Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they removed the height and weight standards. Can't find them on the website
    currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
      Hiring rate 19
      Thats weird. Hypothetically you are on the job as an officer 7 years and hit max salary of 67XXX. (before the raise)
      Say at that point you go for a promotion.

Say you go for lieutenant. I see they start at JG 22. Now if you also go to HIRING RATE you would intact be making less money.

JG 22 is 61XXX.

SO if you take a promotion you take a salary cut for a few years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
        Hiring rate 19

What I am basically asking is that every time you move Up a JG pay. You reset back to HIRING RATE? Rather than just move down while keeping your 1St- 7TH rank.

If thats the case for all promotions you will take a big loss.

Comment

• You do not go to the hiring rate on a promotion. Under Civil Service law as long as you are in an agency your salary cannot be lowered on a promotion or change of title. You would be slotted in between lines until the following April when you will be moved up to the next line. The following year you will get a full increment. (Unless, of course, OCA has gotten generous since I got out)

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
            Thats weird. Hypothetically you are on the job as an officer 7 years and hit max salary of 67XXX. (before the raise)
            Say at that point you go for a promotion.

Say you go for lieutenant. I see they start at JG 22. Now if you also go to HIRING RATE you would intact be making less money.

JG 22 is 61XXX.

SO if you take a promotion you take a salary cut for a few years?
            That's the same for almost any LEO job. You hit top pay then say hey let me take a promotion and get booted down to making less then the people you are supervising for a year or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
              That's the same for almost any LEO job. You hit top pay then say hey let me take a promotion and get booted down to making less then the people you are supervising for a year or two.
              Dinosaur32 said you can never get a downgrade in pay.

I am just having trouble understanding. The pay lines.

I was under the assumption that you only move down pay lines. I thought 1ST-7TH always stays with you when you get a promotion.

SO in reality it takes 9 years to reach max pay. 2 years in the traineeship. Just to be knocked back down to hiring rate.

Comment

• People just got canvassed and are worrying about top salary and promotions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                  Not for nypd and NYCD captains and sargents will always make more than an officer. You never get a pay cut . I think the starting captain pay in like $300 more than top pay co. So idk how you can get a pay decrease

Comment

• [QUOTE=boredlimodriver;3859046]People just got canvassed and are worrying about top salary and promotions

People just want to know what they are getting themselves into.
                    Only a baboon would take a job and change their life without all the details.
                    People should be asking questions.

Comment

• [QUOTE=oscar_rodrigez;3859053]
                      Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                      People just got canvassed and are worrying about top salary and promotions

But these are all things that would be explained once you get an investigator. We just got canvassed, not an offer for hire. There will be a time for all these questions where someone will go over everything in detail

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• [QUOTE=oscar_rodrigez;3859053]
                        Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                        People just got canvassed and are worrying about top salary and promotions

Baboon or baffoon?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Officer100;3859056]
                          Originally posted by oscar_rodrigez View Post
                          But these are all things that would be explained once you get an investigator. We just got canvassed, not an offer for hire. There will be a time for all these questions where someone will go over everything in detail

Understood. Just trying to fill in some of the unknown.

A little overzealous haha

Comment

• [QUOTE=boredlimodriver;3859057]

Baboon or baffoon?
                            Either, no?

Comment

• [QUOTE=boredlimodriver;3859057]

Baboon or baffoon?
                              balloon.

Comment

• Dinosaur explained it above -- you will not drop down the payscale for taking a promotion. There is a minimum amount the promotion has to be worth (it's either in the contract or rules of the chief judge, can't remember). You will essentially be put on your new pay line at whatever year would satisfy that minimum raise (hence going to a hiring rate 19 after two years as a trainee at line 16)

Truthfully you should be more concerned with the current retirement for new state employees than the promotion structure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8782 users online. 410 members and 8372 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X