• anyone know the time frame canvas letters are sent out? For the people who scored below 88, do we have any hope?

Comment

• Hey what's up guys. I received my canvass letter and my score was a 91. I have a real decision to make, I currently started my 17 year with the NYC Dept. Of Sanitation and have to decide to retire early or not and pursue this next chapter. Decisions decisions....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11238 users online. 489 members and 10749 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X